Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

4*60 ARF fuel tank?

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

4*60 ARF fuel tank?

Old 03-18-2003, 09:56 PM
epeltz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4*60 ARF fuel tank?

I am wondering why the ARF 4*60 shows the tank installation to be set in side ways and not upright. I can twist the vent to be at the top but the tank will sit different then I am used to. The support bracket and fire wall hole prevents the tank from being installed like I am used to. Will this casue any future problems and/or should I remove the bracket and fit the tank in upright. The directions even show it side ways. thanks
Old 03-27-2003, 11:47 PM
docpaul

You should have no problems installing the tank as per the instructions. This is a fabulous plane and it flies like it's on rails! I have about 40 flights on mine now and have had no problems with the tank. Make sure that after about 5-6 flights you tighten the stopper. I have found that they tend to come loose from the fuel and pressure.
-Paul [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2003, 08:48 AM
epeltz

I have to say this is a very nice ARf. I keep hearing that it flies so nice so I had to get one. I have a .61 Fx in mine and will have it ready to go in a couple of weeks. Did you use the same control throws per the instructions or did you change them to your liking? I have the Futuba 9c and was thinking of using the two recomended (low and High) rate settings and maybe have a third one on triple rates if those where still to touchy for me. This will be my 2nd low wing(should have been my first but no ARF last year), the first is my 40 size super sportster and I think it is a great flying plane but a bit small and fast for learning aeorbatics with. I hope the 60 4 star will help me become a better piliot. I have been flying for about three years and want to learn the aerobatics better, easy on the G2 sim when you know you can't break anything.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:40 PM
docpaul

The recommended control throws will work just fine to get you started and you will find them very responsive, yet not excessive. One you get used to how the 4* handles, then you can play with the rates, expo etc.
Although, I have not had any problem, my buddy who owns one had to reinfoce the mount for the gear after it ripped off following a hard landing on our ashphalt runnway! Good luck, I really enjoy mine. I flew it today and have done so every week-end for the past 6 months!
-Paul[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Paul and Four Star.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	83  
Old 05-06-2003, 11:28 AM
sledman
My Feedback: (2)

Should work fine. I siliconed mine to the firewall, per the instructions, and it has worked flawlessly. I have over 30 flights on it now, with an OS .61 FX. I recently removed the muffler baffle, and bored the end of the exhaust pipe out slightly. I had to richen the needle about 3/4 of a turn to compensate, that's how much better the exhaust is flowing now! And it made a definate difference in performance! This is a SWEET plane, you will love it! Do yourself a favor, and throw away the aluminum main gear that it comes with, and replace it with a fiberglass gear from Dubro or Kletts. The aluminum one can bend upwards on a hard landing, and smack the bottom of the wing.