Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

KMP Cessna Skymaster

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

KMP Cessna Skymaster

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 08:47 PM
AKondor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP Cessna Skymaster

HI Again:

We will have a new color scheme available very soon. I will edit and post a picture when we get it. It will be white with blue and gold trim.

Cheers,
Andrew

PS: We may have a limited quantity available in an all white finish for those who would like to use their own creative flair.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:05 AM
red_z06
My Feedback: (11)

Andrew:

If you don't believe you have a fit issue, try grabbing one of the window panes from the Cessna Arf and place them in the window opening. And see just how much cutting you have to do make them fit.
IMO, this should have been stopped by QA and corrected before shipping. In the window frame, there are 1/8 - 3/32 flange. However, after grinding to fit ( alot easier than resizing vacuum formed windows) most of the flange is gone.

regards,

Benny
Old 11-01-2004, 05:13 PM
bigguyplanes
My Feedback: (1)

Just wondering if retracts are available, otherwise isnt this is a Cessna 336 with fixed gear and wheelpants ?
Old 11-01-2004, 10:04 PM
robert waldo

Kondor, I had such a horrible experience with the first P-38's that came out that I would never give you another 500 bucks. It was the worst fit, alighnment and glass work I have ever seen, I chased you around for almost a year before I gave up. You did not stand behind it. Even though you claim there was nothing wrong with the original, I am delighted to see you have fixed the majority of mistakes in the latest P-38's. Anytime Kondor, R W Metz.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:11 AM
Eyeguy

Not everyone will agree with that negative view of KMP. My experience with KMP has been VERY good. I ordered a Cyclone, it got here damaged (in transito damage to the wing) - > I e-mailed Andrew some digital pics and he got another one out to me right away. That IS standing behind what you sell. The Cyclone is a GREAT 3d performer and the quality is very good. I will gladly buy from him again, in fact I plan on getting one of the new giant scale Edge 540's as a winter project. I also have the Adrenaline (still under construction ) but it sure is nice as well. I cannot comment on the "older" KMP products, but I am very satisfied with these two new ones that I have. As for backup - to balance that last negative post in this thread - I must point out that Andrew has been most helpful whenever I have called him and always returns my calls if he is out. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:48 PM
AKondor

HI Benny:

On all our new Cessna 337's have the side windows come pre-installed and taped...you still have to glue them in.
Regards,
Andrew[8D]
Old 11-08-2004, 01:13 PM
AKondor

Dear Mr. Waldo:

I am truly sorry to hear about the problems you had with your P-38. That same P-38 is coming out in a review in the next issue of Fly RC. I am quite pleased to say that the reviewer had quite opposite comments in regards to the airplane.

In an effort to constantly improve our product we always appreciate the feedback from our customers whether its positive or negative. This is what helps us make better airplanes.

Regards,
Andrew[8D]
Old 11-08-2004, 08:54 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

AKondor,
I recently saw one of your KMP Hurricanes and must say WOW..nice fiberglass and quality...I like it as well...I know you retrun my calls as does Matt...I am on your List for the B-25/OV-10...I only must say that I am slightly concerned about the new gear...SNJ in TWIN ENGINE Forum said the nose gear was slightly undersized/adequate as it bent during taxing using 2 OS 7O 4StrokeFS engines for power and not over weighed...I hope you all can use his online build for constructive input and corrections..he also had trouble w/ the 2nd Generation Retracts o rings and retracts leaking air b/c of them ...Otherwise he is loving his KMP P-38...It looks darn good w/ all the molded in details and split flaps....wow!!!!!!!! Keep it up and please check into those darn ill retracts...THey are trouble in almost every brand of model..Retracts that is...Love them but you must set them up right or you'll be plagued forever w/ failure...

"Weather was great today, and I took the P-38 out for a spin........and thats all it got

after running in the great os FL-70`s , I taxied out into start position......but already at that point, the nose gear had bent as easy backwards.... so no flying today

The 5mm wire, and the smaller wheel, and all the weight on the nose is just too hard on it. Because the main gear are so far back, the nose is VERY heavy. On grass, there is no way it would hold up.

At least I took a video of the motor running
http://bornholm.adsl.dk/modelfly/files/p-38/Motor.wmv "

this is the link w/pics to SNJ's KMP P-38 2nd generation...
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_22...mpage_4/tm.htm
Let us know A Kondor how you think we can help w/ this problem..I really want your Company to succeed!!!!!!; )
Old 11-08-2004, 08:58 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

this is the other quote problem SJN has had w the Retracts on the mains...
"Hmmmm.... Im having trouble with the retracts.

it seems as though the golden cylnder is larger in diameter inside where the pressure nipple is compared to the other end at the retract housing.

This means, that air is leaking when you want them to retract. but if you help them on the way with a slight push, then the seal becomes tighter the further the piston is compressed...

I think fitting a slightly larger O-ring might help.
I have tried using silicone greas, and it helps.....for a while. But not good enough in the long run.
Also tried to screw the cylinder further out, but does not help either.

Too bad.....its only very little that spiols them

Ill see if I can find a larger o-ring at work..... "
and here is the link to this page..
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_22..._2/key_/tm.htm
hope this helps make them better....
Old 11-23-2004, 10:55 PM
forestroke

I saw one of these at the store and almost bought one. Can someone tell me how large the plane is without the wings (both length and width)? I have a small car and I'm wondering if it would actually fit! Thanks!

Beautiful plane, Red!
Old 12-16-2004, 11:49 AM
gun man

HELLO i am an modell builder from ROMANIA and I want to build my own SKIMASTER and i need the plan can someoane help me ??? my email. [email protected]
Old 12-16-2004, 11:50 AM
gun man

HELLO i am an modell builder from ROMANIA and I want to build my own SKIMASTER and i need the plan can someone help me ??? my email. [email protected]
Old 12-16-2004, 12:12 PM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, yes, Fly R/C. Lots of reviews.

They never flew a plane they didn't like!
Old 12-16-2004, 12:58 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get plans for a giant scale model Skymaster here: http://www.aero-sports.com/whplans/

Wendell will size the plans to any scale that you prefer, send him an email.

Don
ORIGINAL: gun man

HELLO i am an modell builder from ROMANIA and I want to build my own SKIMASTER and i need the plan can someoane help me ??? my email. [email protected]
Old 12-20-2004, 08:08 PM
cestarov

I am putting together one of the newer Skymasters in the white, blue, and gold finish. The fiberglass work is beautiful, however, some of the fit problems still remain and the manual looks good but reads bad. The order of construction has not been well thought out (or maybe whoever wrote the manual didn't try assembling the plane). You still have to locate the wing dowel holes and the fuselage former at the wing dowel mount points is pretty fragile ply (I am building up that area). The window fit is unfortunate considering the quality of the fiberglass work, and the outer wing mounting technique is pretty lame. All of the landing gear screws (3mm x 16mm) are too short and only catch about half the threads on the T-nuts when they are fully pulled in. All these negative things considered, it is still a pretty good deal for the money. By the way, I have mounted a Saito .91 FS in the front and Thunder Tiger .91 FS in the back with HS-81 throttle servos. Will keep everyone posted on progress.

Vic
Old 12-21-2004, 07:31 AM
gun man

ORIGINAL: hattend

You can get plans for a giant scale model Skymaster here: http://www.aero-sports.com/whplans/

Wendell will size the plans to any scale that you prefer, send him an email.

Don
ORIGINAL: gun man

Ok but wendel is too expensive for me my budget is veerry small !
Old 12-22-2004, 02:43 AM
gun man

Enyone HEEELP!!!
Old 01-23-2005, 10:05 PM
Retcapt121

HELP IS NEEDED!!!
I have just started building my Cessna Skymaster by KMP. The instruction manual is a problem and needs to be updated. My problem right now is how do you run the servo lead from the elevator back to the receiver? I would like to talk to someone who has built this plane [by phone] who would be willing to help me. You can E-Mail me at [email protected] and maybe we can set something up. This is not my first ARF that I have built. I have built many kits and ARFs but none with instructions like the one in this ARF. Thanks for any help that you can give me.
Charlie
Old 01-23-2005, 10:18 PM
red_z06

RetCapt:

position your hor stab with booms to find out which portion of stab fit inside the fiberglass boom. put 1/2 dia hole within this region for servo wire exit.
Servo wires will then travel through the boom and enter the mid wing section with your rudder/flap wires.

I have not installed the boom hatches ( flown without) as the mounting method is not condusive to frequent removal for field assy.
You want to have your extension connectors terminate within the hatch opening to facilitate aileron and flap servo connection.
Since you won't be disconnecting rudder servos and elevator servos at this location, snake it back to the center of the midwing ( bottomside) and exit there.

It is easier to transport fuse with midwing/booms attached and just remove the outer wings. This requires you to do servo connectons at the hatch locations. You may consider modifying the hatch if you want to have it installed and removed all the time for field assy. To do this you need to install few bulkhead inside the hatch cover so it holds shape ( original is flexible so you can screw them in few spots). Try to put a dowel on the front side and one screw in the back for easy removal.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Retcapt121

red zo6
Thanks for the help, I will give it a try. I knew that I can alwys get answers st this web site.
Charlie
Old 01-24-2005, 10:53 AM
red_z06

Charlie:

But, seriously think about mounting your elevator on a pull-pull and positon it just inside of one of the booms on either top of or bottom of the midwing. This will save you at least 1/4lb less lead in the nose.

I have added 16oz of lead (9.6v aa pack and 5cell sub-c flight battery instead of 5cell aa pack) in the engine compartment to balance it.
Also note that the roll rate on this bird is marginal. Do plan on mixing flaps to aileron to increase the aileron surface area.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:38 PM
bbuss

Andrew, I have just completed the assembly of your Hurricane and it is a great looking airplane and I am looking forward to a possible maiden flight this weekend. I was very happy with the overall quality of the kit. Some comments though, constructive criticism I hope. I threw away the supplied air retract system as it leaked so badly and have substituted Robart gear, struts and wheels. I also threw away the wheel well moldings. The assembly instructions give no suggestions as to coupling the flap sections. The instructions for positioning the engine mounts needs clarification. I substituded Golden rods for the tail controls, adding supports in the rear fuselage, for more positive control and to improve the weight balance. I still needed 71/2 ozs in the nose to balance as per the instructions, even with a YS 120 up front and all the weight as far forward as I could get it. There is right thrust molded into the front of the cowling but no mention in the instructions. This resulted in an uneven gap between the cowl and the spinner backplate. I was able to slew the engine in the mounts to align it better with the cowl (with the benifit of added right thrust). The supplied tail gear was obviously never installed by anyone associated with the design, as the bush in the mount bracket did not line up with the Rudder hinge line but was at a different angle. This would have involved either grinding away part of the mount area or fitting a packing piece to align it. I would like to know the degree of fuel proofing of the finish, I have heard different reports. I shall be clear coating mine with Nelson two part. Hope this input helps.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:15 PM
stephen thompson

IS YOUR CESSNA SKYMASTER MADE BY YT INTERNATIONAL?

HAVE YOU ANY MORE PIC'S OF THE MODEL?

THANKS,
STEVE
Old 04-02-2005, 12:50 PM
stephen thompson

could you please send me more pictures of your cessna skymaster?

is yours made by yt international?

would it be possiable to mount landing lights in the two countersunk holes in the front of the cowl?

many thanks,
steve.

northern ireland
Old 04-14-2005, 09:20 AM
MMallory

Steve,

Yes, it is possible. I've added landing lights in the cowl, wing tip lights, tail light, tip strobe and a tail strobe. Keep an eye on this thread I expect to post pictures of the install as soon as I finish the plane.

Side note: do not run up your engines until the windows are glued in. I lost two windows.. blown out by the front prop and shredded by the rear prop. It was a real *** moment. I had no idea what hit the prop until I was looking for the windows.

Mark M.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.