Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Skyshark Christen Eagles SHIPPING TODAY !

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Skyshark Christen Eagles SHIPPING TODAY !

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 03:34 PM
SKYPILOT
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyshark Christen Eagles SHIPPING TODAY !

Get ready guys that have one reserved

I got a phone call from Skyshark this morning, she said mine was shipping out TODAY

WHEW man i can't wait for the brown truck to pull up. She told me last week that Mike was going through EVERY kit to make sure they were perfect, so i think this will have definitely been worth the wait.

I told him month's ago i was patient and would wait as long as it takes, and i'm sure they're going to be killer cool.

So who else has one secured ?, who else got the call or email ?..........ROLL CALL
Old 10-08-2004, 04:57 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Default RE: Skyshark Christen Eagles SHIPPING TODAY !

Hey:
Could you tell me why this one over GP

Thanks Dave
Old 10-08-2004, 06:57 PM
serge1
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: SKYPILOT

I got a phone call from Skyshark this morning, she said mine was shipping out TODAY

WHEW man i can't wait for the brown truck to pull up. She told me last week that Mike was going through EVERY kit to make sure they were perfect, so i think this will have definitely been worth the wait.

I told him month's ago i was patient and would wait as long as it takes, and i'm sure they're going to be killer cool.

So who else has one secured ?, who else got the call or email ?..........ROLL CALL

I do not want to be lame but who cares? Specially when the GP chrtisten eagle
is out there since last year...The skyshark is great but I will not trade it for my
G.P Eagle that is for sure.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:30 PM
capdriver

I'm with you, Skypilot. I'm on the list too. Got email today.
Serge1 and whodaman I'll tell you why..... because Dave is inspecting each plane to see if all is well. Good enough for me.

Capdriver
Old 10-08-2004, 11:05 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Could you tell me why this one over GP
Easy, it's cheaper. This one's a bit smaller than the GP and would perform great with ar 1.60 2 st, 1.80 4 st glow or 35cc gas. Price a DA or ZDZ 50 against an OS 1.60. Also, smaller plane needs less expensive servos. Not trying to start a flame war, but there are a lot of us that can't afford the GP, but still like the CE. For the price of a good 50cc gasser and a pitts muffler you could buy the kit, a 1.60 and some servos.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Nakajima

I ordered mine yesterday !!!

8 color scheme, scale lines and it's a lot lighter than the GP. If it's as good as their kits, I'm ordering two!
Old 10-12-2004, 09:01 AM
bonedaddy41
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: SKYPILOT

I got the call also. Hope it gets here soon. I am really excited to see this one.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:51 AM
cstevec

My credit card has been billed so I guess mine is on the way. To those who asked, this one is much more true to scalle then the GP one. The markings are correct and it is lighter. I saw both in Toledo this spring and chose this one over the GP for that reason and the fact that it has Oracover instead of Monokote. While Monokote is shinier, Oracover is much easier to work with and doesn't change as much with the weather.

One small dissapointment though. In Toledo I was assured that a Brison 2.4 or similar would be perfect for this plane and now Dave is saying that it will need significant tailweight if a gasser is used. I saw the most recent issue of that video magazine (whatever it's called) and the guy in there used one of the new YW 48 twins in the great planes CA and I was inspired. When mine gets here I would love to be able to do something similar to it but I am not gonna butcher the cowl up in order to use a gasser in it. My goal is to get it as close to a true scale model as possible. I have a friend who has the real thing and it has just come back from a refurbishment. I hope to get pictures of them side by side and the icing on the cake will be if you can't tell which is which!
Old 10-12-2004, 12:34 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I contacted Mike about getting one here to Asia, there is no distributor here but I am lucky ... the manufacturer is neighbouring my country! I am most keen to visit Bangkok to see the manufacturer. They also manufacture some planes for H9! I think this plane is a 'better' buy than the GP, lighter AUW and wing loading. Mike says he has been flying the plane for a year now and it flies great on a Saito 150. I would go with a 160 2C so have power and save on weight.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:44 AM
SKYPILOT

UPDATE!,

Mine arived today
I tore it outa the box like a kid on Xmas morning and all i can say is WOW! I looked over every part, and found not one flaw (a first for all my ARF buying), it is perfect right down to the covering not having a single wrinkle.

Called Mike and Angie, and told her i was VERY pleased Can't wait to start on it, as soon as one of my benches gets free'd up!
Old 10-13-2004, 08:31 AM
cstevec

When this one gets here all of my winter projects will be in house. The Eagle was supposed to be a summer project but........ things happen and I will be satisfied if mine is as good as yours Skypilot. Question is which to start first. The Eagle, Carden Extra, Thunder Tiger Rare Bear, Lanier CAP 232, or the rebuild of my Pitts Challenger. Man am I gonna be busy!
Old 10-13-2004, 09:01 PM
SKYPILOT

WOW,

You ARE gonna be busy!

Same here, i have the new Eagle, a Falcon Trading Cessna on floats, and a Lanier Mariner 40 to build AFTER i finish my 1/5 scale Len Mount UH-1 Huey (Jackadofsky turbine powered), a 50 size 222, a 60 size Airwolf, a 90 size A-Star, and mabee a 60 size Agusta whew
Old 10-14-2004, 02:00 PM
bonedaddy41

Dang. I thought I was behind because I wanted to finish my TF Bonanza before starting on the Eagle. But then again, y'all are talking about "winter" projects. We don't really have a winter here so mine are just in the project queue

My Eagle arrived last night at 8:00PM. I didn't realize UPS delivered that late. I immediately opened the box and inspected everything. I must say, this is the nicest ARF I have ever touched. You can tell with most ARFs that they were built as an ARF. This one has detailed craftsmanship that really surprised me. The grey sealing of the fuse interior is definately something I have never seen in an ARF. The graphics are flawless, the covering is wrinkle-free, the glass work is top notch. I know that these are done overseas by one of the ARF building shops that do work for multiple companies - but they did this one right. Whether it was Mike's design ... or he is paying them extra .. .I don't know.

Mike, Skyshark has now taken over my "Top of the Line ARF" position. Way to go!!!! And thanks
Old 10-14-2004, 08:18 PM
FlyinBlind

Yep, mine arrived yesterday afternoon. I had told several of my flying buddies that it would be delivered and they couldn't wait to take a look at it.
They just couldn't say enough good about the ARF. Wrinkle free covering, glass work, accessories, graphics, WOW WOW WOW!!!
The only problem I have is that my canopy was broken in the front beyond repair. It looked like the box got dropped on that end, and the fuselage may have smacked the canopy. The shipping box was clean and had no visible damage and the inner box was the same. The canopy is very flexible but it looked like it got squeezed beyond it's flexibility.
I have emailed Mike and tried to call but they were probably resting from such a large shipment of planes.
I'll be putting a Saito 180 GK on mine.
Funny remark from one of my friends when he held up the fuselage, "Looks kinds like a big salmon without the head and tail."
Congratulations to Mike and Angie on a very well thought out design and a great looking plane.

FlyinBlind
Old 10-14-2004, 08:20 PM
FlyinBlind

Yep, mine arrived yesterday afternoon. I had told several of my flying buddies that it would be delivered and they couldn't wait to take a look at it.

They just couldn't say enough good about the ARF. Wrinkle free covering, glass work, accessories, graphics, WOW WOW WOW!!!

The only problem I have is that my canopy was broken in the front beyond repair. It looked like the box got dropped on that end, and the fuselage may have smacked the canopy. The shipping box was clean and had no visible damage and the inner box was the same. The canopy is very flexible but it looked like it got squeezed beyond it's flexibility.

I have emailed Mike and tried to call but they were probably resting from such a large shipment of planes.

I'll be putting a Saito 180 GK on mine.

Funny remark from one of my friends when he held up the fuselage, "Looks kinds like a big salmon without the head and tail."

Congratulations to Mike and Angie on a very well thought out design and a great looking plane.

FlyinBlind
Old 10-15-2004, 07:46 AM
cstevec

UPS called me this morning. Mine is on the truck for delivery. They were trying to get get directions. One of the drawbacks to living out in the boonies I guess. The advantage is lots of open spaces for flying! Anyhow, I guess I can spend my weekend trying to figure out what engine this little beauty deserves.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:40 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Mine arrived yesterday.....

I cant wait to get this bird in the air

Quick test fit last night... and the OS 1.60 and turbo-jett fit perfectly inside of the cowl.

Now I just need some uninterupted shop time !
Old 10-15-2004, 02:36 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Does this thing really come with an aluminum spinner? I have one coming for an RCUniverse Magazine review and you guys have got me drooling. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread!
Old 10-15-2004, 05:19 PM
bonedaddy41

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

Does this thing really come with an aluminum spinner? I have one coming for an RCUniverse Magazine review and you guys have got me drooling. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread!
Yep. And a very nice looking one too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55266.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	183134  
Old 10-15-2004, 06:38 PM
capdriver

Admit it guys. we stole these planes. Best looking ARF I ever saw.
Although my canopy didn't make the trip well either, I'm very happy.

Regards, George
Old 10-15-2004, 07:01 PM
FlyinBlind

This is a very nice looking well put together ARF.

It just shows you how good the ARF's are getting. You couldn't buy a kit, build it, cover it, and accessorize it for the cost of this one.

It has become the talk of the club here.

Hmmmm....maybe I'll start charging admission.

FlyinBlind
Old 10-15-2004, 07:08 PM
SKYPILOT

My canapy was distroyed also! , i had left it out of my last post, because i thought is was an isolated thing with UPS, but with four in a row, they'll need to pack the box a little different it sounds like

When i talked to Angie on the phone Tue. to tell her the Eagle has landed at my door, and the canapy was the only casulty, she said they were going out of town until next Tue. and she would send my replacement then if that was alright with me, i told her that was perfect for me as i would not be getting to it before then anyways.

George, it's funny you say that, cause the words in your post are EXACTLY whats been wringin in my ear since Tue. afternoon when i opened my box up and got this silly ear to ear grin that still won't go away
Old 10-15-2004, 08:26 PM
bonedaddy41

Hmmmm, make that 5. I didn't mention it either. I am sure that Mike will take care of it though. I wonder if it is a material issue. The bag that the canopy was in was still suspended from the insides of the box. The only thing I see that could have gotton on top of it was the cowl ... and my canopy is broken in three places. Aw well, like I said, Mike will take care of us and it will probably be another month at least before I can start on mine.

By the way ... these are a steal at their current production price [8D] If it flies half as nice as MIke says, I may never be happy with any of my other planes
Old 10-15-2004, 08:52 PM
serge1

Nothing beat the look of a christen eagle!

Serge
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40623.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	183167   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74600.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	183168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82658.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	183169  
Old 10-15-2004, 09:32 PM
WYO

I received my kit on Wednesday. It's a beautiful bird and I am very impressed. The quality is second to none that I have seen, but my canopy was also cracked in the right front corner. I am sure Skyshark will take care of it. I can't wait to see this eagle fly! Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.