Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

pizazz!? (sp?)

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

pizazz!? (sp?)

Old 10-23-2004, 11:39 AM
t1nk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pizazz!? (sp?)

A friend of mine has recently built a "pizzaz" (not sure on the spelling), and he wanted to sell it to me engine and all, for 150 bucks. I have been looking for a review of theplane online, but i can't seem to find it (Maybe because i can't spell it). I was wondering if anyone has had expierence w/ the plane, and what they would suggest, or if they could direct me to a link with a review (cause i cant seem to find one on the net). Untill then, i'll keep looking. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:59 PM
TimC

Default RE: pizazz!? (sp?)

t1nk, there has been much discussion here at RCU about the Pizzaz. I have one and love it. They were discontinued some time back by Hanger 9. The ARF kit retailed for around $150, so if it has decent radio gear, and a good engine, it sounds like a good deal to me. Even without radio gear, it's a good deal. The hinges that Hanger 9 provided have become brittle in mine, and have started breaking. (3 years old) Do a search here for Pizzaz, and you should have plenty to read.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:41 PM
t1nk

AH! I see what u mean! I tried the spellings and i have found some posts on yahoo. I have all the radio equipment already, and he was selling it w/ the engine (not sure size or brand.) I think its a good deal also, so i believe it'll be worth the inverstemnt. THanks for the help!
Old 10-23-2004, 01:47 PM
t1nk

Another quick question. You think my os 46 will do the trick on the pizzaz, incase i wanna switch engines? Just a thought. Thanks again.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:15 PM
TimC

A .46 O.S. will be fine for that Pizzaz. What engine did your friend put in it? I see planes for sale in hobby shops all the time with engines installed. I always figure someone is trying to get rid of an engine they couldn't sell by making it part of a package deal. Same with the radio gear in these "ready-to-fly" hobby shop planes. It always seems to be fairly obsolete or well used.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:37 PM
t1nk

Actually the engine has never been used. (no corrosion, no exhaust residue on muffler). I think its a pretty good deal to tell you the truth. But i see your point,and i'll make sure to see that everything is working properly, and they are trying to swindle me. (I say the fella is a friend of mine, but i have only talked to him in the hobby shop. so we'll see.) Will the 46 be enough for hovers and such, or should i go for the 61? He has a 46 already on it, so that means i'll have 2. I have read some posts and it seems that the 61 is the choice to get the most from the pizzaz (as far as basic maneuvers, aerobatics, hovers, etc.)
Old 10-23-2004, 09:08 PM
TimC

t1nk, I'm just learning 3-D and my hovering sucks. I flew my Pizzaz for a while with an O.S. .46, but that was a couple years ago. It will pull vertical pretty good if I remember right. Maybe someone else reading this can help you out. My Pizzaz seems lighter than my Twist, and lots of folks are running .46's in their Twists.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:49 PM
t1nk

AH, well if no one has any more info on it, i guess the only way to find out is 2 take it out myself. I'm sure the 46 Will be enough to send it around, but I'm not sure about 3-D. I'll take a look at it again, and if its worth the money for what I'm getting, ill probably end up buying it engine and all. Ill post with the results about it later. I appreciate the help and info

P.S. I forgot 2 post that the engine he has in it now is a 46 w/ stock pipe. If the engine is quite what i need, at least ill have another 2 throw on another plane THanks again.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:27 PM
bentgear

Try doing a search on pizazz, that should get you a lot of info.......
I liked mine.

Ed M.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:56 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I have and still fly one. It's a good fun-fly type plane but won't 3-D. The price sounds good if the engine is good. The plane that replaced the pizzaz is only $99. from Horizon. I think I paid $160. for mine 3 years ago.

I ran a .50 enya at first. It was OK power but not great. It now has a Saito .72. This is a perfect engine for a Pizzaz.

david
Old 10-25-2004, 08:23 AM
t1nk

Well bad news, the engine is a MDS 58 and it has been run, they just tried to coat it w/ some kinda primer to make it look new again. Bummer. Well, i have looked at the twist and at 99 bucks it isn't a bad deal. I saw they put a SAITO 82 in her in the review, which is plenty of power I'm sure. unfortuantly i only have my 46. You all think i might need 2 upgrade to a Saito 72?? I doubt the 46 will do for 3-D. I'll call my shop and see if they have any in.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:27 PM
daveopam

The Saito .72 with a APC 13x4W is the way to go. Your .46 will fly it Ok. It should even hover it with the right prop.(APC12.25x3.75 or12x4) However the difference in instant thrust and verticle will be night and day. If you go with the Saito be sure to get it as close to the firewall as possible. On my Pizzaz I had to notch the tank hatch to clear the intake tube.
My first 4C was the Saito .72 on the Pizzaz. I have since bought another .72 and a .82. For 3-d flying they are hard to beat. I had no trouble with break in or tuning. I have also never had a deadstick on any of the three.

David
Old 10-25-2004, 11:11 PM
t1nk

Ah, sweet. Then the .72 is it. The pizzaz needs some work, (plus the fixed wing is a hassle fo rmy vehicle), so i fugure the best is to check out the twist. I figured the 46 would be ok 2 put around w/, but might as well upgrade when i have the chance. Christmas is comming up, isnt it?
Old 10-26-2004, 10:12 AM
daveopam

You won't be sorry. And your right about the wing on the Pizzaz. It's a pain in the a** to haul around. Maybe Santa Clause will be good to you.

david
Old 11-02-2004, 07:04 PM
THE KID

go with the pizzaz.its light enough that a .46 will hover it just fine with power to pull out.ive had mine for 6 months and i love it!!it is my primary flying plane.it is my favorite plane,but he is right a 72 saito is the perfect engine but i have a .91 saito w/a 3 bladed prop and i love the combo.not too much over powered it will take full throttle dives without flutter or anything..get the pizzaz ive flown a twist and dont much care for it like the pizzaz....and thats my 2 cents.i hope it helps.
-nate-
Old 11-02-2004, 07:06 PM
THE KID

oh yea i forgot,,i have a 94 nissan sentra and i have no problem tranporting this plane.i love the fixed wing.no assembly time at the flying feild,just gas up and go.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:08 PM
daveopam

I haul mine in a pick-up with a cover. It fits but I like to take 2-4 planes with me to the field. At least on Sundays. If it's a few hours here or there thing the Pizzaz is great to throw and go.

I tried something new with mine the other day. I always point a plane up at WOT to make sure it's not to lean before take off. It's an old habit I have. The Pizzaz always feels like it would just pull out of my hands. So the other day thats what I did. I taxied out to the runway, picked it up and went full throttle. Once I had the nose pointed up I just let go. i was afraid it would waffle around but it didn't. It just went straight up. Looked pretty neat.

David
Old 11-02-2004, 10:54 PM
FlyerBry
My Feedback: (8)

My suggestion would be to go for the Twist. At $99.00 it simply doesn't get much cheaper. These (The Twist or Pizazz) aren't the best 3D planes but they are a ball to fly. I wish the Twist had a better tail design so it would knife edge better but everything else it does is pure fun. I have a TT .46 Pro on mine and it does have enough power to pull out of a hover. I do, however, have a Saito .82 on my bench that I am considering putting on if I could ever find the time since it would be nice to have a little more. Two strokes just don't have the quick response of a four-stroke in my opinion. If you can have a Twist with a brand new two stroke for only around $35 to $40.00 more than the cost of a used Pizazz and a questionable engine I'd say the Twist and a new engine is the better bet. If you want a four stroke then the Pizazz gets pushed out of the picture.

I haven't flown a Pizazz and I'm not saying it is a bad plane. It is simply hard to beat a new Twist at $99.00. I wish there were more good flying planes in the same price range to compete with it so I would have more replacement options when I wear out my Twist. With how much my Twist has gotten flown I know it will happen eventually!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:08 AM
snapper2580

where the heck are you guys mounting the battery on your pizazz?? i am having a hard time finding a place for it
Old 04-09-2009, 06:32 AM
TimC

snapper2580, I bought my Pizazz used from a hobby shop. The battery is in a compartment right behind the firewall. Access is by a top hatch cover held on by two screws. I always thought this is the way it was designed. I can post a photo if you would like.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 AM
snapper2580

my fuel tank takes up most of that area? so maybe it would be helpful to see some pics of how yours is set up.. thanks for you time???
Old 04-09-2009, 10:20 AM
daveopam

I have had the battery in a few places. First I stood it on it's edge just behinf the tank. Where it is now and ai like the best, is behind the servos in the wing. I pulled the inboard servo, wrapped the batt in foam and shoved back in there. When the servos went back in the hold it on place. I like my CG way back anyway. Plus I have taken the 72 off for another project. I now hav a ST 90 on the Pizzaz. It does not fly as good, but it will do verticle lines and flat spins like you have never seen. i out two servos in the tail to help with the CG. Doing this also alowed me to use a ailevator mix in the tail. This has also been fun to play with.

David
Old 04-09-2009, 10:28 AM
daveopam

I knew I had some pics some place. I took these to show the ailevator mix to someone.

David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63724.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1176537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60735.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	1176538  
Old 04-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one a few years ago.......Was a blast to fly. I had a Irvine 53 on mine (remember those). Hovered like crazy!
Old 04-09-2009, 05:21 PM
TimC

snapper2580, here are two photos of my battery set-up. The battery was on top of the fuel tank in the compartment behind the one shown. I pulled it forward for the photo. I use foam to lock the battery into position.
Edited to add: If you don't have a manual snapper, I can send you one as a PDF.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82608.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1176745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64376.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1176746  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.