Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Cermark Javelin II - Building & Flying

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Cermark Javelin II - Building & Flying

Old 05-25-2005, 11:35 AM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Cermark Javelin II - Building & Flying

Hi Tommy,
Thanks for the information. Good points that you make. I know about starting planes (your J-3 started in 1983) - I had a similar situation.

I have an Irvine .46 in the plane right now with an 11x6 prop. It hasn't seen any air under the wheels yet - I just have a few minor tweaks and some balancing to do, and it'll be ready to go. I want to put some Ultracote 'slashes' on the bottom of the wing for visibility.

If we ever see Spring up here in the Northeast, I hope to perhaps put it into the air on Monday. I haven't weighed it yet, but I built it pretty much stock - the only change was to put Sullivan clevises and control horns on it.

I'll bear what you say about the landing pattern. I have heard that from other sources too.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:50 AM
chuck64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I'd post here instead of starting a new thread. I dorked my Javelin on a crosswind landing []and I have to repair the firewall and remount the engine. In the process of doing this I stripped the threads on one of the bolts that attaches the engine mount to the firewall and messed up the threads on the blind nut as well. I'd like to retap the blind nut to clean it up and buy some new bolts. However, I don't know what size bolts these are. They seem like an 8-32 but not quite. Maybe they are metric? Can anyone help identify the size of these bolts? Again, they are the bolts that attach the engine mount to the firewall. Thanks
Old 11-14-2005, 06:30 PM
N1EDM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm pretty sure that they're metric. If you can't find the metric stuff at the LHS, you could always poke them through and replace them with ANSI stock, i.e., 6-32 or 8-32.

Not sure if they are 3mm or 4mm diameter..

Bob
Old 11-15-2005, 07:37 AM
chuck64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bob. I took a bolt to the hardware store and an 8-32 nut fit almost perfect, so I retapped the blind nut and will use an 8-32 bolt.