Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 Harrier 90

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hanger 9 Harrier 90

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 10:25 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hanger 9 Harrier 90

Anyone flying this model?

Which engine are you using? How is it flying? TIA
Old 04-20-2006, 01:20 PM
aussiesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hanger 9 Harrier 90

Are you refering to a Hangar 9 model or the Seagull Harrier 90?

I'm not familiar with the Hangar 9 unit but if it's the Seagull one you're refering to, I have one fitted with a Saito 1.20 and it's a great machine - it goes exactly where I point it (which isn't always where I want it to go) and is a great training platform for Extreme 3D. I've got the CofG set in the middle of the recommended measurement (I can't remember what the measurement is though) and it flies every way from gentle on low rates (as recommended in the manual when I built it) to wild on high rates (which are as much movement as I can get)
Old 04-21-2006, 12:29 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cool, I have one NIB waiting for its time to shine
Old 04-21-2006, 05:23 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

Are you refering to a Hangar 9 model or the Seagull Harrier 90?

I'm not familiar with the Hangar 9 unit but if it's the Seagull one you're refering to, I have one fitted with a Saito 1.20 and it's a great machine - it goes exactly where I point it (which isn't always where I want it to go) and is a great training platform for Extreme 3D. I've got the CofG set in the middle of the recommended measurement (I can't remember what the measurement is though) and it flies every way from gentle on low rates (as recommended in the manual when I built it) to wild on high rates (which are as much movement as I can get)

----------------

Leave it to me to butcher the name. <G>

Yep, I think that's the one. It is finished in transparent blue covering. Beautiful. I was thinking of trying it with the BME G90 gasser.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I built one up last year. I used the YS110 in it. It weighed 8lbs 8ozs ready to fly less fuel. It is a pretty tough airplane. Very solid in the manufacure of it. I liked it a lot. Did the nicest waterfalls, of any plane I've flown. Basically just spin around the wing tube and stay at elevation without dropping at all. Pretty cool maneuver. Very easy plane to fly. I could do a decent flat spin with it but not as good as a UCD or Mayhem. Knife edge was poor on this plane. Seems like it should have been better with the flat fuse but I thought it stunk. The "harrier" maneuver is hard with lots of wing rock but with enought spoileron I was able to do decent harriers.

My biggest beef with the plane was knife edge flight and it is VERY hard to see. I put stripes on the bottom of mine and it helped. But it was still hard. Transparent blue covering. What are they thinking. Or are they not thinking.

Anyways, I liked the plane but I gave it away to a friend because I liked the UCD better and they were so similar that I didn't think I needed both.

Good luck.

Thanks
Barry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74187.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	448904