Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

World Model F4U Corsair

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

World Model F4U Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 09:44 PM
tfarmer96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Model F4U Corsair

I just broke out my World Model F4U Corsair ARF. I cant believe how much of this is done. I won a 0S 70 4 stroke and ran across this bird at the LHS and though why not. I dont know how she will fly but we will see.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:06 AM
forestroke

Default RE: World Model F4U Corsair

she flies well but not for the beginner. i've seen a lot of people tip stall on landing and cartwheeling it across the runway. great for a "crash and burn" video but heartache for others. the retracts and small wheels don't make it good for grass but asphalt is no problem.

of all the times i've seen this plane, none have left the field without needing repair. however, i do believe this is a product of over confidence rather than poor flying characteristics. because the corsair is a plane that elicits such passion, many people buy it as a second plane. wrong move. then they put a stonking 90 fourstroke in it. wrong again.

the seventy is great for the corsair. however, as the plane builds tail heavy (i've heard), you may need to mount your battery in front of the firewall to balance. most of my friends corsairs balance perfectly with a 90 fourstroke in the nose.

enjoy!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:55 AM
tfarmer96

Default RE: World Model F4U Corsair

Your right you have to fly those warbirds in you cant chop and glide them in.