Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Ultra RC 87" Yak Build and Fly

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Ultra RC 87" Yak Build and Fly

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:41 PM
lear31A
My Feedback: (123)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultra RC 87" Yak Build and Fly

ORIGINAL: ULTRA-RC

Ultra RC would like to take the time to thank everyone for your support.

We are writing today to let everyone know our Inventory Reduction Sale is winding down. We have very limited supplies remaining, specifically, less than five 50cc Yak ARF's are available for immediate shipment.

Please contact us at 609-714-0040 or email [email protected] if you have any specific questions. We will continue to support these products and productions in the future.

Last, please continue to check our website. We have many new products in design and production which will be available very soon.

Thank you again for your interest and support!

Best Regards,

Ultra-RC
I tried calling today a few times. Do you still have any Yaks in stock and how much is shipping to Mississippi? Thanks,Ken
Old 06-28-2007, 08:41 AM
ULTRA-RC

lear31A,

Thanks for your interest. We have only a couple remaining. I have PM'd you. You can contact us at 609-714-0040 or email [email protected]

Best Regards,

Ultra-RC
Old 07-06-2007, 08:26 AM
bigbuster
My Feedback: (12)

I noticed in this forum that the old 87" extreme flight Yak is often reffered to and am wondering how this ultra rc 87" stacks up to the 88" EF Yak.
Anyone tried both? The 88" is rumored to be huge and "the cats meow" is the ultra rc 87" the same?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 07-06-2007, 03:44 PM
AirWizard
My Feedback: (3)

I have both and it is like comparing a SUV to a sedan when it comes to size. The 88" handles better and is not affected by the wind as much as the 87". My 87" is sitting in the garage most of the time. If I had to describe the 88" with one word it would be WOW!

The customer service from Extreme Flight is the best.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:27 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

you know i wanted to get the 88" EF but you can't get one. thats the way it was with the EF 87" seems like they get a few in and they are all spoken for and the list is as long as a country mile waiting to get one.they are never in stock.
ENJOY!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:19 AM
bigbuster

I wanted to get the extreme but the shipping would be $180.00 from a hobby shop in Georgia and then I would have to repack it and send it to Germany USPS I would have $300.00 in shipping. for that price I coould have paid the $1000.00 from a German Dealer.
After all the reading the Urc 87" sounds like a great bird. I will see and if not satisfied I will have to spend the $1000.00 on the EF.

Thanks for your replies.

Jeff
Old 07-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Steverin06
My Feedback: (25)

I'm curious if anyone else has had as many problems with their yak as I have. I really like what I hear about this plane, but I'm beginning to wonder if it is really worth all of this crap. First thing I noticed is that ALL of the control horn slots were not cut out all the way and one of them only had about an 1/8th of an inch of wood cut out from it. So while I delicately tried to gouge out the wood with my xacto, I noticed that the slots go all the way through to the top of the control surface - I punctured the covering while trying to cut out the wood that shouldn't have been there in the first place. On the one slot that barely had any wood out of it, I actually had to cut out the covering from the top side so I could even cut out the slot, there was no way I could have taken out that much wood from only one side. These control surfaces sure do look nice with holes in them...that’s ok though, I figured I'd just deal with it.

Now I know from reading about the hinges that mine were probably going to be off, and sure enough they were. The only slots that were deep enough were the ones that were used to ship the surfaces together, and only 2 other slots lined up, the others either didn't line up or didn't even exist! Once again, I just dealt with it and spent the extra time slotting them myself.

The anti-rotation pin holes in the stabs didn't line up, thus making a simple 2 minute job turn into a delicate stab drilling job that ended up with the pins sticking out skewed, forcing me to drill out the holes in the fuse the same matter, and the right stab won't even try to sit against the fuse if the tube is in it. I have to sit it up against the fuse, and then push the tube through, of which I had to thoroughly sand out the tube inside the right stab to even get the stab tube to go into it. Surprisingly, the right stab sits flush with the fuse, but the left doesn't.

And now for the worst part. The fuse is severely twisted, if I knew how to upload pics I'd show it. The stab tube is way off from the wing tube. All three stabs are inline with each other, I did all of the measurements, they are all twisted to the right. Most of these problems are just annoyances, but all of these together are making me EXTREMELY frustrated, and for the sake of a long, boring post I have only listed about half of the problems I've had to deal with.

Now I'm not the type of person to just rag on a product or company without seeing if they will make it right, but I think I have given them plenty of opportunities. I have called over a dozen times with no answer, left messages and e-mails, and not once received a reply. So, hopefully someone at Ultra-RC will read this and try to make it right. In the meantime I will try to twist the fuse back, but I have just about given up trying to finish a badly built plane, and I think I deserve better. I sure hope I hear back from them, I don’t want the situation to get any worse.

-Steve Hendricks
Old 07-30-2007, 06:11 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

Steve,i had a few of the same problems you have.one stab being out of square with fuse just added a piece of 1/32 and sanded flush.fuse was twisted a very little not worth the time to wet fuse and twist back,and it still flies with just two clicks of up and nothing else needed.the first fuse they replace it was out about 3/16-1/4,when place on a flat surface.
stick with it and just try to fix the problems you have with it.they are closing these out and proubly don't have the stock to replace the bad ones. it's a great flying plane,i have a 85" QQ yak also and the RC yak flies better.
ENJOY!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:59 PM
vfalcon7

Hello, anyone have a cowl for sale? Give me a shout.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:20 PM
bigbuster

Does anyone know where I can get a canopy for this plane? I have a new Arf and the canopy and cowl were damaged in shipping. The post office paid replacement cost but took the cowl and canopy. I got the cowl from a place in Austria but the canopy might not be available until early next year. Don't want to wait anymore so if you have one or know where I can obtain one I would appreciate you help.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 11-06-2007, 10:53 AM
bigbuster

Guys I have a servo question... I have this plane and a ton of brand new hitec 5645mg servos, do you think they are good enough
for this application. I got a good deal on the servos and purchased 20 of them.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 11-26-2007, 01:38 PM
rkingmanila
My Feedback: (1)

weighed my just completed yak54. the weight on mine seems really low. i did use a bathroom scale and got 14lbs. im using 5645's on the elevators, 5955 on the rudder and sanwa erg-vb's on the ailerons. fromeco regulator and 2-cell relions for the rx and sub-c 1800 nicd's on the ignition, da50 on stock muffler and truturn 2.5" spinner. just to check if the bathroom scale was off, i took my porky wildhare extra which was previously weighed on a postal scale at 18lbs, got 18 on the bathroom scale as well.

i'll probably be adding a smoke system to add more weight to the plane as its pretty windy at the places where i fly at.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:42 PM
rkingmanila
My Feedback: (1)

jeff, i use 5645's for the elevators on my wildhare extra300. they seem to work well on the elevators, i would not put it to use though on the ailerons as they are too slow for snaps. im using the same servos on the elevators on the yak. havent flown her yet but i will find out by the end of the week.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Blender4U
My Feedback: (33)

If anyone is interested, I have one of these brand new in the box I would like to sell.

Blender4U