Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:43 AM
AK Models

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

Hi to all,
This is Alex – Owner of AK-Models.com
I wanted to start this thread to get HONEST feedback from you - my customers on how well, bad or horrible you were treated by us.
As in any business, customer service either makes or breaks the business. We want to make sure we are aware of any problems that you might have experienced.
In this thread please do not go in to details of problems with the ARF (like wrong CG or bad manuals etc). We want to know quick explanation of the problem and how well, bad or terrible it was handled by us.
I do realize there will be guys that did not like us much at all, but then there will be (hopefully) some that felt there were treated fair and honest. For both sides, please leave a note with your experience so that we can see it and improve upon it.
I ask all NOT to go in to bashing each other opinion, this thread for our education only.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Old 12-07-2006, 11:49 AM
russm

Default RE: AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

what manual? russm
Old 12-07-2006, 12:00 PM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alex- So far I have been very impressed in the e-mail correspondence with you, espcially the fast responses. Hopefully Santa will have an order into you for a Zero .50. I know from experience that a majority of satisified consumers will never post on the forums, but I am sure that for every one unsatified person, there will be 10 satisifed customers.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have ordered one ARF from you. The CMP Cessna 140. You shipped it out promptly, and it arrived in a timely manner.

You sent me an e-mail only after Fed Ex had picked up the item for shipment. That is where I think you could improve your customer relations. I would have liked to receive a notice from you that you had in fact received my order and my payment and that you would be shipping the model. I was left in the dark about the order, IIRC, for more than 24 hours when I am used to receiving notice much sooner than that.

I consider my one purchase with you (so far) as quite satisfactory.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:08 PM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Alex
I placed my first order with you a couple of weeks ago. Before I ordered I thought the price was too good to be true so I called and talked to YOU. You were able to answer all my questions on the model I was interested in. Then to make the deal even better you told me there was free shipping and what pull down menue on the web site to use to get the free shipping. After I ordered I get an e-mail with all the tracking info. I think this is great, so I can follow when the order will get to my house.

I am almost done with the model I got from you. I think that it is such a great deal that last Sunday night I ordered an extra to have on hand.

I know that I have been only dealing with you for only a couple of weeks but, I will be ordering from you again.

Thanks for the great service,

Pete
Old 12-07-2006, 12:29 PM
majortom-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

Hi Alex--I'm a satisfied customer, just finishing a Tango, which I tore the covering from, rebuilt the tail both vertical & horizontal with balsa sticks to get smaller elevators for pattern practice, and glued the wing in permanently to the fuselage. I normally do this kind of thing to ARFs, so my rebuild is not an expression of dissatisfaction with your ARFs, but rather an expression of my need to rebuild and tailor to my preferences. I did your 46 size Sukhoi kit a couple years ago, and was satisfied with that experience.

It's good to see a distributor actively seeking feedback from customers. I hope you get a lot of constructive input, build yourself a following, and continue to offer good modeling projects.

I will say the oriental taste for curvy whirly splashes of color does not appeal to me. It may look interesting to some folks when viewed up close, but once the model is in the air it all becomes a blur of grey. I like mostly straight lines and solid blocks of two or three contrasting colors for utmost visibility and clarity of attitude in the air. I also like a dark silhouette in the sky, which runs counter to the practice of white chinacoat as the base, on top of which gets pasted all the little confetti bits of color that start peeling off after a few flights.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:33 PM
lear31A
My Feedback: (123)

I have purchased several aircraft over the last few years from AK-Models. I am a very pleased customer. Thanks for taking the time to listen to us. Your company is very rare, i.e. actually answering the telephone! Take Care
Old 12-07-2006, 02:34 PM
frieshoo
My Feedback: (20)

I haven't ordered from AK-Models (I'm always late to the party when the Giles gets in stock!), but I have emailed you guys a bunch. Top notch responses everytime. I'll do some business with you in the future.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:28 PM
RC Dave

HI Alex,

I am still waiting for you to credit me for the defective SPE 40 that you instructed me to return for a refund. You signed for the engine on Nov 21st over 2 weeks ago and you still have NOT credited my account. I am not going to share the discusting manner that AKM/Alex Kolyvanov has handeled this at this point but, I assure you that if you don't correct this immediately I am going to post every e-mail.

Please credit me for the defective engine as you have promised.

Sincerely Dave Stapleton
Old 12-07-2006, 09:12 PM
oceansfiftyseven

I have ordered 2 planes from you and have enjoyed both experiences. I tried to order a 3rd plane from you last weekend and noticed you upgraded your website which I like but at check out I noticed the webpage where you type credit card information was not secure so I cancelled it. If it is secure(I assume it probably is) Can you change it so it says Https with a locking sign in the browser? Thanks, Rich
Old 12-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've ordered 2 ARF on 2 seperate instances. Both arrived safely and no problems. Tracking info sent via email. Also ordered a couple pilots. I gotta say, very nice quality for the price of those pilots.

I'm happy.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:03 AM
TERRAVITA

FRED KING
KINGMAN, AZ

My "UGLY" post was so long it timed out, will send my comments in segments.

If you go to BCMAENGINES.COM you will find Adam has discontinued selling the SPE 40 due to problems with engine!!!

Surprised he didn't mention that in the email he sent you where he stated he would refund Dave Stapleton's money for the defective SPE 40 you sold him. How can you send a cusatomer an email that you will refund his money and then stiff him?
Old 12-08-2006, 12:07 PM
RC Dave

UGLY

Good Morning AKM Alex,
Old 12-08-2006, 01:28 PM
TERRAVITA

FRED KING
KINGMAN, AZ
Segment 1

I have to send my comments in segments as I time out per post 12.

AIRPLANES: I purchased the large CMA P-51, Sukhoi, Katana and the Tango by another manufacturer.

The CMA's were excellent.

Tango comments follow in segment 2.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:34 PM
TERRAVITA

FRED KING
KINGMAN, AZ
Segment 2

The Tango 50 was a disaster. Wings moved up and down 3" each way in wing saddle. Attached flying wires from wingtip to top of profile body.

!st flight horizontal stabilizer broke off on one side. Added 3/4" 90 degree balsa bracing. 2nd flight the other side broke off, luked out both times as plane fluttered down under partial control.

Installed 3/8" solid balsa horizontal stabilizer and wires.

Installed a 90 engine as plane too heavy for a 50. Expected unlimited verical. Plane peters out in vertical. Plane now flys but is not stable and not capable of 3D.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:38 PM
RC Dave

UGLY UGLY UGLY

HI AKM ALEX, I AM GLAD THAT YOU HAVE SOME SATISFIED CUSTOMERS! IWISH I WAS ONE OF THEM!

YOU HAVE THE DEFECTIVE SPE-40 THAT YOU INSTRUCTED ME TO RETTURN, YOU KNOW IT IS DEFECTIVE, I KNOW IT IS DEFECTIVE, THE 3RD PARTY YOU WANTED TO CHECK IT HAS TOLD YOU IT IS DEFECTIVE. WHAT IS YOUR EXCUSE FOR NOT REFUNDING MY MONEY TODAY??

WILL YOU PLEASE TELL ME AND THIS FORUM WHY YOU HAVE NOT WARRANTED THE DEFECTIVE ENGINE AS PROMISED AND WHEN YOU PLAN TO CREDIT MY ACCOUNT??????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

SINCEREELY DAVE STAPLETON
Old 12-08-2006, 01:42 PM
TERRAVITA

FRED KING
KINGMAN, AZ
Segment 3

ENGINES: My friend Dave Stapleton purchased an SPE40 from you after I told him about your website. My friend and I saw it run on the test bench for the 1st time. We were so excited we ordered 2 engines. CAVEAT EMPTOR - BUYER BEWARE UGLY!

Before we received our engines Dave's ignition module crapped out. Dave emailed you and advised module crapped out. When you found out he was using a 6 volt battery you advised this voided the warranty. The warranty included with the engine adn on YOUR WEBSITE states 4.8 to 6 volts!

You also advised that you operated on such a small margin you couldn't do anything for him!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:50 PM
TERRAVITA

FRED KING
KINGMAN, AZ
Segment 4

We received our engines, set them up on Dave's test bech and ran a few tanks of fuel through each of them WITH A 4.8 VOLT BATTERY!!!!
The ignition modules on both of them crapped out with just a couple of tanks of fuel.

With the B.S. you were handing out to Dave I went on RC Universe, entered SPE 40 in search and found Adam's BCMAENGINES forum.

Called Adam. He immediately shipped us 3 updated SPE ignition modules, no charge, no shipping charge!

These modules functioned but we had minor glitches with PPM receivers. Worked OK.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:59 PM
TERRAVITA

FRED KING
KINGMAN, AZ
Segment 5

We test flew engines in my 4 Star 120. No problems with PCM receivers.

Dave installed his SPE 40 in the XL330 he purchased from you for this engine.

1st flight, fantastic. Started engine for 2nd flight, engine quit. The spark plug wire connecting to the spark plug cap broke off!
Dave and friends reconnected the wire to the twisted wire plug connector.

While they were working on Dave's wiring I attempted to start my engine for the 3 rd flight. The wire broke off in mine.

Both connections broke while we were on the ground!!!!!!!

Dave took off the 330 and immediately received multiple glitches and fought the plane back to a successful landing. Thank God we are in the desert and have about 5 acres to land in!
Old 12-08-2006, 02:09 PM
TERRAVITA

FRED KING
KINGMAN, AZ
Segment 6

Dave emailed you and after multiple communications and you accusing Dave of trying to Blackmail you and calling him a liar you agreed to refund Dave's money.

You sent a FedEx return shipper. FedEx would not accept your shipper. Dave paid $21.00 and shipped UPS with insurance and delivery receipt.

I was with Dave shipping a package of my own when Dave advised he had labels for the box and they advised all the info was on the UPS generated label.

You advised Dave that when you received the engine that you did not know where the engine came from as his name was not on the box!

I assume you receive so many engines back you could not figure out a box from Kingman was Dave's engine?

You hooked the ignition system up on the bench, got spark and advised Dave yopu would not refund his money!!!!

If you put that engine in one of your planes and fly it that will confirm it meets the warranty.

I really doubt that you fly gas RC with some of the stupid statements you have made!
Old 12-08-2006, 02:33 PM
TERRAVITA

FRED KING
KINGMAN, AZ
Segment 7

Due to the ration of crap you handed Dave re SPE 40 warranty we contacted Adam with BCMA engines again.

He sold us 2 of his new, totally shielded ignitions and 2 Zama carbs (Walbro carbs suck) for his cost. Shipped no charge!

Adam hasn't made a dime off of us yet, taking care of your warranty problems, and has treated us like gold plated customers.

Since we purchased the 2 SPE 40's from you and been treated like dirt, I have purchased the following planes from NitroModels/Raidentech:

Evergreen P-38, CMA large P-47, CMA large Spitfire and 2 CMA 60 size P-51's for twin mustang.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:48 PM
RC Dave

UGLY AKM UGLY AKM UGLY AKM UGLY
AKM

YOUR WARRANTY ON THE SPE40 STATED 2 YEARS. THE WARRNATY ON THE IGN STATED 2 YEARS. I JUST WENT TO YOUR WEB SITE AND YOU DON'T EVEN SHOW THE SPE 40. YOU CAN BUY THE 26, BUT GUESS WHAT? IT DOESN'T STATE A WARRANTY. THATS JUST AS WELL BECAUSE APARRENTLY THEY DON'T STAND BEHIND IT ANYWAY.

I WOULD ADVISE ANY ONE THINKING OF DEALING WITH AKM TO PROCEED WITH CAUTION. MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN VERY SAD.

R C DAVE
Old 12-08-2006, 02:54 PM
TERRAVITA

FRED KING
KINGMAN, AZ
Segment 8

I purchased another CMA Spitfire, a PT 20 and a 50 Corsair for flying buddies that do not use the net.

PLUS Nitro Models/Raidentech have prices equal to yours or better and only charge 1/3 of your shipping charges. $11 - $12 per model instead of $33 or more!
Old 12-08-2006, 03:09 PM
TERRAVITA

FRED KING
KINGMAN, AZ
Segment 9

For those of yiou who are going to defend Alex and dump on me, shame on you.

Between Dave and I we have paid over $2,100 to Alex for models and engines. How much have you paid to him and been treated like crap!

I am 74 years old, neen fluing RC since 1963. I have Glow, Gas and Electric. Futaba, JR, Hitec and the DX-7. I wonder if it would have solved the glitch problems with our SPE 40's?
Old 12-08-2006, 03:12 PM
TERRAVITA

FRED KING
KINGMAN, AZ
Segment 10

FINAL ENTRY FOR THE DAY! Please note previous post, Adam at BCMA is not selling the SPE 40 due to the problems he has had with ignitions, etc.

Be back tomorrow after reviewing above to see if I have any more "UGLY" comments.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.