Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 F-22 Raptor PTS

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar 9 F-22 Raptor PTS

Old 04-29-2020, 02:13 AM
guapoman2000

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default H9 F22 Raptor still lives and flys!

Hello good people!

Just like the post title says, I still have mine and it was converted to Electric Power and recently got some more reliable Electronics onboard.
I can honestly say that I almost changed out the motor (Emax BL3526/04) a 860Kv motor with very good specifications that allows up to 5-Cells (18.5 Volts nominal), however, I found a few articles on how to glue back in the lose Magnet from the rotor (rotating bell housing) that contains all of the rotor's magnets.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-71QEmCs4mYerR

This was possible because after careful disassembly I found ZERO damage inside the motor and inspection was possible using 30X times magnifying glass (Hand held). The Stator's windings at ALL Poles looked great and sounded great on subsequent test run.

After allowing the Gorilla "Clear" Glue to cure all of it's 24-hours as specified per instructions the motor test looked and sounded very good, like new. I am sharing a few pictures of my model's issue with this motor and I will be now going to fly it with the GForce Elite Series 4-Cells, 4000mAH, 30C Lithium Polymer packs.

High Res Pics!
Hangar 9 F22 Raptor Glow-To-Electric Conversion

Video Showing - AVOIDING DISASTER (Loose Motor Magnet!)
The following users liked this post:
markind (04-29-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 08:12 AM
markind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good! My kRaptor is still hanging from a hook in my hobby room ceiling, waiting for me to rotate hobbies back to RC.