Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Servos For the Hanger 9 T Craft

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Servos For the Hanger 9 T Craft

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 03:17 AM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos For the Hanger 9 T Craft

Just curious what servos are you guys going to use for Taylor Craft i think i will go with Hitec 545s and maybe a digital for rudder
Old 02-16-2002, 07:26 AM
ChinookPilot

Default Servos for Hangar 9 T-Craft

I am using all digital Hitec servos except throttle. Probably a little overkill, but I have been wanting to test the digitals for some time now. Also using one servo for each elevator half. Have not flown mine yet, but close.

Sam
Old 02-16-2002, 07:32 AM
JBH
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

I think I'll be going 8101's on my elevators and ailerons... not sure about rudder, yet. I'm really not sure how I'm going to built it yet. :-)
Old 02-16-2002, 10:14 AM
BAS

Anyone mounting servos in the rear fuse I am going to have to see how it would affect cg with the ys 140L ??
Old 02-16-2002, 07:03 PM
ChinookPilot

Default Servos for H-9 T-Craft

Bruce,
I don't think you will need to mount your servos in the tail. As I said earlier, I have dual servos for the elevators and they are mounted in the standard mid fuse servo area. Connected to the control surfaces with Dave Brown fiberglas rods and using the stock connector hardware. Holes are already cut in the rear fuse formers for the rods to run through. I just cut another hole for the throttle servo to fit in as there is plenty of room to do this on the servo mount board. Am using an RCS 140 gasser in mine and it is a little heavier than your YS engine. The CG comes out just about perfect with my setup. Have not had to add any ballast weight at all. My batteries are mounted under the tank just forward of the landing gear plate.
Hope this helps.

Sam
Old 02-17-2002, 02:54 AM
CaptainHook
My Feedback: (80)

Default Bruce

Not sure what the YS weighs. I am putting a Saito 150 in mine. I read a post somewhere with the Saito needing 12 oz of lead in the the nose to balance. Mounting the servos in the tail may not help the situation. Just my 2 pennies.
Old 02-17-2002, 03:18 AM
BAS

I think i will stick to stock setup with the servos except i am going to use digitals Hitec 5625 s for elevator and rudder 615s for ailerons should work fine thanks for the replies Bruce