Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Fusco 1/3 scale Long-Ez ....Waiting!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Fusco 1/3 scale Long-Ez ....Waiting!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Mike James

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you!

Thank you Dan!

No, we're not discouraged... On the contrary, the response to this kit was so much greater than expected, that it was a bit overwhelming. The complaints about the shipping delays are completely legitimate, but the virtual slander of people intimating that someone is ripping them off is something I can't stand for, since I know better.

I talk to Val'a every day, and last night we discussed all these posts. We're both "tense", simply because we care. After all, in a perfect world, every step of the process would've gone perfectly, and everyone who ordered would already have their kits. So, until we're caught up, neither of us will be our usual "loose" personalities. But...

WE know that there's nothing unethical going on... only a shipping date delay. We also know that this is only the beginning. Just wait until you guys are all seeing and flying the Berkut, the King Air, the Avanti, and some other surprises we have coming. In the big picture, Val'a and I are committed, and excited to be doing something so different, and we're always discussing what else we can produce that's really cool. Give this company a year, and you'll see some serious scale competition aircraft out there. While the Berkut is kind of a "builder's" kit, (sheet the wings, install some parts, etc.) the King Air and Avanti will be completely molded... wings, tail, everything, and with all the scale panel lines and details molded in.

We've also decided not to publish specific release dates on future kits, until they're boxed and ready to go out the door. We're going to adopt the unique approach of showing the development process of each kit on the web site, as it happens. Customers will be able to get frequent updates on wherea future kit stands, by simply looking at the latest photos, and that will also serve to show people how we do the various steps, from concept to flight.

Again, thanks to people like you, Dan, for bearing with this delay. It won't be long, and you will get a great kit for your money.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Timbo562

Default Fusco 1/3 scale Long-Ez ....Waiting!

You've gotta be kidding

Shipping delay aside, (which many other companies experience every day) that is GREAT customer service. With complete fairness, you receive what you ordered, or you receive a refund, as you would expect from any reputable company.
Great customer Service?? Who are you used to dealing with Enron Corp? I have received no less than 5 PROMISES for a delivery date and NONE HAVE BEEN MET. One, two maybe three times and a week or so (maybe even a month) I can understand. But the delivery date now being proposed in this forum gets to 6 MONTHS! And at this point I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe this one will be kept either. The last delivery date I was 'Promised' was backed up in writing in the form of a Bill Of Lading from a reputable trucking company. This 'Promise' was made because I had asked for a firm delivery or a refund. I HAVE RECEIVED NEITHER. And now the trucking company says that they have no record of any shipment from Fusco that can be traced with the Bill Of Lading I was issued.

If there's a paperwork problem, trucking issue, or whatever, it's a pretty simple issue to resolve, and certainly doesn't warrant anybody claiming to be "fleeced". And, as one adult to another, I might add that going to a public forum such as this as intimating that a company is doing something dishonest is every bit as unethical as what you accuse Val'a Fusco of.
I did attempt to contact Mr. Fusco both by email and by phone. My phone calls were not returned and the only email response I received was from a lady at the company indicating that she didn't believe any items in my kit had been backordered and that I Could use the BOL to track the shipment. Since the BOL has turned out to be unrecognized by the trucking company and I was unable to contact Mr. Fusco directly I decided to use this public forum to detail the facts of my experiences. The facts are that I paid in advance, in full for a product that I have yet to receive after almost 5 months of broken promises. In fact the only promise Mr Fusco has kept was the one where he promised I would receive the Bill Of Lading for my shipment by 4/21/03 (in answer to my request for a refund). If Mr. Fusco is embarrassed by the facts of his business practices and does not want them publicized than all the more reason to do so. If I were lured by the products offered by the Fusco website I would surely want to know what I was getting myself into before sending in my money. And I also believe that all of the other people who have paid this man for a product they have yet to see have a right to know of the experiences I've had with this company. As to my use of the word 'Fleeced', that represents "my opinion" of the facts of this situation which are: Product paid for in full, 4+ months of broken promises and absolutely no indication that I will ever receive the product I paid for in December of last year. If Mr Fusco makes good on his promise of a full refund I will be just as willing to report that positive fact as I have been to report the negative ones.

2. Think that because the price has increased, that one of those buyers got a kit before your (previous) order? Wrong! There's not one single example of this. Val'a is completely fair about this issue, and in fact, all Fusco kits have a discreet serial number laminated into the glass, to prove this.
Finally, your correct and I agree with you. In fact I'm absolutely sure that none of these people have received their kits. Come to think of it I wouldn't be surprised to learn that NOBODY HAS RECEIVED THEIR KIT.

3. Think that Fusco Aicraft, Val'a Fusco, or me (Mike James) are "pulling something"? If I were you, I'd get an immediate refund, and go enjoy my life. Why continue to live in fear?
I did ask Mr. Fusco for a refund (or a firm shipment date) and his response was to issue me a Bill Of Lading guaranteeing my ship date with the reputation of another company. When I became aware, through conversations with the trucking company, that the shipment promised by this BOL had probably not happened I attempted to contact Mr Fusco with no reply to emails and phone calls. How many promises can an individual or a company fail to follow through on before a judgement may be made on their "honesty?"

If a shipping delay on a new and complex project from a new company is enough to discourage you as completely as a few of you seem to be, perhaps you need to learn from the pros in this hobby/business, and develop a little more patience. Those of you who choose to wait will be rewarded with an excellent product, and those of you following our future projects will be even more pleased.
Learn from the Pro's in this business? Are you trying to tell me that professionals in any field do business in this fashion? I am a professional, and I work with other professionals, and I am very familiar with what is expected of a professional. If I or my company conducted business in the fashion Mr Fusco is demonstrating we would be scorned by the industry and probably be in jail for fraud. You need to realize that when you give someone your word in writing (or verbally if your a truly honest person) that you keep it. That is the mark of an honest, professional person. To do otherwise is an indication of incompetence or dishonesty take your pick. Either way these are not the actions of a professional.

Good luck to any who have paid money to this man. I have posted the facts of my experiences with this company and you may draw your own conclusions from them and the facts of your own experiences. As a last note, I've just received an email from Mr Fusco threatening me with legal action and warning me not to post to this forum again. He has warned me that he has a law firm taking screen shots of this forum for use in future action. If Mr Fusco would like to discuss his business practices or my reporting of them under the scrutiny of the legal system in a courtroom I'm more than happy to oblige. In this same email he has for the second time promised me a refund if I mail back the certificate I received. I intend to do so by registered mail and will report on Mr. Fusco's response in this forum.

~Tim
Old 05-03-2003, 06:43 PM
Mike James

Default Thank you.

I think you are making the right decision to get a refund on your Berkut order. Someone else on the list will appreciate getting their kit earlier, and you will have no further reason to post the kind of comments you're posting now. Your remarks here are obviously meant to harm the company, rather than to obtain customer satisfaction.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:08 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Timbo562
If Mr Fusco would like to discuss his business practices or my reporting of them under the scrutiny of the legal system in a courtroom I'm more than happy to oblige. In this same email he has for the second time promised me a refund if I mail back the certificate I received. I intend to do so by registered mail and will report on Mr. Fusco's response in this forum.

~Tim
You know darn well that neither one of you really want to go into litigation over this. It would cost you much more than the cost of the kit in your time and travel alone. Looking forward to reading your short note about the refund.

Don
Old 05-03-2003, 07:58 PM
zapper

Will someone please send for Mr. Rodney King. Tell him that it's an emergency!

Jokes aside, let's everyone just back off and cool down for a bit before this thing escalates out of control......ok?
Old 05-03-2003, 08:40 PM
Timbo562

I refuse to accept your premise that I am the 'Bad Guy' here out to do harm to a hard working fellow modeler.

I think you are making the right decision to get a refund on your Berkut order. Someone else on the list will appreciate getting their kit earlier, and you will have no further reason to post the kind of comments you're posting now. Your remarks here are obviously meant to harm the company, rather than to obtain customer satisfaction.

I waited patently for months for Mr. Fusco to deliver on each commitment he made to me and didn't bug him with phone calls or emails during those periods of waiting for a revised delivery date to be met. When I did contact him on each occasion when a delivery commitment was missed those communications were generally positive and friendly (I doubt Mr. Fusco would dispute that although I don't wish to speak on his behalf) indicating only that I wanted to receive factual information on a realistic delivery schedule. It wasn't until the 4th or 5th missed delivery date when I began to worry and started to press him for some positive commitment on a delivery (hence the Bill Of Lading faxed to me) or a refund of my money (were now into mid April at this point). After that final commitment was apparently not kept and I was unable to reach Mr. Fusco by either phone or email (he had been very prompt until this point) I posted message #44 which you seem to interpret as an "obvious attempt to harm the company.

I would have been ecstatic to see this product materialize and have wished Mr. Fusco nothing but the best and the most success with his business through out this entire ordeal. I am always very happy to see a small businessman able to earn a living by producing a quality product to a select group of people willing to pay for it. The problem was that Fusco Aeronautics Corp didn't appear to be holding up their end of that bargain.

I have done nothing here except to present factual, dated information on my dealings with Mr. Fusco (all of which is easily verified) and the results of those dealings. Post #44 presented more factual information on this situation followed by a single comment indicating my own personal frustration and opinion of this situation. As I have indicated in my last post Mr. Fusco has promised me a full refund and I'll be as happy to report that kept promise as I have been unhappy to report the broken promises.

As (hopefully) a last comment I See that Mike James has indicated a shift in the policy regarding delivery schedules and I would like to state I believe that to be a Very Positive step. If I had received factual, honest, realistic delivery information at the time of my purchase or even after the first 1 or 2 delivery dates were missed (when the extent of his problem became clear) stating that delivery of these kits would not begin until May, June, July or whenever I would not have found myself in this unpleasant situation with Mr. Fusco. I would have been able to make an informed decision as to waiting it out or requesting a refund and purchasing something else. Mr. Fusco seems to have a lot of people who know him and think highly of him and that had been a primary factor in my letting this drag on as long as I did but I'm afraid that my experience with him has been somewhat different.

~Tim
Old 05-04-2003, 11:56 AM
barrelracer
My Feedback: (99)

I have read everything that has been said in the past 3 pages and I stated my feeling with dealing with this company..I want to feel sorry for the man and his company but I can not .I bought and payed for a product as stated on a web site ,I did not ask for the said item to be held up with last minute mods etc,that should have all been done before said product was offered for sale .I expected the item to be shiped as soon as possible,just as payment was expected to them from me quickly.I have never had to go through this much hassel for a plane ,this is supposed to be a hobby,a thing to do to get away from stress.I have waited just like everyone else and heard all the claims from the company,I do not think the company is being dishonest but I do feel that they have made promises that they knew they could not meet,now people have payed good money for a product and is expecting what they orderd.I will wait continue to wait mainly to see what happens.I wish the company well
Old 05-04-2003, 03:40 PM
Don BB
My Feedback: (1)

Originally posted by barrelracer
I have read everything that has been said in the past 3 pages and I stated my feeling with dealing with this company..I want to feel sorry for the man and his company but I can not .I bought and payed for a product as stated on a web site ,I did not ask for the said item to be held up with last minute mods etc,that should have all been done before said product was offered for sale .I expected the item to be shiped as soon as possible,just as payment was expected to them from me quickly.I have never had to go through this much hassel for a plane ,this is supposed to be a hobby,a thing to do to get away from stress.I have waited just like everyone else and heard all the claims from the company,I do not think the company is being dishonest but I do feel that they have made promises that they knew they could not meet,now people have payed good money for a product and is expecting what they orderd.I will wait continue to wait mainly to see what happens.I wish the company well
Old 05-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Don BB
My Feedback: (1)

same story #203
Old 05-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

You guys do realize that the long EZ is hand built, and takes alot of time to get ready. and think of the awsome package you get with the plane, its way worth waiting for. If i had the money i would order the 1/3 long ez , yes i do own a long ez , its the 1/5. it broke its wing in a crash, but its a plane that people druel over and study at a airshow. A crowd gathers to watch these planes fly as well.
I understand the wait, ive had to my self, but when you consider how Fusco has been updating whats been going on and so on, its worth the wait.
I know if one day i can get the money to order one of the 1/3 long ez's, ill buy one, but i cant afford, lol, o well.
My 2 cents, and enjoy your long EZ's when the arrive at your door step, which youll be the owner of a AWSOME plane.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:36 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Hey Dago,

You might get a good deal from one of the guys who want to get a refund...worth a shot anyway.

BTW: Good luck in Reno 2003...the Bear is back!!!!

Don
Rare Bear Fan Sponsor
Old 05-04-2003, 09:55 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

LOL--true,
With the bear next year, itll be a HECK of a race for Dago Ded
Old 05-05-2003, 09:54 PM
mvigod
Banned

Check the FTC website for laws regarding phone and mail ordering. If you are unhappy with the delay and no longer wish to wait for your order why have you not asked for a refund?

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buying/mail.htm
Old 05-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Timbo562

Default Refund Request

Hi Marc,

I did request a refund of my money. After the third missed delivery date on 4/16/2003 I contacted Fusco via email and requested a final firm delivery date or a 'refund of my money'. At that time is was given a firm promise that I would have a Bill Of Lading indicating shipment of my kit faxed to my office by 4/21/03. Mr. Fusco kept that promise and I received the BOL which indicated my kit would be shipped by Old Dominion Freight Line on 4/30/03. A few days after that ship date I emailed Fusco to verify the shipment, see if anything had been backordered and to ask how I could track the shipment. I received a reply from a lady at Fusco who indicated that she didn't believe anything had been backordered and that I could use the BOL number to track my shipment.

I phoned the trucking company with the BOL number and attempted to confirm that my kit had shipped. After talking with several people at the main office we determined that there was no record of a shipment with that BOL number. I was directed to contact a person with the trucking company that was local to Fusco who would have more direct knowledge of any shipments from Fusco. He also was unable to find any shipments in there system related to the BOL number provided by Fusco or any shipments from Fusco at the Chattanooga, TN address. At this point I attempted to contact Fusco again both by phone (during business hours) and by email. After two days of unsuccessful attempts to contact Val'a Fusco (unusual for him) I decided that other people who were in my situation would probably like to know what was happening and that based upon all the (well documented) facts of my business dealings with Mr. Fusco in my opinion I "Had Been [word not allowed]". This conclusion was based on the facts that I had paid in full for a product that Fusco failed 3 times to provide and when I requested a firm delivery date or a refund I was faxed a BOL for a shipment that never happened and then was unable to contact him.

I see that you have chosen to edit my post #44 to remove my opinion of Mr. Fusco's business practices. I would guess that you were contacted by Mr. Fusco and threatened with legal action as I was. It is unfortunate that unfavorable opinions based upon the facts of a business's operating practice's will be censured in this public forum since they may have helped prevent another person from experiencing similar problems. Mr Fusco has offered me a full refund of my purchase (which I have accepted) and I'll be happy to post the results of that offer here.

~Tim
Old 05-05-2003, 11:44 PM
fuscoaircraft
My Feedback: (2)

Default REFUND!

Tim,

I advised you via email that we are processing your order for a full refund via your credit card. You advised you are sending the certificate of ownership. I will email you once it arrives and then do a full refund on your credit card.

I see no reason to continue posting concerning this matter. If you have not received a refund in a timely fashion then you have a legitimate complaint but we are refunding your funds in full.

Your every consideration is and always will be most appreciated and I look forward to earning your business again in the future.

Thank you,
Val'a Fusco
Old 05-05-2003, 11:53 PM
T28pilot
My Feedback: (2)

If i was tim i'd get the refund before i sent the certificate....Tims done everything on his end....now i think its fusco's turn....maybe send him a Notorized copy of it?
Old 05-05-2003, 11:57 PM
mvigod
Banned

Tim,

We are not censoring anything other than foregone conclusions. In addition I was not threatened with legal action. Those who know me well know that my typical reaction to legal action is "bring it on" when I know I am in the right.

If you do not get a fair resolution to this issue you of course may post the facts including photocopies of BOL and whatever evidence you would want to show to back any claims. The claims you make if this doesn't get resolved are quite serious and would require proof to be posted and not just hearsay. That is for the benefit of everyone. However based on the above post from Fusco it appears this issue is going to be resolved.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:41 AM
mvigod
Banned

Tim,

I got a fax from Val'a Fusco at Fusco Aircraft which was from Old Dominion. It was slated to pickup on 4/30/03 and ship out to you.

Val told me the BOL was updated to 5/9/03 for pickup (which I verified with the carrier) because they updated the kit with a few things that delayed it a few extra days.

Val has authorized me to offer you the following options. He wants you to be a satisfied customer and as such will ship the Berkut to you with no shipping charge. When you get it you can look it over and decide if you want to keep it. He is so confident you will love it that you may change your mind. However if you feel you don't want it you can send it back prepaid shipping along with the certificate of ownership and get a full refund. If you would rather just have a full refund without looking at the Berkut in person he will also satisfy that request should you prefer that option. Please PM me or email me and I will relay your choice to Val.