Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Ariane 5 from Aviomodelli

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Ariane 5 from Aviomodelli

Old 02-22-2003, 04:18 AM
rmteo1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ariane 5 from Aviomodelli

Has anyone tried this 115in. span ARF motor glider? What engine, servos did you use? How does if fly? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	57310_8617.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	35843  
Old 02-23-2003, 06:13 PM
rmteo1

Default Anyone???

Anyone have any info?
Old 02-23-2003, 06:16 PM
frcac

It's a great flier, it's not an ARF and has an ABS fuselage (Duraflex). It cracks in winter and is very flexibile in the summer - almost immposible to glue anything in this plastic or to repair it. One season model only - try to find something more durable.

Sašo
Old 02-24-2003, 03:46 AM
RC-BOSS

Default Ariane 5

I have had my Ariane 5 for several years and mine has never cracked. I live in the Southwest where it gets to over 100 degrees ( I usually don't go flying though) and I never had a problem in high temperatures. It flies real nice and I don't think there's anything comparable out there for the money. So, make your own decision.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:57 AM
rmteo1

Thanks for your replies. What engine/prop combo did you use that gave the good flying properties?
Old 02-24-2003, 04:52 AM
RC-BOSS

I bought the Ariane 5 when I was in Italy a few years ago and brought it back with me. I bought an 6.5cc 4 stroke OPS Engine when I was there. I don't remember the prop size cause my brother borrowed the plane. I am told the OPS Engines have a little more HP and rev a little higher compared to most other engines made in Asia. So I guess you will have to do a little experimenting or keep asking around for someone who's got an American sold Engine. I'm just getting ready to skin the Aviomodelli Cant Z 3 engine bomber I bought from Internet-RC which has a plywood and balsa Fuselage. So far, eveything has gone great. The laser cut parts are terrific to work with. I love the Duraflex Fuselages. I am thinking of getting my 10 year old the Aviomodelli Meteor 172 which also has the Duraflex Fuselage. This way I don't think he can do to much damage to it if he screws up. I guess everybody has thier own opinion but I wouldn't exactly listen to the opinion of a guy on Duraflex who works for a balsa company. But then again, he may have had a bad experience with it.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:26 PM
P. Winters
My Feedback: (242)

Default RE: Ariane 5 from Aviomodelli

Dear sir,

I've read your post on RC Universe re: the Aviomodelli Ariane 5. I wonder if you could help me out. I recently bought an Aviomodelli Ariane 5 new in the box. I can't figure out how to mount the engine using the supplied engine mounts in the pre-drilled holes in the firewall. Did you have trouble with this? Once the mounts are attached, there's not nearly enough space for a glow engine. Am I missing something here? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Thanks,

Patrick