Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

New Great Planes Revolver

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

New Great Planes Revolver

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:45 PM
HUNTERANDJEFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Great Planes Revolver

I fill mine up the same way. when I know that it is close to being full, I slow down and when the fuel drips from the muffler, I'm full. pretty dumb but effective!!!!!!!
hey brainiax, where did you get the sticker for the cowl for your plane? Wouldn't that be a great figure for a pilot bust?!!!!!!!
P.S. guys, we are number one on the thread now!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 07:35 AM
dspadler
My Feedback: (22)

I have a practically new Satio 100 laying around doing nothing. Wonder how it would do on this plane or has anyone already tried this to create a bullet.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:17 AM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mshick

OK great guys that is how mine is set up. One other question. I put a brand new OS 61 in it and was going to use a 12x6 prop. Is this a good starting point?

Thanks
Mike
I'm currently flying with an APC 12x7 on my .55-AX. The 12x6 might be a starting point but definitely experiment until you find what works best.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Brainiax

ORIGINAL: HUNTERANDJEFF
hey brainiax, where did you get the sticker for the cowl for your plane? Wouldn't that be a great figure for a pilot bust?!!!!!!!
Ha, I found those in the decal dept. at Tower. They got some wacky ones there probably meant for trucks and cars.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:34 AM
grubs1234567

Does anybody have the bisson pitts muffler for the 55 ax and if so did you have to plug one of the stingers to get better pressure to the tank. If so what did you use and how?
Old 09-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Bernard
My Feedback: (1)

I have used the Bisson before and the total combined opening size (or area) of the two stacks is about the same as the standard PBOX exhaust hole. So, since the total area is about the same, there should be no need to plug one. Now the Slimline stacks are about twice the area of the hole so you normally use JB Weld to plug one. Always put a drain hole in otherwise it will fill with oil and overflow from filling the tank. What is the old geometry - Pie times "Radius" squared. Too large an exhaust and the back pressure is lost.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:49 PM
grubs1234567

Drain hole goes where drill right into the muffler the lowest point?
Old 09-28-2007, 02:19 PM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

Has anyone tried a Super tigre G90 on this revovler,, there is a guy that lives near me that has a g75 on his and it is fast, I figured for the same weight and size why not get somemore speed,,, alot more speed, ,
Old 09-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Bernard
My Feedback: (1)

Plug the stack closest to the engine exhaust, then drill a hole up through the JB Weld. Make sure the hole is at the lowest point so it will drain.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:01 PM
anglewine

Unreal!! I had a question for everybody but I believe someone asked it before me: How to fill up the fuel tank? How do you know it is full? Is it OK to see fuel coming out of the muffler? I believe the answer is OK? isn't it? I am planning to fly my plane this weekend if weather permit (This is a come back in R/C after about 6 years!!!!) If possible, i'll record my first flight. I'll let you know.

Anglewine
Fort Frances, Ontario, Canada
Old 09-28-2007, 09:13 PM
mshick

Fired up the os 61 with the slimline muffler today. All went well. I filled it until the overflow ran out the muffler. Started right up. I ran 2 tanks through using the typical OS break in procedure. Now the engine on the ground ran fine with the slimline muffler. Now when I fly it tomorrow, do you guys think I wil have any back pressure problems?

Mike
Old 09-28-2007, 10:21 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a slimline muffler on my .55-AX and there are no back pressure problems at all. I've also ran the same muffler on .46-AX's with no problems.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:36 PM
dirtydingus

Hey guys, I did some flying today and had the radar gun fired up and I have some wild numbers. I am running with an AX 75 with a 11x8 apc. We did several passes including some wild dives. First is the true streight and level speed 112 one way and 117mph the other and we did this five or six times. Than there are the dives. Again, we did at least 7 or 8. At the bottom of each dive we saw between 138 and 141 the interesting thing is that we had a H9 Sundowner there with a Evo 35 and the best we saw with that was 108. We also had a Lancair wich showed a solid 112 to 118 in a shallow dive. Of all the planes out today the Revolver was by far the fastest
Old 09-29-2007, 06:38 PM
russm

the speed prop guys are going to want to know about this. not supprised to hear these numbers. have got a tower 76 on mine and it is fast. the os75 is the best setup for this plane. just wish the landing gear was stronger.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:45 PM
kwjames

THAT IS FOR SURE ON THE LANDING GEAR. DIRTYDINGUS DID YOU HAPPEN TO GET ANY TACH READINGS.
KEN
Old 09-29-2007, 09:47 PM
kwjames

WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR RADAR GUN AND WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT FOR COST.
KEN
Old 09-30-2007, 01:20 AM
PAPE

just wondering I have never had a plane go that fast. If I give it full up, or do a snap roll at those 100MPH+ speeds will the plane brake in mid air? or can the revolver handle this? because of the low rates it asks for?
Old 09-30-2007, 07:40 AM
kwjames

Maybe your answer is in the last line of your post. Just kidding. I have no idea. But I don't want to be the first guy who tries. I am trying to beef up the landing gear right now. As is a 100 mph snap would take them off. This is one of the 2 things that I don't like about the plane. The other thing would be not being able to get the plane in a 65 inch size. That would be great for my poor eyes.
Ken
Old 09-30-2007, 08:52 AM
grubs1234567

KWJAMES there is a post at #302 that shows a piece of aluminum for extra support would that be good enough for your 100 mph snaps as I did the same thing and would like to know.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:27 AM
dirtydingus

Hey Guys!

I am turning about 13,400 static. In the air not sure, but the poor thing is really screaming especially in the wide open dives. The radar gun is loaned to us and is a very expensive police model, accurate within 2/10's of a mile per hour. I believe this one was right around $3,000. I have done snap rolls wide-open straight and level a couple of times, but I won't do it again. I'm sure something will eventually break. Does anybody know if there is such a thing as an onboard tach? I would like to know what rpm's were reached yesterday. I plan on putting a tuned pipe on next week and trying an 11x9 and 11x10 apc. Will let you know how it goes.

Jim
Old 09-30-2007, 02:09 PM
kwjames

Yes there is. I don't recall where I seen it. It does Speed, RPM, Temp and Alt. It tracks by GPS so the speed is only good for level flight. Will not record right in a dive because it only sees distance of surface area of the earth traveled. If I remember right it was Like $200.00. I'll look for it again and if I find it I will post a link.
Ken
Old 09-30-2007, 03:45 PM
kwjames

Okay here is the link to the on board telemetry system. I was off on the price. Be sure you are setting down when you look at the price. I think I would rather not know the actual speed and just make up numbers I like. I know my plane will go faster that way. http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Plane/plane.html
Ken
Old 09-30-2007, 05:19 PM
dirtydingus

I made an error in the prop size I am using. It is an APC 11x9. All this time I was going by what is written on the prop with a sharpie that the LHS put on it. What a suprise when I took it off to replace it with a 11x9.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:40 PM
PAPE

ORIGINAL: kwjames

Okay here is the link to the on board telemetry system. I was off on the price. Be sure you are setting down when you look at the price. I think I would rather not know the actual speed and just make up numbers I like. I know my plane will go faster that way. http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Plane/plane.html
Ken

Wow that is expensive. I usualy just fly my plne from a friends car and tach it from his tach
Old 09-30-2007, 07:52 PM
mshick

Flew mine for the first time today. I had a more experienced pilot take it off for the first time just in case something went wrong. It flew great. Couple clicks of trim and she was straight and level. Landed the same as any of my other sport planes and fly's slow when needed. My OS 61 with the Slimeline pitts was flawless. One thing I noticed is that even with good landings, the leading edge of the landing gear has a split in it about 2 inches long. Looks like the glass layer seperated. Someone must be using carbon gear??

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.