Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

New Great Planes Revolver

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

New Great Planes Revolver

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 12:04 AM
cavandish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Great Planes Revolver

ORIGINAL: freeair

ORIGINAL: beaver180

Corners? [X(] oh bugger, I didn't know there were any corners up there!! If there is then I must be cuttin them! lol As the guys say... there something not right there. Maybe you have another "saved" model, with pre-mixes programmed, in the TX memory that your using with your Rev??

The other day when flying with Cavendish I had a play with my Rev with very high rates on the elevators. With a high speed pull back the thing snap rolled, slowed it down and pulled and it did a nice sharp 90. In fear of getting caught out at high speed I have put my rates back down.

Finished the wing repair... not bad for my first attempt at one like this. Wish I had the right colours ( colors, to you boys State-side ) but you won't notice that at Mach 2.3 as I come passed.

CFN, Paul

thats a top repair job and thanks to the great foam wing there would have been a large re build to do. my only comment is; the Revolver sticker on the wing may be back to front, then again i am abit backward. ha.

i looked at the pic and thought BACKWARDS- decals also look wrong to me ha ha
Old 05-31-2008, 12:14 AM
cavandish

CAN SOMONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS

Before I throw this HYPERION eos 5i charger away for a new one, can someone please advise me if I am using this it correctly ??
I am trying to charge a 5 pack metal hydride rx 6 volt pack, no matter what input amps I programe, the charger shuts off well before the pack is charged, I have tried a charge rate of 200ma upwards, i am fairly sure that this charger does not allow you to set shut off voltage with metal hydride charging

the same as the above was happening when I tried to charge 2x (in parallel) 4 packs, she just shuts off (reads end) before getting much charge in at all.

previously I have assumed that the 2x4 pack of 2700 mah batterys(the 2 packs of 4 in parallel) would give me 5400total mah is this correct ? as I appeared to of fried them before with a 5 amps charge.

any advice on these 2 would be greatly appreciated, as I have had a couple of close ones due to being silly enough to believe that these packs were charged, I flew my 1/4 scale 30 cc zlin 50 at a rally last weekend, and the spectrum rx locked out in mid air for a short time, (due to low voltage) I have had the same thing happen with a fairly rapid g/p revolver !!!

thanks for you advice in advance, when your tx locks out in mid flight it is pretty scary !
Old 05-31-2008, 01:10 AM
beaver180
My Feedback: (10)

Argh ya mongrels! my boy Oliver's face says it all! lol That better??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26068.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	960664  
Old 05-31-2008, 02:58 AM
freeair

now thats alot better.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:36 AM
Wingwrecker

ORIGINAL: beaver180

Argh ya mongrels! my boy Oliver's face says it all! lol That better??

Wrong wing...
Old 05-31-2008, 07:41 AM
thesouth1

Cavandish:
The best advice I can give would be this. :
http://www.aircraft-world.com/prod_d...s5i-manual.pdf
as with anything this is the best place to start, wether we like it or not.
I'm not saying you haven't done this already but it never hurts.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:56 PM
cavandish

ORIGINAL: thesouth1

Cavandish:
The best advice I can give would be this. :
http://www.aircraft-world.com/prod_d...s5i-manual.pdf
as with anything this is the best place to start, wether we like it or not.
I'm not saying you haven't done this already but it never hurts.

THANKS but have been there, manual is fairly basic to say the least.

I managed 140 mph with my sundowner at the weekend (no nitro) will be installing the gps into the revolver this week.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:56 AM
freeair

i reacon you will find the Revolver will go beyond the 140 mph mark easy. i have seen a very quick Revolver going at speed and to me it looked like the 180 mph speeds, this model is owned by a previous world record holder of pylon racing.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:52 AM
russm

what engine to get 140?
Old 06-03-2008, 05:10 PM
cavandish

os bgx with os pipe. amazing what a pipe does, I ran with standard silencer & it was dead, OS recon 30-40% better with pipe. I had the the same experiance with an OS 50sx in the Revolver- dead without the pipe, ugly but wow, they light an engine up if you get them the correct lenght.

"I recon you will find the Revolver will go beyond the 140 mph mark easy" BIG CALL ! mine won't, but we will see.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:30 PM
EpoweredRC

I am not going to read every post but so this plane was made for speed?
I got to fly on saturday with a OS55 2 stroke motor with a 12x8 prop, it was pretty fast but not as fast as my Quickie 500 with a weber 40 and tune pipe. the guys who plane it belongs to is a guy I have been test flying his planes for him, hes not a good pilot yet, he can fly but thats about it, has way to much money and always buying things he should not, this is one he should not have gotten.

anyways he couldnt land it said it landed to fast so i programed flaps for landing mod like he wanted.

what prop could he use to slow it down? maybe a 14x8? or would it sling that
Old 06-03-2008, 07:07 PM
cavandish

it will never be as quick as a Quickie 500,the airframe is just not 'clean' enough, numbers in the 130s are about it's limit.

slow it down with more flaps or spoilers, you can give it plenty of either before aileron authority dissapears or it gets 'ugly', 60% of mid rate will not be a problem.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:33 PM
russm

just put my 91fx w/ a jett muffler on mine again. was getting bored w/ the 75ax. cav, sounds like you have a nice setup. was the pipe a pain to install. i think you and i have been on this thread for a while now. keep up the good ideas. np, i think a lot of guys buy this plane not realizing it is a fast plane. no, it is not a q-500 plane, but still plenty fast.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:44 PM
cavandish

pipe is not that much of a pain to fit, you do need a header that reaches down quite a way,
I custom made mine, but I think the large size mac's would do it. You have to re-enforce the fuse were your pipe is going to mount, as it will take the occasional hit when landing. if anyone seriously wants to fit one, I will shoot and post some pics.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Wingwrecker

ORIGINAL: cavandish

pipe is not that much of a pain to fit, you do need a header that reaches down quite a way,
I custom made mine, but I think the large size mac's would do it. You have to re-enforce the fuse were your pipe is going to mount, as it will take the occasional hit when landing. if anyone seriously wants to fit one, I will shoot and post some pics.
What luck! I ordered a Macs and a new cowl for my 55AX Revolver two days ago. So you think I will get a noticeable performance increase? At the very least I think it's going to look cooler.. [8D]

Any idea where I can find an extension to fit this combo?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:10 PM
cavandish

to make an extension, cut the engine end off the stock muff, this will extend things a bit, just remember to add it to your overall header length, make sure pipe is very secure, I have lost one already. the mount to the fuse needs to be as good as standard landing gear mount.
you can get away we a small exit hole (mine was a long oval) through that new cowl, when you need to get behind the cowl, don't remove the pipe, just slide the cowl over the engine and down the pipe
Old 06-03-2008, 08:16 PM
EpoweredRC

Thanks, Well they was lots of folks at the feild and I couldn't hear the engine idling for landings so I couldn't really play with it, I have like 30% flaps in it now. with I think 12 % up elevator for the corection, it tips up a little but like i said I ddint get to play with it much, we have a short feild only about 300 foot, and it runs down hill one direction so anything fast is kinda tricky to get onto the ground. I never had a issue with my q-500. but it has a little thicker wing.

The revolver is a pretty plane and it does fly nice.

it will never be as quick as a Quickie 500,the airframe is just not 'clean' enough, numbers in the 130s are about it's limit.

slow it down with more flaps or spoilers, you can give it plenty of either before aileron authority dissapears or it gets 'ugly', 60% of mid rate will not be a problem.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Wingwrecker

to make an extension, cut the engine end off the stock muff, this will extend things a bit, just remember to add it to your overall header length, make sure pipe is very secure, I have lost one already. the mount to the fuse needs to be as good as standard landing gear mount.
you can get away we a small exit hole (mine was a long oval) through that new cowl, when you need to get behind the cowl, don't remove the pipe, just slide the cowl over the engine and down the pipe
I was wondering how I should cut the cowl for it, thanks. I'm not sure I have the necissary tools to cut the stock muffler for an extension. Should I be able to find a pre-made one anywhere? And what do you mean by 'add it to your overall header length'?
Old 06-03-2008, 10:50 PM
cavandish

os make pre made, so try the usual places

regarding length , header length is critical (port to pipe) so you will be adding to it with an extension and may need to chop a bit off the header.

mac do an extra long header, from memory, I think this is the ideal size to fit the rev

your fuse mount needs to be as good as standard landing gear mount (it's easy, because you can use the forward servo tray bulkhead as part of this structure)

remember that your c of g with move considerably, I have 6 oz of lead on my engine mount.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:16 AM
freeair

ORIGINAL: Brainiax

Yes, toward the leading edge there should be a nylon dowel about an inch long. Don't go up without them in there.

BTW, anyone notice how out of scale the pilot figure is? Looks like Hulk Hogan's head on a midgets body...LOL.
I'll be looking for a little bit better fit for my model.
actually i think the pilot is very much to scale as far as the head goes, try wider shoulders and you may have to delete the canopy.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:24 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An average human's height is about 6x the head. If the head is 11" tall, the person will be about 66" tall.

If you look at that pilot's head and figure what height that head would be above the guy's feet...... you figure his feet would have to stick out the cowl intakes.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:38 AM
freeair

no this guy is a dwarf not average height but his head and shoulders are normal.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:23 AM
beaver180
My Feedback: (10)

No he's not a dwarf!! He's just one of them awesome pilots that knows it!! and got a swell-head! lol
Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 AM
Wingwrecker

Encephalitis?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:16 AM
russm

who cares

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.