Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Sukhoi 31

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Great Planes Sukhoi 31

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 09:45 PM
MormonMike
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Sukhoi 31

Greetings Guys. Don, you are correct. Ground clearence for a 22-6/10 is a little uncomfortable. 'bout an inch is all I have or whatever that converts to in metric. Believe it or not I did cut half an inch off the prop just to give a little better space and it did'nt seem to alter the performance of the plane. At 4500 feet here in Northern Utah, I had plenty of vertical. The "Kids" should'nt waste a lot of time fussing over this or that on this plane. I like FOX engines, it fits great, cowl comes off even with the muffler attached and it runs like a champ. And yes, with our clubs flying site out in the middle of no-wheres , THE LOUDER-THE BETTER !! The plane does sink pretty fast on final so make sure your throttle servo has a very good transition time if using a gasser. Slow response can give you a bounced landing. [ no damage to the plane, just some dumb looks from the other guys ] Other than that, It's a very good plane. Seeya around, MM