Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

F4U Corsair Cox Warbird

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

F4U Corsair Cox Warbird

Old 12-26-2007, 11:40 AM
astrohound24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4U Corsair Cox Warbird

Hello everyone,

I am really just getting started in this hobby. I purchased a Cox Corsair Mini-warbird. For those out there that own these, how do I need to charge the battery at first, and what about launching this plane. My instructions that came with the plane do not say much. Do I apply full throttle to launch? Do I keep full throttle the entire time, and what about landing? Do I start to power down slowly and glide it in? Any info will be a big help.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 12-26-2007, 01:07 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: F4U Corsair Cox Warbird

Greg , try the eletric area under park flyers ,
I can assume -yes charge everything and make sure all batterys are fresh
Try to make all flight surfaces look level
Try to make sure that its not windy
For take off until you get the hang of it get a friend , make the sure the plane is high over there head away from the spinning prop , have them start to jog as you advance the throttle , then need to give it a good stiff launch with out makeing it go straight up or into the ground , you will need to man the sticks
-you can even practice a few times with the power and dont let then let go just so they can tell you when it feels correct and pulling to let go .
Tall grass is great for newbees , good luck
Old 12-26-2007, 02:48 PM
astrohound24

Default RE: F4U Corsair Cox Warbird

I think that tall grass thing is good advice. I thought about that as well. I know we have some good tall weeds and grass around here in the summer, and that would be perfect. Thanks so much for the info.

Greg