Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

*New Hanger 9 Pulse XT 60*

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

*New Hanger 9 Pulse XT 60*

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Deathbunny_SG
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *New Hanger 9 Pulse XT 60*

I have a YS 110S that was gonna be for my next plane but the guys at the field convinced me to get something like the pulse before jumping straight to an edge 540 from the alpha 60 lol. So my question is do you think the YS would be to much for this airframe? I would prefer to not have to buy another engine unless absoultly necessary. I know it will be a bit ballistic but I do know how to not fly full throttle all the time [)] Also I already have some good mg digital servos that were bought for the edge I can put in this so it will have plenty of servo power to keep up with the extra engine.

Whadya think?

Thanks
Rob
Old 04-29-2008, 03:26 AM
craigss11

Well I got around to getting some pictures,just got to get it it built by the w/end now

http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/ga...berID%3D288692

Old 04-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Sportflyr
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

There's far better models for that YS. They are very
powerful and might be too much for the
Pulse. My main concern is the
vibration that YS's put out. You might
want to think about beefing the firewall
but, don't take my word for it. That would certainly be one of the most awesome
Pulses out there if you could swing it![X(]
Old 05-02-2008, 05:59 AM
craigss11

Well I've been fairly busy at work during the week,but nearly finished ,hopefully get to fly it on Sunday
Fitted a Saito 100 GK,looks the part anyway[8D]

http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/ga...memid%3D288692

Cheers[8D]
Old 05-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the Pulse XT 60 on back order at my LHS for several months and I am still flying the 40 sized Pulse. I have not decided on which engine to use - the OS 75 AX or a Saito 120, I have both. Any thoughts after flying yours with the Saito 100 would be greatly appreciated. I usally take this plane to the field no matter what else I take with me. It is a pleasure to fly and it has been a good test bed for breaking in the engines for my Dual Ace twin. Hangar 9 got this one just about perfect - sort of a replacement for the GP Super Sport.

Howard
Old 05-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Deathbunny_SG

Lookin good Craigss, I was at my LHS the other day and I had him call to confirm these had not been delayed again. They said they were still on for the first week of May for the fast start dealers or w/e they call them. I would like to hear how yours is flying with the saito 100 and how well you think it can handle a bigger engine or a smaller one. I have an evo .61, saito 82 and a ys 110s that I could put on it. I am thinking the saito 82 would be the best but I dont want it to be underpowered. I would prefer not to use the evo since its on my alpha trainer and I would like to try and sell that as a RTF package.

GL with the maden!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Blazer1

Any update to when the Pulse XT 60 will be ready for purchase?
Old 05-03-2008, 01:20 AM
craigss11

ORIGINAL: Blazer1

Any update to when the Pulse XT 60 will be ready for purchase?
Surpisingly enough I ordered and paid for my Pulse 60 from a US Hobby Shop back in February 08 and was still waiting till a week ago when I just happened to revisit a Hobby Shop in Australia on line that I used to purchase a lot of my gear from till about 12 months ago when the $AUD began to rise and they couldn't compete on price or delivery,and here was the Pulse 60 ready to go,couldn't beleive it,quickly cancelled the order in the US and got this one delivered,even cost wise was within $5.00 0f what I was going to pay in the US and delivered out here[8D]
I just was lucky,can't believe they have pushed back delivery "AGAIN" in the US
Cheers
PS Can't wait to maiden this bird in the morning,I've run it up and taxied it around the paddocks at home here,was so tempted to launch it
Old 05-03-2008, 02:34 AM
Deathbunny_SG

Take it for what its worth but when I heard that they were delayed again I went to the LHS and had the owner call (last thursday 4/29). His sales rep said that they were still good for May 1st and that he should have them sometime in the first week in may. I was standing right by him when he called and he is a friend of mine and wouldnt lie to me about the delivery date on something. I can't vouch for the sales rep on the other end but I cant see why he would lie to one of his dealers when he specificly called and said he heard reports of delays on the internet and he had a customer concerened about the delivery date. He is one of the quick start or fast start dealers or w/e they call it so some dealers might not be getting them at the same time. The sales rep told him that the 40 size arf are back ordered till the end of mayish (but the 40 pnp is in stock) so maybe thats where the mix up is comming from not sure. Anyway I cant wait till it gets here! I will report in as soon as I get mine
Old 05-03-2008, 06:19 AM
pault
My Feedback: (34)

hello..........the hobby shop called me yesterday and said the 60 pulse i ordered will be in next wed. the 7 th of may....pault
Old 05-03-2008, 11:43 AM
bbrundle
My Feedback: (40)

These passed QA on Wednesday and they began to ship to dealers on Thursday 5/1. You should see them on the LHS shelves next week. If you ordered one direct from us then they will begin to ship shortly as we ship out what is called the Fast Forward to our dealers first.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Blazer1

I should have pre-ordered! How does the supply look? Is there enough in this first shipment that after the pre-orders are filled some will still be available? I would love to find one sitting on the shelf at one of my local hobby stores.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:07 AM
craigss11

Took the new bird out to the field today,had a fly of it's "Little Brother" first then fired up the Saito and launched it,just awesome
Had to put in a few clicks of left aileron and a couple of clicks of down elevator and I was flying "Hands Off' straight away
Heaps of power with the 100 and a 14x8 prop
Goes vertical after rolling out approx 10 meters
Just a joy to fly,a Mate of mine was at the field today,he flys at a lot of comps and is an excellent pilot,gave it to him for a fly a couple of times,nearly had to steal it back so I could have another fly
He's off to order one in the morning
Put in a couple of photos
First on is at the field early today and the second is the new "Bird" with it's "Little Brother"

Don't think I'll get this silly grin off my face for a few days
Cheers
Old 05-05-2008, 04:15 PM
gr8taz nitro
My Feedback: (7)

they're here!!! Stopped in the LHS and they had 2 on the shelf. Thinking about picking one up since I have a saito 100 just setting gathering dust right now.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:03 PM
bayward

ORIGINAL: gr8taz nitro

they're here!!! Stopped in the LHS and they had 2 on the shelf. Thinking about picking one up since I have a saito 100 just setting gathering dust right now.
Yes, they are here. I also stopped at the LHS and saw them. Difference is I bought one and a Saito 100 to go with it. I have a bunch of the 821 recommended servos and a couple of AR6200 receivers in the drawer.

I have done absolutely nothing today since I picked up the Pulse at mid day except work on the Pulse. I was trying to get it ready to take to the field tomorrow morning. No such luck. The throttle push rod to the Saito 100 was a bear to get working properly. The manual shows cutting the diagonal brace on the motor mount for a four stroke installation. I cut the motor mount and still could not make it work. Finally flipped the engine carb horn upright and have it protruding out of the canopy. I also had to put bends in both ends of the pushrod to get it to work smoothly without binding. Also had to alter the location of the preinstalled tube the push rod inserts into. I bet I spent close to two hours getting that blasted thing to work smooth.

A few minor things with my kit. The 8-32 lock nuts for the engine bolts were the wrong size. I got 6-32 instead. That took 45 minutes to go to the hardware store and back. I was also short three or four # 8 flat washers. I had those on hand though. The covering on my plane is super nice quality. Two tiny wrinkles that took longer for the iron to heat up than it did to fix. My plane is overall very good quality. I am a happy camper.

Except for the spinner. Good looking spinner that color matches the yellow on the plane. It took major work to fit the prop to the spinner however. I had to remove the little posts that the prop is supposed to go up against to hold proper position against the backplate. The spinner also had two posts inside that went into mating holes in the backplate to align the screw holes. I had to cut both of those posts as my prop would not line up with the posts inside the spinner. I am using an APC 15X6. The manual recommends an Evolution 14X8 which might make a difference in fit up to the spinner. The LHS put the APC 15X6 on my order and I did not see the EVolution recommendation until I got home.

Oh, one other thing. The top motor mount bolts protruded through the firewall just enough to interfere with the fuel tank access hatch. I had no idea what held the hatch on and spent close to half and hour trying to remove it without damage. Finally saw the tips of the motor mount bolts jamming the hatch towards the rear. Loosened the top bolts and the hatch came off like it is supposed to. The hatch has a dowel in the front and two magnets in the back to hold it in place.

I should get it done early enough tomorrow to at least break in the engine. Then I will be able to maiden it a week from now.

Bob
Old 05-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Deathbunny_SG

I just got done putting mine together. It is basicly the exact same setup with the saito 100. I pretty much had the exact same expierence you just described including the messed up parts. Other then that and the throttle arm it was a very easy build. It balanced perfect without any weight added too. My throttle servo is making a slight noise I think I might still have some binding going on. Im gonna take it to the LHS in the morning and see if its ok, if its not the owner will help me fix it, it was kicking my but. I went with a 3" alum spinner I had on hand, the one that came with it was kinda sad. Hopefully the winds will stay away long enough tomorrow for me to get some flights on it. The forcast isnt looking to good for the first part of the week here.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:15 AM
craigss11

I didn't have any issues with the throttle at all guys,
Simply turned the throttle arm around so as the link holes are at the bottom,ground a small amount out of the side of the engine mount arm,and used a large arm on the servo to line up to the throttle pushrod and tube then adjusted the the amount of travel and my Tx
Old 05-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Birman

Hi Guys. I've got a Pulse XT 60 coming from my LHS. I tried to find the assembly manual on line, but Horizon doesn't have it posted yet.

Can someone tell me the spinner size for this bird?

Birman
Old 05-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Deathbunny_SG

I put a 3" alum on. Its a little bigger then the round part of the cowl but it doesnt look too bad, I had fitting issues with my prop on anything smaller and didnt want to grind alum. The one that comes with it is 2 1/4" and is pretty small esp if your using a 4 stroke. I think 2 1/2 would look the best.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Birman

Thanks DB. Sounds like 2 1/2 is the way to go.

Birman
Old 05-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Deathbunny_SG

NP here is a link to the manual

http://www.hangar-9.com/ProdInfo/Fil...Res_Manual.pdf

and hanger 9s page about the pulse 60 with vids and what not

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdId=HAN4130
Old 05-11-2008, 11:58 AM
karl hibbs

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have 8 flights on mine ,what a great airplane. it has a os 75 ,14x6, 7.5 lbs. the wing loading is so light you almost need spoilers to land.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Birman

Deathbunny, thanks for the link to the manual.

Birman
Old 05-11-2008, 05:55 PM
bayward

ORIGINAL: karl hibbs

I have 8 flights on mine ,what a great airplane. it has a os 75 ,14x6, 7.5 lbs. the wing loading is so light you almost need spoilers to land.
The LHS tried to talk me into getting an OS75 for my Pulse. I resisted and went for the Saito 100. The 75 was several ounces heavier, but I would expect much more power. Yours weighs only 7 1/2 pounds ???? On the bottom end of the weight range listed on the box, nice. Did you weigh it with the receiver battery pack in place ?

Mine is complete with the exception of adjusting the thows and setting up dual rates in the radio. Then I have to break in the engine. Should be no problem doing the maiden next weekend, weather permitting.

Bob
Old 05-11-2008, 06:32 PM
ReefBlueCoupe

I have a brand new OS 75AX to go on mine. I'm impressed by the performance on my Twist 60, and I think it's going to absolutely rip on the Pulse 60. I'm ordering the plane this week; horizon's site shows them in stock and ready to ship.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.