Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 60 Size P-51

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar 9 60 Size P-51

Old 04-23-2003, 06:01 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hangar 9 60 Size P-51

We've had a few questions on installing the scale "antenna" on the P-51, so I thought I'd pass along a few instructions.

Make a small mark with a felt tipped pen on the fuse at the center of the very front of vertical fin and the behind the canopy. Make a mark 3" in front of the line where the silver covering meets the black stripe on the top of the turtledeck. Use a straight edge to contact the center marks in front of the fin and behind the canopy, and make a center mark on the turtledeck, where it meets the mark you made 3" from the silver line. Then center the antenna on these 2 marks 3" from the silver line and trace the antenna on to the fuse. Use a X-acto knife or similar knife, and cut out the turtle deck for the antenna. Then insert the antenna into the turtledeck and make a mark on the antenna at the bottom where it meets the fuse. Take the antenna out and cut the covering a small amount below the line you just made, and remove the covering below this cut. Then mix up a small amount of 6 minute epoxy, apply this to the antenna and re-install the antenna into the turtledeck. Use a bit of tape to hold the antenna in position while the epoxy dries. Use some rubbing alcohol to remove the pen marks that you made.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions please feel free to give one of our techs a call at 877-504-0233.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:15 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hangar 9 60 Size P-51

Nice idea....sure wish I still had the plane - oh well.

If I would have done that antenna I bet it would have been knocked off within a hour IN THE WORKROOM - I'm just a klutz I guess <g>

Jerry