Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

great planes super sportster mrkII

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

great planes super sportster mrkII

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 03:24 AM
armyrcer-RCU
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great planes super sportster mrkII

well it is finally ready to fly balanced out real well. the only question is how is the take off. I want to take it out tommorrow and fly weather permitting. I have flown a sig kadet lt 40, and a hobbico superstar select 40, and have been flying a tower voyager which is a low wing tricycle gear. the super sportster mrk II is a taildragger of course. this will be the first taildragger to fly i do not fly at a club due to we fly on base but none here fly taildraggers so what do you think will I be okay with it i fly all the planes above real well and land where i want everytime. thanks mike
Old 05-03-2003, 03:52 AM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Draggin your tail...

Sounds like you are about ready! Should be a good first taildragger. Just bring the throttle up smoothly, and remember to be on that rudder until you break ground. Good luck!
Old 05-04-2003, 01:27 AM
therotund1

You'll be fine. You just have to "fly the tail" until airborne. You'll saw on the rudder stick but, shouldn't be a problem. Slowly advancing the throttle should minimize the reaction. Also, be ready on the elevator too, some taildraggers will lift the tail way up, like into propstrike territory, while they build speed. That's what I mean by "fly the tail"

You'll love it. I haven't got mine together yet (.40 mk2 arf) but, a friend had an old 20 size AND a 60 size, both kit built, flying today! Beautiful! Graceful, maybe even, elegant to watch. Both of these will knife edge 'till the cows come home too. Sweet planes.

Good luck! let us know how you like it!
Old 05-04-2003, 01:34 AM
armyrcer-RCU
My Feedback: (17)

thanks for all the info and help hope to fly it tommorrow the wind was to much today i want it to be calm and all but thanks again mike
Old 05-04-2003, 08:09 AM
trailingedge
My Feedback: (1)

Once you get used to the difference in takoff, you'll love this plane. Mine was a blast to fly. Taxi up and down the runway a few times to get used to the tail. Good luck and have fun.