Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

VQ Dego Red

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

VQ Dego Red

Old 12-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default VQ Dego Red

Ever since I seen it on the VQ site I have been wanting this plane badly, I have a Webra speed 50 to put in it too but all I have heard about it is what people think of it, nobody that owns one is telling LOL. If you own one of these please let me know what you think, Tax time will get me a new toy OH and pay off CC from Christmas.

Dauntae

Old 12-15-2008, 02:24 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: VQ Dego Red

Dauntae ... looks like a winner. If it flies like VQs MIG 3 then this plane is gonna be great stuff.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:34 AM
Dauntae

Ive got 2 friends that I fly with that NOW want it too LOL We all fly together in formation and have not had a mid air YET But we are going to have to do a little detailing on the covering (at least the bottom) to tell them apart. Can't wait till spring time now, I don't expect these to be as fast as they look but I have a Revolver for that and one of the guys has a sundowner 50 to race me with.

Thanks for the good news about VQ
Dauntae
Old 12-15-2008, 07:22 AM
Ram Jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who cares how it flys or if it flys? Buy it as a static model for gosh sakes. I hear that you can't buy one unless your last name ends in a vowel though. If you buy it it needs a Brodak polished aluminum spinner - I'm serious! Note the spinner on the full scale Italin-American Red.

Edit: No, forget the Brodak spinner, it's a beautifully made spinner but too pointy for a P-51. You'll have to shop. But NOT yellow.

Bill
Old 12-15-2008, 11:59 AM
JCINTEXAS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where can I get one of these?
What is the "VQ site"?
Regards
JC
Old 12-15-2008, 02:41 PM
JS615

I have the Tuskegee P-51 from VQ and it is one of the best arfs in my hanger, very well built, and with the os 55ax with a slimline muff, this baby really moves.. very good quality.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:55 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

GENTS... ORDER ASAP!!

www.vqwarbirds.com

PHOTOS DON"T DO IT JUSTICE!!

WE HAVE FREE SHIPPING, and we have them in stock REady to ship!

-HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

-TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
Old 12-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Dauntae

Tomas can iI get a discount if I order 4 of them, LOL we are getting a group together to order so we may be putting a order right after Christtmas, going to be some covering changes and number changes going on but it's going to be fun. When are any of the other warbird pylon planes supposed to be released? OH and we will put the order with you instead of HP carrying the line, you customer support has a good rep from what I am seeing.

Dauntae
Old 12-15-2008, 09:47 PM
nemesis4u

Dauntae,,,

It will look great to see 4 "VERSIONS" at your field taxing out together then taking off in "echelon Formation"

That would be a sight/sound!!!

My wingman and I fly that way... we taxi out together, take off , and do some manuevers together in "loose" formation and then land one right after the other....

Its fun to do and from what I hear fun to watch! Only 1 midair in over 10 yrs! But it is fun!

www.vqwarbirds.com

[email protected]

more "RENO BIRDS" are being "entertained" right now....

-CHEERS!

-TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
Old 12-17-2008, 07:45 PM
sj3cub
My Feedback: (9)

Tomas, As I mentioned in the other thread. Use this same airframe and get them to put the VooDoo paint scheme on it. It would outsell the Dago I'm sure. Don't get me wrong, the Dago looks very very good. Best Dago ARF on the market now as far as I'm concerned. The price is even better. They got the lines on this one fairly close. The only one I like better is the EZ Dago and VooDoo and they are not being imported right now.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Dauntae

I forgot about this thread, As far as the voodoo goes they would have to use the P51D for it, unlike the Dego it has a regular canopy, Not sure if they have changed it since but this is what I have found.

Dauntae
Old 12-31-2008, 10:14 AM
p51mech38
My Feedback: (3)

Voodoo is going back to a race turtledeck and will also be doing away with the scoop. Bob Button is installing a boil-off cooling system. Besides that I think Strega would be a better choice for the next VQ race Mustang. He did win this last year, Tiger Destefani retired, and Steve Hinton Jr. will be the youngest unlimited pilot to date to fly such an airplane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94381.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1100115  
Old 01-02-2009, 06:10 PM
_Tommy D
My Feedback: (20)

Tomas

Any chance we can see the wing on this thing? Wondering just how fat it is.

Tommy D
Old 01-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Dauntae

I too would like to know, I have a set of Dave Brown retracts I got a few years ago but didn't fit in the Plane I got them for (Ultrasport plus) so they have been on the shelf and hoped to use them, They cost $45 and are all metal unlike the ones made of plastic. Hopefully they will fit.

Dauntae
Old 01-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Jonnyspeed
My Feedback: (2)

Oh man do I love the Dago Red! This is a beautiful model. I think it looks better than my EZ Dago red from 20 years ago. I will definitely be picking up on of these this year. I've got a Saito .72 that should spin an 11x12 at 10500+rpm static. Should unload even more in the air. That should make for a nice little bird. Fast enough to be fun and should sound great too. Someone buy one and fly it already! It will be a while before we are flying agin here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:51 AM
Dauntae

It will be some time for us too here in Mass. (currently snow and slush everywhere) But there is possibly 5 of us ordering this plane soon (hopefully in a week or two) However we might be going for more speed with them and try a TH .75 and really tear up the sky. I'll most likely do a thread on the assembly of these birds and let everyone know how it is. Can't wait for the flying season now, will have this and a revolver and possibly one other one to maiden this spring.

Dauntae
Old 01-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Jonnyspeed
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Dauntae

It will be some time for us too here in Mass. (currently snow and slush everywhere) But there is possibly 5 of us ordering this plane soon (hopefully in a week or two) However we might be going for more speed with them and try a TH .75 and really tear up the sky. I'll most likely do a thread on the assembly of these birds and let everyone know how it is. Can't wait for the flying season now, will have this and a revolver and possibly one other one to maiden this spring.

Dauntae
Hmmm... TH 75 huh? I may have to join you on that one. Or an OS 91 I LOVE my Saito though... It's a sweet little engine. Guess I have to decide if I want good speed and sound or just pure speed... Man, what to do? Maybe I'll just get two LOL

Are you thinking of running a Pitts muffler? I have a set of mechanical retracts with Robostruts on them that I was going to use on the EZ. I wonder if they will fit this wing? What's the word on the VQ retracts? Are they stong enough for grass field ops?
Old 01-06-2009, 02:49 AM
Dauntae

Don't know about the retracts yet, I have a set of Dave Brown retracts but I'm not sure they will fit, As for the Pitts muffler, Bisson has one but I plan on getting the plane and measuring to see if it will fit inside the cowl before I order it. I want to span the spending out a little because the budget is going to be a little tight for play money because my company is switching to pay every 2 weeks so I will have a week with no pay next week and I don't want to have to hit up the savings account for the toys, But I should have it all in a few weeks and will let you know what I find out.

Dauntae
Old 01-19-2009, 12:55 PM
chopper man

Has anyone received this plane as of yet. I'm think of pulling the trigger. Would like to see what you all think of it before I order.
Thanks

chopper
Old 01-19-2009, 12:59 PM
KentuckyColonel

All of the VQ planes I have owned have been winners. I would just go ahead and go for it!
Old 01-19-2009, 01:55 PM
nemesis4u

GENTS... THEY ARE INSTOCK... ready to ship!

http://www.vqwarbirds.com/products/aircraft/p51d.html

I have lots of photos for you to look at...

Just choose the DAGO RED from the drop down menu and order!

any questions just drop me an email... [email protected]

-TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
www.vqwarbirds.com
Old 01-21-2009, 07:10 PM
chopper man

Well I did it. The Dago Red with the 70 4 stroke. This will be my first VQ so I hope I will not be disappointed. First war bird as well. Can't wait to get it. I haven't seen any emails as to when it will be shipped. Hopefully soon.

chopper
Old 01-21-2009, 07:31 PM
KentuckyColonel

I got the VQ FW 190 with the .70 4-stroke awhile back. You will not be disappointed. I did, however, find that the factory seting on the engine low end, is way off, at least 3 3/4 turns too rich. Even for break in.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:37 PM
chopper man

It's funny that you should say that because I'm running a Magnum 91 four stroke in a RV 4 and had the same problem. It's running great after the adjustment on the ground anyway. I have not been able to fly it after the adjustment. Hopefully this weekend.

chopper
Old 01-21-2009, 08:18 PM
KentuckyColonel

I have a Magnum 1.20 4-stroke in my Kyosho Spitfire 90. I have yet to maiden due to some other "technical" issues. Hopefully she'll go up on Monday. It also was way too rich on the low end out of the box.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.