Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

four stars showing discontinued

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

four stars showing discontinued

Old 07-31-2009, 08:15 PM
seahwk95
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default four stars showing discontinued

Just noticed on the tower site that the four star 40 and 60 arf (and kit) is now discontinued as well as the LT-40 arf. The 120 size 4 star is still on order. Anybody heard anything about this? I'm still fairly new to the hobby but seems like I've read that companies will cease production on models and bring them back later. I love my four star arf and was considering building a kit version when/if I found some time.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:54 PM
ChuckW

Default RE: four stars showing discontinued

This was brought up in the beginner forum. Tower Hobbies has discontinued them. In fact, it looks like they are clearing out all Sig products. Sig is still making all of the airplanes. You can get them direct from Sig, from a local hobby shop or other online vendors such as www.advantagehobby.com.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:22 AM
seahwk95
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the info
Old 08-01-2009, 08:26 AM
carrellh

Tower is just a retailer. Their definition of "discontinued" may or may not mean it is out of production.

If it is not one of the brands listed at http://www.bestrc.com (the GP/Hobbico conglomerate) it usually means they simply decided to stop selling it so they "discontinued" buying it from the manufacturer or distributor.

You can order all SIG products direct
http://www.sigmfg.com
They charge $8.99 for shipping if the order is less than $150.00 and the charge is waived for orders over $150.00
Old 08-01-2009, 11:15 AM
IAMKAOS

that's sad about sig. i built a few of their kits and have some of their earlier arfs. but i have read on other post's that the quality of their arf's has gone downhill. not properly glued wingjoints and some not glued at all and other problems.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:22 PM
GaryHarris

ORIGINAL: IAMKAOS

that's sad about sig. i built a few of their kits and have some of their earlier arfs. but i have read on other post's that the quality of their arf's has gone downhill. not properly glued wingjoints and some not glued at all and other problems.

I have a fairly new LT-40 ARF thats great! Maybe it's like anything else. Hit or miss.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:38 PM
ChuckW

ORIGINAL: IAMKAOS

Like I said, Sig is not gone. It just looks like Tower is not carrying them anymore. Heck it could have even been Sig's decision for all any of us know. Regardless, they are still here and still available, just not through Tower Hobbies.