Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

World Models or Airborne Models Tucano 60

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

World Models or Airborne Models Tucano 60

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 02:57 PM
albsurfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World Models or Airborne Models Tucano 60

SILVER.KIWI,
I was checking those out for another project. In an RCG forum, a guy was mentioning that he bought two sets and was having good operation out of them. One project was an EDF jet. The other was a warbird he was building.

I lost my Tucano a couple of months ago. I haven't had the $$ to replace it. I really like the airframe.
The nose gear mod I did was worth every penney on ground taxi & landings!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:45 PM
silver.kiwi

I have a set installed on a Black Horse PC-9 to replace the original factory air retracts which were complete junk. So far the Turnigy set are working very well but not without some initial "learning the hard way" problems. They seemed to be very sensitive to the voltage applied. They would test fine on the bench and then the nose gear wouldn't work when installed in the plane. After hours of hair pulling and aborted trips to the flying field and I finally figured out the only difference between the bench and the airplane was the 6.0 volt battery in the plane and the 4.8 volt one I used for bench testing. I switched to a 4.8 volt battery in the plane and have had no more problems. OBTW, Turnigy claims they are compatible with either battery.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Phat Reliant

Hi Guys, I bought a set of these some time ago: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._to_3_6kg.html

Good for .46 to .60 size, and right at the flying weight for my Tucano, I may just put them in when I finish the engine mount repairs. They are powered by a separate battery via it's own controller, worked both on a 4.8v NiMH, and a Life 6.0v

John.