Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Texas RC Bucker Jungman

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Texas RC Bucker Jungman

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 04:24 PM
clpahodges
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas RC Bucker Jungman

I just came across this Bucker Jungman on the Texas RC website. http://www.texasrcplanes.com/bujurcai.html It is the 51.2" version. Anyone have any experience with this plane or Texas RC? I have never dealt with them personally.

I have a special interest in this airplane. I knew the man who flew the full size plane. His name was Jim Moser (now deceased). He and his father operated Aerosport Inc. at the St. Augustine FL Airport and both flew aerobatics. Jim had the Bucker modified to suit his aerobatic purposes and designed the color scheme that is used on the model. However, the model is missing some of the graphics that Jim had on the real plane, such as his name, N number and a couple of other things. Easy enough to have these items made at the local graphics shop.

Jim was a very good pilot. I have watched him land a J-3 on one wheel and put that one wheel on a paper plate on every pass. He was also a very good model airplane pilot, flying both CL and RC.

I would really like to have a model of Jim's Bucker, but I was hoping to find out if this is a good quality model and also if Texas RC is a good outfit to do business with. Any help will be appreciated.

Here is photo of Jim in the Bucker and a Pitts pilot having a little fun over the beach at St. Augustine.

Bill Hodges

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35791.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	1372520  
Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 PM
clpahodges

Default RE: Texas RC Bucker Jungman

Someone out there must have done business with Texas RC. How about it?

Bill H.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:30 AM
av8djc
My Feedback: (4)

OK Bill here you go

I am a Bucker freak. I'm now getting deeper into electrics after 38 years in RC. So when I found the texasrcplanes.com Buckers I had to rush right out and buy one! I have had several conversations with Robert the owner and he is quite pleasant and customer oriented. I received my plane with a damaged lower wingtip so I called Robert to let him know and he wanted to send me a new wing! He would have had to bust another kit so I told him not to do that and I just fixed it. It was a minor repair. I bought the yellow 55" one and although I don't crash many planes this one died suddenly on the second flight due to my stupidity. The ARF was well built and flew so nicely I had to replace it. I called Robert again and he gave me a break on the freight.

The second plane was actually even better quality. On this particular version I found the battery hatch to be too small so I modified it and have a lot better access for my big hands and a bigger battery. Since I wanted to use a larger motor this mod was needed badly. It's flying now and I just love it. I would say you should order the plane given your relationship to the full scale owner. You will not be dissapointed with the model or the seller.

Nice picture BTW. I once owned a 7/8 scale Jungmeister with a 150hp Lycoming. At 500 lbs empty it was a rocket. The flying characteristics were the best I've flown and that includes Pitts and Eagles.

Let us know how it turns out.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:34 AM
clpahodges

Dave:

Thanks for the reply. Happy to hear good comments about Texas RC. I am going to go ahead and order one of the Buckers. I plan to add the graphics that Jim had on his plane.

Bill
Old 02-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have orderd a couple of planes from Robert the owner of Texas RC Planes,
he is a real stand up guy and puts his customer first ahead of anyhting else.
He will go out of his way to make sure that you are 110% satisfied and will
go out of his way to answer any questions you may have about any of the
airplanes he sells, point in case,the exact airplane you are interested in, I
ordered and when it arrived was found that the covering (yellow) was
semi-transparentand not to my liking, he not only agreed to take the plane
back, but paid the return freight also. Also got my purchased credited back
to my credit card very quickly. If you have any questions about any of his
products, don't hesitate to give him a call, a very enjoyable guy to chat with.
Have a suggestion to improve one of the planes that you have purchaed, let
him know, he will have the factory make any and all positive changes required
to have a better product.

Bill D.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:23 PM
clpahodges

Bill:

Thanks for the info. I am happy to hear that this is good place to do business with. I will be calling him on Monday to order the Bucker.

Bill H.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:56 AM
kojak41

[8D]I have bought three planes fron Texas RC and have had no problems. Kits are typical CMP quality, but the prices are very right and the final product will fly well after a little TLC. One day I called and the UPS guy was there making his daily pickup. They printed an address label, stuck it on a box, and ran it out the door to the UPS truck saving me a full day in shipping time. Then they came back to the phone and we completed the finacial details. You sure don't get that kind of service from other sources of ARFs. As sooon as I wreck my Explorer L I'm getting one of their Raiders.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:26 PM
clpahodges

Thanks kojak41. I like what I am hearing about Texas RC.

Bill H.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:49 PM
arkansas flyer
My Feedback: (4)

I was thinking of mounting a Saito FA 65 in a Bucker Jungman, Has anyone done this? any comments welcome. Does anyone know what the white one looks like? I read one of the comments on the yellow being sort of transparent.
thanks for any imput.
Keith