Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Goldberg Tiger 2 Replacement Wing

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Goldberg Tiger 2 Replacement Wing

Old 08-25-2010, 09:36 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg Tiger 2 Replacement Wing

I have a complete Tiger 2 fuse that I was given when I purchased a Tiger 60 kit from a club member. With the Tiger 2 being out of stock everywhere and possibly extinct I was hoping to find a similiar wing that I could fit to the Tiger 2 with some minor modifications. Does anyone know of a wing from another aircraft that might fit the Tiger 2's wing saddle? The length of the chord at the center of the wing is approximately 12 inches if that helps. Some options that initially came to mind were either a Great Planes Cherokee or a Sig 4 Star 40.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:50 AM
irocbsa

Default RE: Goldberg Tiger 2 Replacement Wing

From a little bit of research I've done, two possible matches in terms of span and area are the Phoenix Models Dolphin and the Tower Voyager. Does anyone have and exact measurement of the chord length on either of these wings? Rough calculations yielded number that look like they would work but if anyone could actually take a measurement of your wing it would appreciated!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:41 AM
G_Brill

I have a voyager and a tiger 2, The tiger has a wider wing and is not even close.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:29 AM
irocbsa

Thanks! My calculations showed that the Voyager wing might be about 1.5 inches short. I was thinking I might be able to modify the wing saddle if I had to, but if it's not even close then I won't bother.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:49 AM
Pilotsmoe

How about This? http://www.texasrcplanes.com/lonestar50lw.html Looks like a Chinese knockoff of the tiger 2. I might have to buy it
Old 08-29-2010, 04:45 AM
ameyam

Find someone who has built the Tiger2- 60, take the plans from him and build the wing yourself. That way you can control what you want in terms of build quality. The tiger wing does not have a taper /sweep etc so as long as you can find one section, you can build it from that.

FYI, Phoenix models also has a Tiger 60 but I dont know what the chord is. I have the Phoenix Tiger 40

BTW, I think that supply problems from the chinese companies building the CG planes have caused availability issues, otherwise CG Tigers were best sellers

Ameyam
Old 04-24-2023, 12:08 PM
DavejPerez

Wing on Tiger two measures 62 x 11 I'm also looking for a wing