RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Giant Scale ARF's - WAR BIRDS (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/108942-giant-scale-arfs-war-birds.html)

MorrisHobbies1 04-18-2002 02:35 AM

Giant Scale ARF's - WAR BIRDS

We hope to release some Giant Scale War Birds very soon. Which airplanes would you like us to build? We would like suggestions from you about design, size, and engine. If you get time leave a reply.

Thanks,

Matt Jolley

Jazzy 04-18-2002 02:45 AM

Warbird ARFs

I'd really like to see a P-40 Warhawk!(.60-.90 2S/.91-1.20 4S size)
optional retracts: mech or air
1/6-1/4 scale

Please?

Thanks,
Jeff

capthis 04-18-2002 03:16 AM

I wouldn't mind to see a zero! 120 size would be great! Thanks, I love your fun flyes!

MANFRED 04-18-2002 03:42 AM

BEARCAT-HELLCAT-JAPANESE WW2

JERRY L 04-18-2002 03:43 AM

I would like a zero and a p/47 rasor back in the 2.4/ 3.2 gas engine size. thank you very much,,,

Duayne P 04-18-2002 03:59 AM

Any of the WWII era planes, as long as it is gas powered 2.4 and bigger, and at a price the average flyer can afford. Thanks

molchaser 04-18-2002 04:01 AM

120 to 160 Spitefire/P47/Corsair

Allied planes please !!!

Jax RC-RCU 04-18-2002 06:51 AM

Spitfire Mk 14 or Mk 22 would be nice. The Bearcat also or the Zero. Too many P-40's and P-47's already.

GrnBrt 04-18-2002 07:50 AM

SBD/dauntless, Zero, Stuka, Me (BF) 109

Why not be a little different and offer ARF's and ARC's???

Geistware 04-18-2002 08:08 AM

I like the look of the SPitfire, Hurrican, and Zero.
Big enough for a small gas engine

kroflite54 04-18-2002 08:16 AM

gentleman

to your question as to what warbird arf we would like to see built,i will would have to say the AD-Skyraider.only one mfg has the arf and its a 60 size.they are an awesome looking plane.i favor the 90-120 size,

thanks ; ken

heavy date-RCU 04-18-2002 09:47 AM

Anything but the same old planes

Hows about we see some planes that are not modeled for a change.
Hellcat, Bearcat, ME-109, SBD, TBF. The list could go on forever and never see the same old stuff.
Twins would also be real nice. Not many of them out there at all.
Another nice thing would be various paint schemes maybe 2 or 3 for each plane. Or an ARP All Ready to Paint version.
Just thoughts.
Hans

TLH101 04-18-2002 11:18 AM

OK Matt, you asked for it. How about some 80" ARC's, (or almost ready to finish) like a Stuka, P-39, P-40, Mig-3, Yak-9, Kate, Val......................... you get the idea. Use good quality wood, with glass parts, and good, or no hardware. Leave out the cheesy foam wheels, spinners and gadgets. Set them up for readly available off the shelf retracts.
Terry

TLH101 04-18-2002 11:19 AM

Oh yea, and 2 piece wings!

AJF--2 04-18-2002 11:27 AM

Any plane in the 80"WS area that is IMAA legal. As you read the posts in this forum, it seems the ones that get a lot of attention is the small thru med gas engines--G23-45cc. These can be had for a reasonable amount of money and provide great economy and sound--retracts schould be an option--(I hate to see a warbird screaming by with the 2 stroke sound)-Also- make them solid colors for individual markings...please--NO FAKE PANEL LINES!

vatechguy3 04-18-2002 11:35 AM

something new:
mig-7, mig-3, yak-9.
they don't have to have an 80 inch wing to be imaa legal, just 1/4 scale. but with provision for retracts!!! nothing worsethan a scale bids with fixed gear!!

Texas 3D 04-18-2002 01:16 PM

German birds

I would love to see some German Warbirds in a 90 or 120 size such as ME110, Stuka, JU88, and specially the HEINKEL 51 :eek: . I do not recall that this bipe is available from anybody as an ARF or ARC. let me know if you will produce some German birds. I'll offer myself for testflying :D

rcavi8ter 04-18-2002 01:24 PM

Warbirds

I would be interested in a Hellcat or a Bearcat how about even a P-38 or a Tigercat. Something you don't see often enough. As for non American, I like the lines of the mig3. I think most manufactures are going with the 1.20 size. I would like small gas like 1.4 to 2.4 size. And make sure you make a twin of some kind.
The planes to have flaps as well as set up for retracts. Stay away from plasic and do not use shelf paper. ARFs in primer would be the best that way everyone gets to pick their own scheme.

Chris

rc34074 04-18-2002 03:35 PM

i would like a MK IX spit, and fw190a5 or a8, and a zero- not sure which zero agm5 i think. they should be set up to balance with gas engines and be in the 80-88 inch wingspan range. also set up for retracts of course. separate aileron servos and flap servos. it would be better if it was arc but arf is ok if done in a basic scheme that we could detail, also need cockpit kit. try to get the profiles close to scale, please. make the retract mounts strong.

eness76-RCU 04-18-2002 04:43 PM

BF109

I'd love to see a 120 size Messerschmitt 109. Two Piece wing, 120-180 size, as I see it, in scale modeling this could very well be 80" or over, I mean, I'm not looking for 3D power to weight in a scale airplane. The 109 that won Top Gun last year I believe was only powered by a Moki 180. Perhaps a FW190 as well. All retract ready.
On the allied side of things, I'd have to agree, a Hellcat would be one bad*** bird, set up for air rotating retracts for reliabilty's sake. I'm not sure the readily available mechanical rotating retracts are up to the task of a 15lb warbird, but I could be wrong.

Carlos Murphy 04-18-2002 05:39 PM

Giant scale, yes...

Most of the ARF's that have been mentioned here are already on the market in one form or another. World has two sizes of Zero's, the big one has yet to be released but it's on the way.
They were the first to offer a twin Mustang and now the giant scale version of the D model (got one). H9 just released a new 60 size Mustang with retracts installed and it's quality has set a new standard (just got one yesterday) There are all kinds of 25 to 60 size war birds out there but we need "bigger".
Great Planes has the Stuka (got one) and VK has a A-26 Havoc for 52 four strokes. Kyosho use to have a DC-3 (got one). What I see a market for is giant scale planes both military and civilian.
100 inch war birds including P-38's, B-25's, Spitfires, Corsair's, Wolf's and Fury's. Maybe a Cessna 410 or a Beach 18.
I know were talkin mo money but this is a hobby, money's no object, right?

OH YA, I would be more than happy to assemble, evaluate and do an article on any plane you should decide to produce. Just ship it to Sheldon's and I'll pick it up.

jetmex-RCU 04-18-2002 05:45 PM

My choices:

IAR-80, Aichi D3A Val, Kawasaki Ki-61/Ki-100, Junkers Ju-88, Hawker Typhoon or Tempest, Martin B-26 Marauder, Savoia Marchetti SM-79. 76-80 inch wingspans on the single engine airplanes, 80-100 inches for the twins.

How about some kits, for those of us who like to build?

paladin 04-18-2002 06:40 PM

I vote for a Focke Wulf 190 D-9! I am waiting with baited breath for the World vertion. But I'll not commit $ untill I here from other modelers that the following criteria have been met:
- landing gear mounts are strong enought to go 100flights with no problems (including bad or not perfict touchdowns).
- The kit comes with flaps and set up for retracts.
- The engine mount/firewall must last 100flights with out a problem.
- The covering is available to me over the counter.
- The scale outline is good, not designed to fit in a box.

I would like to see a entire line of warbirds, size does not matter to me ( I've flown them all), but available controls do. I just finished putting flaps on a Kyosho Me109 so it would have them. I plan to weight, and fly it tomorrow; I expect 6-7# but with flaps it should be ok. I think the next part of the market to be hit by ARF's will be in the .60(2cycle), 1.2(4cycle) and if it hitts all the points listed above it will be a winner. But you already know that.

If you are interested I would be glad to help with the design of any landing gear mounts if I can. I have yet to find a ARF that will hold up as well as my own built models in this area. The Kyosoh is the beefiest I've seen but the material selection is still alittle off. They use lite ply, three layers of it. How meny layers of lite ply does it take to = putting in a peace of marine ply?

splais 04-18-2002 07:00 PM

You're Morris Hobbies/MVVS, Correct...

how about some 1/4 scale or less warbirds (both WW1 and WW2) to utilize the new small converted gas engines like your MVVS 1.60 and 2.10 Gassers. Something in the 10-12 pound range with great performance. And please an ARF or at least an ARC - no kits.

Duayne P 04-18-2002 10:26 PM

We have a lot of .40 -120 birds. Granted they are only of the popular ones, ie mustang, corsair, zero and more. None for a gas engine. Not the G23, but a 2.4 or larger. Would like to see that.