RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   OLD Hangar 9 Super Cub Manual (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/11650101-old-hangar-9-super-cub-manual.html)

cjtyped 06-13-2018 03:26 PM

OLD Hangar 9 Super Cub Manual

looking for an assembly manual for the old model. Red and white, N2496A. Tried Hangar 9/ Horizon Models. They've never heard of it. Can anyone point me somewhere on the web?
thanks in advance

MarkC99 02-03-2020 08:51 AM

I have the same question, same plane & tail number?

52larry52 02-08-2020 08:23 PM

The manual you seek for your 100" H-9 Super Cub in actually a 2 plane combination manual as it covers both the 100" J-3 Cub and the 100" Super Cub of the same era. The two planes share the very same airframe with different color covering, a different cowl, and Flaps added to the Super Cub model. I picked up a used J-3 version about 10 yrs ago and was able to find the manual on line at Horizon Hobby back then, and printed a copy. (BTY the manual has a copyright date of 2002 so these are old planes) If you have any specific questions I would be happy to look them up in the manual for you but I have no way of coping it for you and I still have the J-3 Cub and won't sell the Manual. These are very good flying Cubs and worth any effort needed to get them flying. Again, ask questions and I will research it in the manual.

MarkC99 02-09-2020 09:13 AM

Hi neighbor (Adairsville). What brand is the plane and where do they recommend the CG to be?
Thanks

Originally Posted by 52larry52 (Post 12581958)
The manual you seek for your 100" H-9 Super Cub in actually a 2 plane combination manual as it covers both the 100" J-3 Cub and the 100" Super Cub of the same era. The two planes share the very same airframe with different color covering, a different cowl, and Flaps added to the Super Cub model. I picked up a used J-3 version about 10 yrs ago and was able to find the manual on line at Horizon Hobby back then, and printed a copy. (BTY the manual has a copyright date of 2002 so these are old planes) If you have any specific questions I would be happy to look them up in the manual for you but I have no way of coping it for you and I still have the J-3 Cub and won't sell the Manual. These are very good flying Cubs and worth any effort needed to get them flying. Again, ask questions and I will research it in the manual.

52larry52 02-09-2020 03:39 PM

MarkC99, The planes in question are the Hanger 9 Super Cub #N2496A, and the Hanger 9 J-3 Cub #NC41983. Both ARFs are cloth covered, red and cream for the SC, Cub yellow for the J-3, both have a 100" wingspan, and were sold thru Horizon Hobbies from about 2000 to 2006. The recommended C/G range for both planes (remember they are both the same plane with only detail differences) is 4 3/4" to 5" behind the leading edge. I fly mine at 4 3/4" behind the leading edge and am quite pleased with it. It's a large scale model of a general aviation airplane and mine gets flown in a scale fashion. The recommended control throws for these planes are as follows; AILERONS 5/8"up and 1/2" down. ELEVATOR 7/8" up and 7/8" down. RUDDER 1 1/2" left and right. FLAPS (Super Cub) 1 1/2" down. FLAP/ELEVATOR MIX (Super Cub) 3/8" down at full (1 1/2") down flap. I used these recommended throws on my J-3 Cub version of this plane and again, it flies very well. Use these set up specs and your Super Cub should bring a smile to your face. Hope this helps you. BTY I used to fly at Taildraggers up in Cartersville near you, but have since moved to the Ocala Florida area and have not updated my RCU profile information (not in Villa Rica anymore).

MarkC99 02-09-2020 04:20 PM

Thanks! PM sent.

52larry52 02-09-2020 08:55 PM

Yea, Ocala...typo! I think Taildraggers RC in Cartersville is currently without a flying field, not sure of their status. Ditto for Bartow County Model Aviation. Big Sky RC in Menlo, Ga. may be an option for you.

MarkC99 02-10-2020 08:58 AM

It appears that Bartow County Model Aviation club is still active. I see 2020 events planned, and only 30 minutes away. As I said in the PM, since I can fly from my back door I hadn't really considered joining another club since moving where I am now. But, I've found that flying by my self is not near as fun as with other people. I hadn't even looked to see if any clubs were in the area. Thanks for bringing it up.