RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Minicraft Cessna 182 Build and Flight Report (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/2193339-minicraft-cessna-182-build-flight-report.html)

Rod Robbins 10-21-2004 08:19 PM

RE: Minicraft Cessna 182 Build and Flight Report

ORIGINAL: hosam

Actually Minicraft is who supplies Hanger 9 with most if not all their planes. They are the designer and manufacturer and H9 just buys from them, usually covered in a different scheme...
That would certainly explain things in this case! :)

Thanks for the info.

-- Rod

RustyTumbles 10-22-2004 05:02 AM

Darrden,

That wouldn't be Bob godfrey would it? From WPMAC?

RustyTumbles 10-22-2004 05:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a few shots of the cessna with the new nose strut. I hope this cures the ground handling problems! It doesn't look as neat with the nose wheel pant missing, but once I repair it I'll put it back on.

I also read in another forum about the GP cessna 182, that the stall characteristics I experienced on the maiden were very similar to that particular GP cessna. Which was cured by turning the aileron celvises out two turns. Apparently the ailerons can sit slightly low when setup by the eye and pushing them up slightly will cure the bad stall characteristics.

Has anyone heard of this before? I will do another stall this weekend when I go flying and see what happens..... I also checked the lateral balance which seems fine.

darrden 10-23-2004 02:06 AM

Hi Bigsport,
Yes it is Bob Godfrey. I just read through all your posts and I see you are a member of WPMAC also. I work nearly every weekend so my flying days are either Thursday or Friday. I mostly have the field to myself (except for the magpie!!), its good for flying but I do miss talking to the other guys and seeing their planes etc. If you fly during the week maybe we could catch up some time.

Regards
Dash

P-40LUVR 10-23-2004 09:10 AM

Bigsport....how did you're balance come out with that 50FX in her..im thinking of installing a Magnum 70 FS.

P-40LUVR 10-23-2004 09:41 AM

Where do I buy this Minicraft 182?
I went to the site to buy one of these 349.00 for a 40 size plane...NOT!

RustyTumbles 10-24-2004 02:39 AM

I try and get to the field on a tuesday if I am working a night shift, I fly some powered then I get my glider out! Bob broke his cap this saturday not sure what went wrong, but apparently a local resident was using an RC car on a FM frequency and caused another plane to crash. Not sure if bob suffered the same problem. The scale rally was on today and the turn out was quite good despite the threatening weather. I flew to cessna again today and all was well. The longer strut and steering arm seemed to solve the ground handling problems. I just have to hold a little up elevator on the takeoff run, then when the nose comes up just ease off if and let it climb away nicely. The stall still has the sudden roll to the right but the plane is almost at a stand still when this happens, so its not a big deal. I did have some engine problems today. I'm not sure what was causing the coughing and spluttering but it did give me some nervious moments. Like when I did a slow low level pass and went to throttle on a she coughed for a few seconds as the throttle was advanced. It did regain some power and I climbed away safely. (THANK GOD)!!!!

The model was purchased from www.hstore.com.au

There service is excellent and I believe they do overseas orders as well.

The balance was spot on the mark (3 1/2" behind the leading edge) with the battery pack (6V) mounted under the fuel tank and the two elevator servos mounted just behind the servo tray. I think this spot on as when she rolls inverted very little down elevator is needed to maintain level flight. (not that a cessna is designed to do that) But all in all it is a very stable and fun to fly model.

Zeneith 10-25-2004 04:39 AM

Unfortunately, I got the information that the Minicraft will close the factory soon as the designer seperate to set a new team.

NewAussieRCUser 09-21-2019 07:38 PM

Hi RustyTumbles,
I recently bought this same Minicraft Cessna as a new in box kit from a deceased estate. Only problem is that it did not have a manual with it. The family couldn’t find it when cleaning up their fathers collection.
Would you still have a copy of your manual?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards