RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Model Tech P-51 ARC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/3435286-model-tech-p-51-arc.html)

tcraftpo 10-08-2005 01:37 PM

Model Tech P-51 ARC

I was able to obtain a Model Tech P-51 ARC:D from a neighbor who didn't want it laying around any more. Well, I figured out why...most of the fairing items are missing and numerous other items.[:o] What do you want for free. This ARC from Model Tech has long been discontinued and they don't support the parts any more. I was wondering if any one would know where I may be able to find parts to purchase. I would say it's a 60 size airplane and I do have the instructions. Any help would be great.:D

f16-falcon 08-03-2010 04:44 PM

RE: Model Tech P-51 ARC

Hello Sir,

I was just wondering if you still had this Model Tech P-51...
Thanks

Falcon1.

tcraftpo 08-03-2010 08:18 PM

Falcon 1,

I do actually still have the P51...still in the attic, still in the same state as the original post...some 5 years ago.

f16-falcon 08-04-2010 09:01 PM

Thank you for the fast reply....

What's going on is...... I too have this kit but with no assembly manual[>:] making my build very hard and I was wondering if I may get a copy of the assembly manual. You would be helping me a great deal in getting this warbird in the sky. If the manual is not to big I was thinking maybe some pictures and sent by Email..( If it's not to much trouble )

With out the manual I don't know if I'm missing any parts! the kit looks like it's all there....But ???. Also would you ever think of parting with you're kit and if so for what? It may be good to have as back up parts (just in case).. But mainly I do need help with the manual. Thank you once again.

Falcon1.

Truckracer 08-04-2010 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: f16-falcon

Thank you for the fast reply....

What's going on is...... I too have this kit but with no assembly manual[>:] making my build very hard and I was wondering if I may get a copy of the assembly manual. You would be helping me a great deal in getting this warbird in the sky. If the manual is not to big I was thinking maybe some pictures and sent by Email..( If it's not to much trouble )

With out the manual I don't know if I'm missing any parts! the kit looks like it's all there....But ???. Also would you ever think of parting with you're kit and if so for what? It may be good to have as back up parts (just in case).. But mainly I do need help with the manual. Thank you once again.

Falcon1.

I still have one of these kits NIB .... somewhere in a friends garage! If interested, let me know via PM.

tcraftpo 08-05-2010 10:01 AM

Falcon1,

I will email you the manual once I get home; i'm away on business right now and will be home Sunday night. I will be able to scan it and email it to you on Monday when I get back to the office. If you want it faster I think I contacted Model Tech and they sent me one, although I think it was mailed because I don't see it on my computer. Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Pat

f16-falcon 08-06-2010 04:35 PM

Thank you Pat,

A email would be just fine.... And a great help!. Please send it to ( [email protected] ) I'll
try to upload a pic.

tcraftpo 08-08-2010 09:02 AM

Falcon1,

I found the paper copy of the manual and will scan and email it to you tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Pat

tcraftpo 08-10-2010 08:06 AM

Falcon1,

I emailed you the P51 manual yesterday and was wondering if you had received it? It was around 25 pages or so.

Bilster101 11-04-2013 06:01 PM

Hey Pat I too have an original P-51 Model tech ARC .60-.91 bhp Kit and like Falcon one have every thing but assy Manual I would be happy to compensate you for your time and trouble in e mailing a copy of it Need any Radios or motors or hardware I would be happy to help with it Thanks Bill V ( [email protected]) Again any help is greatly appreciated Thanks again

JET FX 11-14-2013 12:20 AM

Great flying model... I have had two myself first with OS 91FS and second and fav. YS91 AC powered. I scaled my two out improved looks using the TopFlite P51D canopy and sheeted wings. Robart retracts, Mustang wheels and scale oleos. Approx 10 lb AUW from memory. It likes to be flown onto the ground when landing using flaps like a proper fighter should (not a floater). I used to have pics. in my gallery but looks like with the RCU changes no more pics....?? :o(

CBtegus 04-25-2016 10:36 PM

Hi guys
By a y chances some has a copy of the manual for the p-51 arc Model tech. But One but no manual in the box. Be very thank full if some can help me
Carlo balletta

f16-falcon 04-29-2016 04:43 AM

Carlo,

Sorry! long gone.

F1.

CWRiley 02-10-2020 08:35 AM

I know it is 2020 but do you sill have a copy of the Model Tech Manual (and drawings) that I can get?

thank you.

Charles Riley

f16-falcon 02-10-2020 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by CWRiley (Post 12582229)
I know it is 2020 but do you sill have a copy of the Model Tech Manual (and drawings) that I can get?

thank you.

Charles Riley

Charles,

No such luck. I sold all that stuff a long time ago.

Charles

Corsairacobra 02-10-2020 09:11 PM

Charles Riley,

I have a copy of the manual, I'll take it to work tomorrow and scan it.

Scott

CWRiley 02-11-2020 05:34 AM

Thank you.

Charlie Riley

CWRiley 02-11-2020 06:27 AM

Please note that I found what was I thought the manual from a site in England. When I downloaded the file it is an ARF version. My version is pre-built but needs covering and assembly and takes a 1.2 engine.

Charles Riley

Corsairacobra 02-11-2020 07:35 PM

Model Tech P-51 ARC manual

Charles,

The manual is for the almost ready to cover (ARC) but its for the .60 to .90 size. Maybe you are meaning a 1.20 four stroke?

I'm having trouble uploading the pdf, I'll send you a PM.

Scott

CWRiley 02-14-2020 10:36 AM

Model Tech P51D ARC Manual

If possible can I too receive a copy of the manual? Will compensate for your trouble.

C. Riley

Corsairacobra 02-14-2020 03:43 PM

C. Riley,

I can't post the PDF, I keep getting a failure. Other PDF's upload fine, I don't know if there is a version issue or what? Send an email to me at [email protected] and I'll send it too you. No compensation necessary.

Scott