RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   H9 1/4 cap 232-gas tank installation???? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/55419-h9-1-4-cap-232-gas-tank-installation.html)

flynm 02-16-2002 05:51 AM

H9 1/4 cap 232-gas tank installation????

Hi Guys,

I need some help on gas tank installation on my h9 cap 232. The tank fits tight, did you protect it from vibration? Also the tubing is very close to the firewall, any suggestions?

I put a Saito 180 in mine. The tank is well below the carb needle valve. Will this be a problem or does the engine have enough sucking power?

Initially I put a fueler in the cowling, but could seem to prime the engine any hints???

Right now I have three lines coming from the tank. One to the engine, one to the muffler, and one hanging out of the bottom of the cowl with a screw in it. The last one (out of the cowl) is for fueling. Is this the correct way to do it? How do I empty the tank without putting another clunk in the tank (at this point, it is just a piece of brass tubing through the cap).

Thanks for the help with all these questions.

BTW, I love this site, much faster and easier than RCO.

Dan

Dazzler 02-16-2002 01:40 PM

Put a clunk on the 3rd line, that way you can use that as your refueling, and defueling port. Secure your tank with some silicon adhesive to protect against vibration. You should not have a problem with the fuel draw as long as your tank is mounted in the standard location. Daz...

rumble2 02-16-2002 02:01 PM

remote fueler

don't use a remote fueler with the big saito or any high fuel flow engine. there has been many reports of fuel delivery problems when useing them. i love them on my 91 saitos and smaller but have had lean out problems on larger engines. the 3 line system works great just remember to plug{air tight} the fill line.

Rocketman612 02-16-2002 02:22 PM

Fuel tank

The 3 line tank works fine. just put a clunk on your fill line. Agree that the 2 line system with a remote fueler is a problem... Pete

PlaneDoc 02-17-2002 01:15 AM

Fuel Tank

Yep, stay away from the remote fuelers. I use a fuel dot, neat and simple installation

TOYMAKER 02-17-2002 04:24 AM

fuel tank location

I put the tank on mine just behind the former at the wing ( on C.G.) I put the battery and throttle servo in the tank area. Balanced with no extra weight. I need to move C.G. back a little so moving the battery will be easy. I am using a Perry pump on my S.T. 2300. Flies great and and balance of the plane remains constant. Good till the last drop. Today I discovered an 18x8 wood Simitar prop worked great. I use a third line in the tank with a fuel dot. I dont use a clunk so I have to hold the plane level when defueling but works just fine.

wildthng 02-19-2002 04:40 AM

My 1st h9 cap had a saito 150 with the 3 line 2 clunk set up with a 24 oz that was siliconed in and it worked great till my elevater servo came unhooked.Never had any problems starting it but electric starters solve that problem when you can,t prime.

flynm 02-19-2002 07:36 AM

Thanks men, these hints are what I needed.

Dan