RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   New Great Planes Revolver (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/6116736-new-great-planes-revolver.html)

CustomPC 07-16-2007 06:55 AM

New Great Planes Revolver

1 Attachment(s)
This Plane just shot straight to the top of my most wanted list.

http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1018.html

MinnFlyer 07-16-2007 08:16 AM

RE: New Great Planes Revolver

It sure is perty

ro347 07-16-2007 11:47 AM

WOW! Thats pretty sweet!

Sherman 07-16-2007 02:30 PM

I think it looks like a terrific airplane. I have a TT Pro 46 not in us, so plan to use it if it is enough power (it should be). I take it that it is not 3D (not into that). Also wonder if it needs a pitts style muffler (hope not). Will wait awhile as I'm sure as soon as it is out, the reports will follow.

hetr 07-16-2007 03:40 PM

This is a great looking plane for sure - has gone to the top of my shopping list for next years plane -- am eager to see reviews of those who get now. Am not really into 3d, but love tossing a plane around anyhow - so a sport aaerobat this seems to be.
Also wondering about muffler, and found if you check out the build manual for it - pg. 17 ==
"If you installed a two-stroke engine, attach a Pitts-style in-cowl muffler. The stock muffler could also be used,
but excessive cutting of the cowl would be necessary. We suggest using a Pitts-style muffler as shown in the picture."

SunShyne 07-16-2007 03:54 PM

ooo, I like this one, just big enough to throw into the car and burn some holes in the sky.

Wonder what the price will be?

Kostas1 07-16-2007 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the official page of Great Planes Revolver ARF

;)
What a good looking plane it is....thinking of buying mine and throw an OS 55AX and 11x6 APC prop....it will be fast as a rocket!!!!!!!
LOOOOLOLololoLOLOOOLloLOlolOLLOlolOLOLOolloloLOLoL OlOLolOLoOL

[link=http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1018.html]GreatPlanes REVOLVER ARF[/link]

And here is the video (as always broadband recommended):[link=http://video1.hobbico.com/gallery/gpm/gpma1018-deluxe.mpg]Video BIG[/link]

SunShyne 07-16-2007 07:26 PM

the sales page on Tower can be seen here: http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../gpma1018.html

price isnt bad at all for a 60" model. I have a few 46fx's, and a Saito 72 laying around so I think im gonna get one, looks to be fun!

ChuckW 07-16-2007 08:28 PM

It's definitely a cool looking plane. I may consider it down the road. I just hope the Monokote is better than the Venus ARF I just bought. I wasn't sure if it was an airplane or a prune when I opened the box. Nothing that an iron, heat gun and a lot of time couldn't make better though.

WMB 07-18-2007 07:36 PM

That does look nice! Isn't 7 lbs going to be a bit on the portly side for the wing and engine size? 6 lbs sounds much better if possible. It's nice to see new stuff that isn't aimed at the 3-D market.

Chuck W- Did you get everything smoothed down on the Venus? I got a lot out of mine, but it still had some good wrinkles that no amount of heat could shrink down. [:@]

hetr 07-20-2007 10:32 AM

we'll just have to wait and see when they hit circulation - and see reports when they start coming online.
l got a hangar 9 pulse xt last year and just double-checked the specs on it - they show 8 to 9.5 lbs!!!! a 59" winspan/50" length for electric, or a 46 glow, or up to saito 82 -- l dont know the weight of mine actually but an evolution 46 hauls it around fantastically -- sometimes one has to wonder on the weights shown -- now this one has foam and sheeted wing so that may add some weight (?)

and yes - it is great to have something NOT aimed at 3D - there are still some of us preferring sport / fun with the ability to go wild once in a while!

Kostas1 07-20-2007 03:48 PM

Well can we see a REVIEW OF IT quickly??????????????[:-]

P-51B 07-20-2007 04:11 PM

We thought YOU were writing the review Kostas1[sm=confused.gif]

reincarnate 07-20-2007 07:03 PM

Somebody just write it!!:D I'm with DiabloKid. Ive got a WM Cap 232 that's either going to get an OS 55AX or a Saito .72. I think the Revolver may get the other.

ChuckW 07-20-2007 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: WMB

Chuck W- Did you get everything smoothed down on the Venus? I got a lot out of mine, but it still had some good wrinkles that no amount of heat could shrink down. [:@]
I got almost all of them out. There are a few on the horizontal stab that are pretty much permanent but they aren't the end of the world.

Sherman 07-21-2007 12:06 AM

Well, hetr. You're right, the manual says the weight is 8 = 9.5 lbs on the Pulse XT. However, on the internet site, they give the weight (with glow ), as 5.5 - 6.25 lbs. That is one big difference. I also have a Pulse powered by a TT 46Pro, and it flies very well, but I don't have a scale, so haven't weighed it, although I do not think it is any 8 to 9.5 lbs. I am very interested in the revolver, but don't want to get a poor performing plane because it is too heavy for the TT 46 I plan to use. It will be interesting to see what the actual weight turns out to be.

CustomPC 07-21-2007 12:19 AM

I have an Enya .61CX which will be ideal for this plane.

I hope the Australian Great Planes importer brings them in.

PTS 08-02-2007 12:37 AM

We received the Revolver today and all I can say is that the quality is very nice. No negatives! My 10 year old son is going to build this with a little supervision. Will post pics soon. The only thing that I am changing is the tires from China foam to GP Rubber, and also going to a Dave Brown spinner rather than the supplied unit which I had problems staying tight in the past. Great Planes really stepped the quality up...

Perry

Tailspincharlie 08-03-2007 12:12 AM

I am receiving mine This comming Monday can hardly wait. I have an evo 46 that i plan to put in it. I have been running a Spad 40 size with the Evo and it hauls it around pretty good. It's pretty heavy. Sweet plane.
Tailspincharlie

Ustick 08-03-2007 12:50 AM

I think it looks great! A YS 63 would work fantastic in this plane. It's refreshing to see something new that isn't 3D.

SunShyne 08-03-2007 02:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Ustick

I think it looks great! A YS 63 would work fantastic in this plane. It's refreshing to see something new that isn't 3D.
most agreed!

Kostas1 08-03-2007 03:17 AM

PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE~~~~~POST SOME PICS
:D:D:D:D:D:D[8D]:D:D:D:D:D:D

pilotpete2 08-03-2007 11:48 AM

I spoke with Gordon Banks of RC Report last week and they have one on the way for a review, but I doubt I will be willing to wait until they can publish a formal review, those Tower gift certificates from my Bday just HAVE to be used[8D]
I too am interested to see if the engine can be mounted so the stock muffler can be under the plane, I hate to go with a Pitts style due to having to play with the outlets to get the back pressure correct, I'm having that issue right now with a Goldberg (BIY) Extra 300. and Slimline Pitts, even one outlet plugged is not enough, but then the outlet on the stock muffler is way smaller than even the single outlet on the Slimline
I have a recently broken in Evo .61NT that should be plenty of power for the Revolver, currently it's sitting on the front half of the fuselage of my H9 Twist 60 (yes there are two halves to the fuse now:eek:), which needs major repair that I won't get into until building season.
One thing I am interested to see is if the LG positioning will make it have a tendency to nose over on grass, this has been a gripe with the Reactor that GP released a little earlier, we have one at our field and it flies like it's on rails[8D]
Regards to All,
Pete

150flyer 08-04-2007 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of the Revolver I'm building using an OS .55AX and the stock muffler. The stock muffler requires some creative cutting. I used a Pitts style muffler on another .55AX and kept having trouble with the stingers developing cracks and even breaking off. If you remove the baffle, the stock P-Box muffler produces more power anyway.

brewski 08-04-2007 06:19 AM

Looks like the P-Box works out well on the 55. Nice work! How does it balance with the 55 AX? I would love to put a Tower 75 on this plane but it is ~4 ozs. heavier. I think I could move the battery back to take care of it. The Revolver is definitely at the top of my list.