RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/6494380-top-flite-b-25-arf-tecnical-tips-suggestions.html)

dthomp8007 02-06-2008 09:05 AM

RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Hey Tim,

Called Robart yesterday and asked them for an update on the B-25 gear, they said Tower would have all of the backorders filled by friday. So I hope we both will get what we need.

Thanks again for sending the link to the product Mang. I live under the idea that if you dont ask or let someone know what you want you will never get it :-)

Devin

krproton 02-06-2008 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, hey Devin.

Thanks for doing the legwork and for the update. That's good news.

Yea, our system has a couple of purchase orders posted, meaning the paperwork has been started so the gear should be on the way soon (or already is).

Thanks again.

Tim

By the way, I used a #11 blade to clean up the flashing on the plastic hubs and wheel covers (Robart wheels), then scuffed them up a little with 400-grit wet/dry, then painted them aluminum.

I also sanded and painted the nacelles. (I know, I'm crazy.)[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

camdyson 02-07-2008 12:00 AM

krproton's catching the disease.........:) Bomb bay doors? I can help with the servo geometry now:D

FliteMetal 02-07-2008 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These might be beneficial:

camdyson 02-08-2008 07:20 AM

Tip for today:

9mm 4-40 phillips screws for mounting the cowl ring support tabs are TOO SHORT. Only pick up a turn or so in the blind nuts - note
Norm's earlier comments about them vibrating loose regularly, no wonder.

Replace them (all 16...) with 4-40 cap head 1/2" (ie about 12.5mm) bolts and no more problem - screw right in as they should.

Cam

krproton 02-08-2008 08:03 AM

ORIGINAL: camdyson

Tip for today:

9mm 4-40 phillips screws for mounting the cowl ring support tabs are TOO SHORT. Only pick up a turn or so in the blind nuts - note
Norm's earlier comments about them vibrating loose regularly, no wonder.

Replace them (all 16...) with 4-40 cap head 1/2" (ie about 12.5mm) bolts and no more problem - screw right in as they should.

Cam
Another option--as threadlocker is to be used--would be to discard the lock washers (but not the flat washers).

Tim

dthomp8007 02-08-2008 05:53 PM

Hey Tim,

Just a heads up Tower says that they shipped my gear today so I hope they also shipped yours as well. On another note Im so pissed my replacement B-25 showed up today so that I could swap out the damaged body and inboard wing panel well some ***** at UPS stood on my box sometime during shipping you can see their size 12 boot print in the box well it damaged both inboard wing panels so now I cant have this replacement B-25 because TF has to file a claim with UPS. They are shipping another B-25 kit to me should be here end of next week. :-(

Note to another member someone on here needed the nose piece they broke it or something well I have an extra if your tired of waiting.

Devin

FliteMetal 02-08-2008 06:28 PM

Previously they shipped kits in plain wrapper corrigation. Hope this ARF was not showing in any way or some stupid knuckle dragging Creaton will do the mambo on your B-25 "Oh"...

europatc74 02-08-2008 07:11 PM

dthomp8007....I'm the guy that needed the nose gunner canopy. TF has just sent me out a new one. Hang on to it, you or someone else will probably need one. Thanks Dave.

fytrjok 02-08-2008 09:55 PM

Devin,
I sent you an email re: that nose canopy.

Doug

dthomp8007 02-09-2008 09:00 AM

Sorry guys several people have sent me emails with regards to the nose piece. It's already spoken for.

danrc2 02-10-2008 01:25 PM

i put some of the stickers on the plane and i noticed that i dont have the little bomb decals. could someone tell me were they are or where i could get them????

thanks
dan

Bill Giulian 02-10-2008 02:30 PM

OK guys, let's get your opinions on this. Would it be better to use 3 lines to the fuel tank or just use 2 lines with a T connector. What's your thoughts. Bill.

Hellcat716 02-10-2008 03:30 PM

Depends on which engine you are using. The YS 63 I am using uses two lines.

Hellcat716 02-10-2008 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally got the first two flights on the B-25 over the weekend. Top-Flite has done a wonderful job on this plane. The plane flew as advertised with no bad habits at all. The only change from the control setup would be to use less down elevator with full flaps. Other than that everything worked perfect. The two YS 63 motors are more than enough power for this plane. Scale flight uses about one third throttle. The takeoff run is a non event with these motors. Wish all of you the best on your first flights.

Bill Giulian 02-10-2008 05:41 PM

I am using the new OS 81 FS-a's

camdyson 02-10-2008 06:20 PM

Re fuel lines - I use only 2 on all my planes, with a Great Planes (or similar) fueller. Never had a problem, just remove the muffler pressure line whilst filling, and then reconnect when fills with fuel.

I've just done my cowls, and am figuring where to mount the fuellers - usually I screw a piece of 90 degree aluminium on the firewall with the valve fitted to it, and a small hole in the cowl for the refuelling probe. Might be able to squeeze in from behind the cowl louvres and avoid the hole on the B25, we'll see. (Edit: nope, too fiddly. Determined not to get too anal with this one, so will mount to one of the cowl tabs and access via discrete hole in cowl, as usual)

Well done Hellcat BTW

Cam

nchrome 02-10-2008 06:44 PM

Have you guys ever thought about using the vent tubs that are located at the rear of the naceil. I did and used it on my Wing B-25. Still have to take the pressure line off the muffler though. Less holes on the plane and a clearner look. Also no hatches needed for refueling and I also hid my on off switches and charge jacks and air inlets for the gear behind the cockpit. Even a much better look for my bird.:D

norm 02-10-2008 07:56 PM

Hello Bill,

Here is an answer for your question...although I use pumps and FA-82's with a fueler...that still does not answer your question. Your engine the new OS81's will fly this plane with a "tail bucket" and they are good ones You should use the 3 tubes if you intend to use this fueling system. Using a T will drown your engine because of the pressure going both to the tank and your engine. The easy way is to use the easy fueler from great plane GPMQ4160. then you fill with only 2 tubes because the easy fueler has a one way vlave when fueling to the tank.

Normand

norm 02-10-2008 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Brakes,

Just got my brakes in from Robart last week, installed and AMAZING... great system and well supported by robart. Works very well at least in my 32ft strip in my garage, there is still over 24inch of snow here, take a look.

Normand

cherrera26 02-10-2008 09:33 PM

Hello I just got my B-25 and since OS is no longer making the 70 II surpass and I've heard a lot of bad reviews on the 70 Ultimate, I am thinking in getting 2 saitos 82 4cyc. engines.

Please give any advice.

Thanks

Carlos

norm 02-10-2008 10:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cherrera,

I've looked at numerous engines and went and flew with saito 82's....best choice. Read through this thread and see some postings about engines. most power for the size, 1.5 HP and spin a 12 x 8 3 blabe MAS @ 9800 RPM.

Normand

mtaboram 02-11-2008 09:40 AM

Norman: Do you use the same airtank for the brakes? How do you connect it?.

Regards

Marlon

danrc2 02-11-2008 09:58 AM

if anyone is interested in the bomb release from wingspanmodels.com let me know. i bought the six bombs and could only fit four in the plane. i would sell the bombs and the releases for them cheap. you would just need to buy the system which comes with two bombs.

let me know.

thanks
dan

norm 02-11-2008 11:01 AM

Mtaboram

No I use the small airtank that I locate in the noze where the airtank was intended to be. The retract airtank proposed should be the medium or tne large. I use the large airtank for the retracts located in the bulkhead annd the small airtank for the brakes and located in the noze.

Normand