RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/6494380-top-flite-b-25-arf-tecnical-tips-suggestions.html)

norm 02-02-2009 03:26 PM

RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

1 Attachment(s)
Here we go again with rumors...I just finished putting together a "kit" TF P-47 so I will fo sure freak out if an ARF is introduced after spending over 400 hours building this kit and costed me well over 2500$ excluding my engine and all electronics! Hope you are right anyways fytrjok because it is a nice plane, nothing to do with the B-25 but....I permit myself, thank you guys. Here is a pic, I got it up there in toyland.

norm 02-02-2009 03:34 PM

I'm sorry Bill,

Bill this is my toyland and this is more and more becoming like what I imagine heaven to be! Only missing my 11 feet wingspan lancaster...being built. I really love every one I own and they are all a pleasure to fly. Sharing my fun with others is part of the fun and sometimes a trigger to motivate others, exciting is,nt it!

Normand

Ram Jet 02-02-2009 03:34 PM

Now you've REALLY done it - the freakin' Spitfire. Excuse me while I go shoot myself.

Bill

Ram Jet 02-02-2009 03:38 PM

My good Sir, from the appearance and quality of your aircraft it's apparent that you love what you are doing. My living room ceiling is home to many model aircraft. Isn't it wonderful to reside here in heaven while the rest of the world decends down the fiscal toilet?

Bill

Magnus76 02-02-2009 05:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Normand !

I think the same a pair of 46 ?? But some of the people that have used the 46 engines say it flies good so that´s what i hope for !!!

Tonight i installed the engine mount and tank and done some work on the stab !

now i wait for the retracts..... hope they arrive tomorrow !!!

//
Magnus

Magnus76 02-14-2009 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now my retracts has arrived (Thank you Tomas at VQ Warbirds) exellent service and quick shipping .

So now i have done some more on the plane to night

Throttle pushrod.retracts and nacelle on the left wing are done see if i can do the right tomorrow

HAPPY VALENTINE EVERYONE [sm=teeth_smile.gif]

cobi.p 02-14-2009 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
greeting to you all .
well the time has come for the TF b-25 to be presented in israel ! ( i think it's the first one )

i have a very small place to work and i'm going with 2 RCV 91 CD for the power .

i have just opened the box so i'm sure i'm not going to show something new .

the first photo's of my place and the box

cheers - cobi

CCFPILOT 02-14-2009 06:29 PM

Nice going cobi.p. We'll be watching your progress and good luck on your maiden flight in a couple of months. I know TF says 50 hrs, but I think I took 100.

PA BEN 02-15-2009 08:36 AM

Just reading this thread and thought I'd post some pictures. These guys come to town every other year.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...7/100_1094.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...7/100_1110.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...7/100_1111.jpg

krproton 02-15-2009 09:19 AM

Nice pics PA BEN.

My brother is a photographer and was shooting pictures of an airshowe in Grand Rapids, MI a few years ago. There was a B-25 there (I forget which one, but it was all silver or chrome). So my brother and one of his daughters were going to take a ferry across lake Michigan to visit some family, and the B-25 crew were going to the same place, so they gave my brother and his daughter a ride instead him having to take the ferry. Pretty cool!

krproton 02-15-2009 09:21 AM

Thanks for the pics cobi.

You know what, your building area is only a little smaller than mine! [sm=what_smile.gif]

I hope your build goes well and feel free to post as many pictures as you want.

Tim

Termites Dream 02-15-2009 10:11 AM

Tim,

do you have any info on the Lado electric retracts for the B 25? I talked to the guy at Lado a few months back and they were planning on starting to make them around the end of winter (I am expecting them to be delayed since those guys just cant keep up with the demand). I have Lados for a spitfire I put together and I like them a lot better than the gas retracts. I have nearly finished my B 25 and plan on flying it with the fixed gear until the electric retracts are available. Does anyone else make electric retracts?

Thanks,
David

cobi.p 02-15-2009 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
WOOOW , PA BEN , B-25 and B 24 together in one field and on my table , that nice man :)

few question's :
i'd like to close all the monokot joining , is it o.k to use a clear nail polish , is it going to do the job ?

can i use a home iron cover'ed with cloth to work on the monokot or do i need the special little one ?

i dont like the idea of 4 servo for the flapes , i'm working on a different way to do it with one servo or maximum 2 .

ohhh god , i'm going to eat a lot of sh**t with the engine installation , it's just dont fit .

cheers - cobi

CCFPILOT 02-15-2009 05:49 PM

Cobi.p, It looks like my 100 hr to completion is not enough with all your mods.

cobi.p 02-15-2009 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well ccfpilot i'm not in a hurry :D and i dont see somebody standing behind me with a shotgun so ...... i have the time .

it is over 1.5 years that i'm building my don smith 1/9 b-24 and it will take a year more .

the T.F B-25 will get the full respect from me and i love this plane :).

it take me more then a year to get it so i plan to enjoy my self evry minute of building it.

o.k i have decide to glue the 2 wing pieces together i have place in my car and this is how the flapes going to work with 2 servo .

cheers - cobi

cobi.p 02-16-2009 05:17 AM

o.k after a long dissection with my friend " engineer fridman erez " the no' 1 scale builder in israel :D
well he told me not to glue the wings just leve them locked all the time and this a good idea for long maintenance and maybe need of replacing damaged part in the future .

about the plastic screw that hold the engine structure , did anyone have probleme's with them ( loose or broken ) ?

cheers - cobi

krproton 02-16-2009 07:55 AM

Hi David.

I've never heard of the retracts you mentioned. I don't know of any electric retracts either. But one of the guys I work with is putting some electric retracts in his TF Sea Fury kit, so I'll ask him where he got them from and maybe they make them for the B-25 as well.

Tim

krproton 02-16-2009 07:58 AM

ORIGINAL: cobi.p

WOOOW , PA BEN , B-25 and B 24 together in one field and on my table , that nice man :)

few question's :
i'd like to close all the monokot joining , is it o.k to use a clear nail polish , is it going to do the job ?

can i use a home iron cover'ed with cloth to work on the monokot or do i need the special little one ?

i dont like the idea of 4 servo for the flapes , i'm working on a different way to do it with one servo or maximum 2 .

ohhh god , i'm going to eat a lot of sh**t with the engine installation , it's just dont fit .

cheers - cobi

Cobi,

If I may answer one of your questions; I strongly recommend a model airplane covering ironand make certain you use a cover sock. I recommend the 21st Century covering iron because it is lightweight and the thermostat keeps the temperature setting from wanderingwithin just a few degrees. Finally, it has a longer cord than most other irons.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXB361&P=ML

I apolozige for the advertisement, but I promise my intention is to get you the tools that will make the job easier.

Thanks.

Tim

cobi.p 02-16-2009 08:21 AM

THANK YOU TIM .

i am honored to be replyed by you , a good tool is not an advertisement it's a helping hand , thanks

yes sir , immediately orderd !! , i love tower , thay have very best service :D.

cheers - cobi

CCFPILOT 02-16-2009 12:26 PM

Tim
Here's the link to Lado retracts. [link]http://www.lado-tech.net/categories.php?cat=9[/link]

If they do make retracts for the TF B25 they will be made after you place your order.

Magnus76 02-17-2009 01:29 PM

do some one know how to get the trottle on seperate channel whit a Futaba T10C ? Or is it better whit the trottle conected by a Y-Harness ?

Magnus

RCGuy41 02-17-2009 03:35 PM

Hi Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Please follow this link, it's to the Futaba website, it will answer your question about setting up twin engines.

http://www.2.4gigahertz.com/faq/faq-...4ghz-q511.html

Brad

RCKen 02-17-2009 03:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Magnus76

do some one know how to get the trottle on seperate channel whit a Futaba T10C ? Or is it better whit the trottle conected by a Y-Harness ?

Magnus
Yes, you can set up your throttle servos on a Y-harness, but you will be better off if you use a seperate channel for each throttle servo. There are a couple of reasons, and they both deal with tuning. First, you can adjust the idle point seperately for each engine. Second, and more important, you can use the throttle curve in the radio to adjust the engines so that they both have similart RPM output at every throttle stick location. This will keep you engines putting out the same power no matter where the throttle stick is.

Ken

rnordeck 02-20-2009 01:03 PM

Magnus,

I am about 98% finished my "build" and am currently completing programming with the Futaba T10CAP. I also highly recommend two throttle channels for separate engine run-up / tuning. Since I am using 3 position Switch C for flaps I programmed my engine throttles on Channel 3 & 7 using 3 position Switch G; and followed Futaba's website FAQ suggested programming (see link above, Post # 2087); just changed the Switch assignments to G. I finally got it right on 'bout 4th try!

However, and isn't there always a "but", the pre-program Throttle Cut only worked on the Master - Channel 3 left engine... *!#!*. You need ONE MORE MIX...and since all four preprogrammed linear mixes 1-4 had been used for the throttles and separate nose wheel / rudder channel mixes you are left with only Curve Mixes 5-8. All of my blundering attempts were unsuccessful so I went back to Futaba Support via e-mail for this Fix Mix:

If your Throttle Cut looks like this:
Mix: Off
Rate: xx (30)%
SW: SwF
POSI: Down

Set-up Programmable Mix 5:
Mix: On
MAS: CH 7
SLV: CH 7
LINK: Off
SW: F (or same as your throttle cut)
POSI: Down (or same as "" "" )
RATES: POINT 5> 0%; 4> 0%; 3> -30%; 2> 0%; 1> 0%

Then Double Check that Throttle Cut is still set up same. Now Throttle Cut should kill both engines!!

And if you need to use any of the remaining "curve mixes" 6-8 here is one example for mixing some rudder with the ailerons:

Programmable Mix 6:
Mix: On
MAS: CH 1
SLV: CH 4
LINK: Off
SW: H or Any Switch
POSI: Down (or your preference)
RATES: Points: 5> +20%; 4> +10%; 3> 0%; 2> -10%; 1> -20%

Like I 'tol my flying buddies: I need one manuel to run my computer...and 4 manuels / books to operate my radio!!

Hoping for roll out on April 18th - 67th Anniversary of the Doolittle Raid.

"I. B. Narly"

Magnus76 02-21-2009 02:45 AM

Thank you all !Now i know what im going to do tonight :D