RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   CMP Factory pictures (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/7930272-cmp-factory-pictures.html)

yukonpete 09-07-2008 06:09 PM

CMP Factory pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Some pictures from inside the CMP Factory that I found online a few months ago. You can recognize many of the planes such as the CMPro Cessna 182.

yukonpete 09-07-2008 06:13 PM

RE: CMP Factory pictures

1 Attachment(s)
More pictures

yukonpete 09-07-2008 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More pictures

yukonpete 09-07-2008 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More Pictures

maukaonyx 09-07-2008 06:30 PM

Thanks for posting those pics! I saw my Giles 202 in some of them. Now I know what an ARF sweatshop looks like. To tell you the truth, my Giles is pretty well done. IF they would just use a good covering material, the ARF would rate much higher in my book. Jon

LDM 09-07-2008 08:08 PM

wow , not looking at this from any other way but the shelfish modeler in me hahah , imagine working at that place as an advid rc guy , "opps sorry boss dropped another P40 fuse , better trash it " then after work , I pick up another fuse for me me me :D.
Now remember , not getting into a 5 page long boreing post on labor , and China vs US , yada yada yada,
place looks very cool , thanks for the pics

bassmanh 09-07-2008 08:22 PM

WOW,

i must say i am quite impressed , not at all what i thought it would look like. looks to be a very nice facility. i have 1 CMP plane/arf that i just got and looks very nice, and well built. i just wont get a start on it for along time unless i crash one of my other planes. :D

bassman

outdoorhunting 09-07-2008 08:25 PM

I'll take 2 of those over there, 2 of those on the bottom shelf, oh yeah, I want 5 of those on the top shelf !!! Ah, heck, just give me a great big wagon & 20 minutes !!!

captinjohn 09-07-2008 08:50 PM

I am proud of the workers that work hard to build these nice airplanes. It must be tedious work for the most. I hope CMP pays them as good as possibe. Sharing profits with a bonus to employees, once in a while goes a long way. At least RC Hobbies in all countries does help provide jobs. I wish theses workers well, and the company they work for. Best Regards Capt,n John USA;)

yukonpete 09-07-2008 09:20 PM

It would not surprise me if these workers only make a few $ a day! I just got the CMPro Cessna 182 1.20-40 and only paid $149 for it. If this plane was made in the west I would be paying big bucks and I doubt it would be any better quality. I don't think just becouse they are made in China or Vietnam its junk. I have the Phonex Tucano ( Made in Vietnam ) and for $120 I can't complain. I love that bird! Best $120 I ever spent. So far I got over 30 hours enjoyment from it.

Pete

tIANci 09-07-2008 09:30 PM

Even if they were paid a few USD a day's work we need to understand the cost of living, for some a few USD can buy a lot in their own country. China is now an incredible hub for manufacturing and they are consuming a lot of resources too. Its a giant that all of us need to work with. They have amazing factories and as long as the customer is willing to pay top dollar then you get top rated products.

Looks at brands like H9, GP, Sebart, QQ etc ... their planes all come out of China and because the customer pays well the products come out superb.

SunShyne 09-07-2008 09:34 PM

ok gents, first and last warning. Please keep all political discussions out of the thread. Enjoy the pics from an ARF factory and leave it at that. No need to get into Chinese "Capit-unism"

thanks for your consideration and thanks again for sharing the pics!

nitro wing 09-07-2008 10:28 PM

Looks better than many made it out to be in the past.

ghost-RCU 09-07-2008 10:36 PM

Got to love those covering irons. :D

Jim_Purcha 09-07-2008 11:08 PM

ORIGINAL: ghost-RCU

Got to love those covering irons. :D
I read a comment in a similar thread last year the ordinary iron holds the temperature more consistant than the special hobby irons we use here. Now remember, these irons are used work shift after shift. Not just 12-36 hours per year.

Kmot 09-07-2008 11:37 PM

Fabulous! Thank you so much for posting these very informative photos!! :D[sm=thumbup.gif]

nitro wing 09-08-2008 12:00 AM

I think the the ironer/coverers probaly have the best jobs,the guys laying glue and blocking Balsa all day must be having tougher days.Out of all the planes I've had,made from different countries, my CMPRo Giles had the absolute best covering job and meticilous seam work done ever.The covering was China kote,but it held for a long time and was extremely well done all around.There is definately some talent in those factories,sometimes I wish I could say a thanks and tip directly to some of the staff.
I grew up as a kit builder,and I really appreciate some of the ARF's available.I know many ***** about some issues,but they usually are of small numbers and are easily fixed.ARF's have gotten much better in the last 10 years,and in most cases they are much beter than many builders can accomlish at a fraction of the cost.
Its a great decade to be aquiring some very nice aircraft at good prices and quality.Thumbs up to the hard working people overseas. ;)[8D]

MetallicaJunkie 09-08-2008 12:51 AM

thanks for sharing

NorfolkSouthern 09-08-2008 01:01 AM

Nice factory. Next time, I think I'll just build a kit.

NorfolkSouthern

LDM 09-08-2008 05:03 AM

I wonder if I am over there if I can get a tour I agree with "outdoorhuntings comments " I would be saying as a guest can I have one of them , na make that two , well while your at it did I tell you I have 20 friends !!!!!:D
Very cool , I would be like a drunk behind a bar !!!!!:)
Just so many planes , so littel time but give me them anyway !!!!![X(]
The interesting things about the pics to me is that its looks like business is good , I think CMP is a growing company that seems to get better with every release . I wish they had a USA rep over in the states that was more responsive then the distributors they pick .
I have corresponded with Jackie on quite a few occasions and they simply dont get the disconnect at Nitro planes and AKM .
I would prefer to see CMP with people like Thomas who sells VQ and KMP

simmo8 09-08-2008 06:14 AM

thanks mate those pics are awsome

propbuster 09-08-2008 08:16 AM

Thanks for the pics! It looks like a nice facility. I guess that's where I'd be trying to get a job if I lived over there!:D

teeceeveecee 09-08-2008 11:09 AM

Hi Guys:

Thanks for the really great pics ! I have a CMPro Extra 330L, 27% and cannot believe the workmanship for the price, FANTASTIC ! I also have the Nitro Models Tiger Moth 1.20, exactly the same, box doesn't sat CMPro any where but it sure looks like one of theirs. Only problem with the 330L was the firewall looked like it needed a little reinforcing but not a big deal. I have been at this for 60 plus years and believe me, it's never been better from the consumers point of view. I still love to scratch and kit build but these ARF's coming out today are hard to beat.

E T
Milton, WI

jorgy-Delta 09-08-2008 11:17 AM

Here is the link to Jet Hobbies, Richmond, BC, Canada.
They have a lot of other pictures up now.

Great folks there. CMP distributor for Canada.

[link=http://www.jet-hobbies.com/]Jet Hobbies[/link]

georgee 09-08-2008 02:11 PM

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the cool pics.Being a big fun of their planes,I"ve already consumed a dozen :D of them.Some of them are representing real value.It was really interesting to see how they"re making these popular products.

Georgee