RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Revolver or Aeroworks Edge (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/9298819-revolver-aeroworks-edge.html)

Mikes145 12-02-2009 08:28 PM

Revolver or Aeroworks Edge

I currently fly a low wing trainer similar to a Tiger with a 70" wingspan. I would like to move up to more of an aerobatic plane and was considering the Great Planes 70" Revolver or the Aeroworks Edge 540t. The Edge is currently out of stock through Jan 2010 and I'm trying to make a Christmas list. Would the Revolver be as good with aerobatics as the Edge? I plan on putting a Magnum .91 four stroke in it. The Revolver would also be cheaper through Tower Hobbies and shipping would be free. Thanks for the help.</p>

MikeL 12-02-2009 09:22 PM

RE: Revolver or Aeroworks Edge

The Edge is a great ARF. I've had mine for a bit over a year and am very happy with it. The CG recommendation is way too conservative, but that's the only problem I have with the ARF. That's quite amazing! I've got a Magnum 91 FS on mine, and I'm quite happy with the pair. I'd want more power on a 70" WS model, but it's great with the AW Edge. The Edge is very light-weight and well-built.

ro347 12-02-2009 10:13 PM

I thing these planes are two totally different types of flyers. i have the aeroworks edge and love it. Its a super aerobatic plane capable of 3D. It might not be the best 3d'er....but its alot of fun. With the CG set right it just floats and is pretty easy to fly. Im using a saito 100 for power.

From what Ive read...the Revolver is a faster flyer, sport aerobatics. ( My understanding)

da Rock 12-02-2009 11:07 PM

The large Revolver is a really decent flying plane. It's really what you seem to be looking for. I'd say it would be capable of holding it's own in the entry class of precision aerobatics. And that's saying it's fairly easy to fly it accurately. It helps you, and it'll do the moves needed.

It might be the best step-up airplane for most guys who're looking to move forward.

ChuckW 12-02-2009 11:14 PM

Either is nice. The Edge will be better suited for 3D type stuff while the Revolver is more for high speed, precision and high-level sport flying. Quality on both is great. Take your pick.

JWQ500RC 12-02-2009 11:24 PM

I have a Revolver, and I had a Edge. Both a very good flyers. As stated above the Revolver is faster and flies more like a pattern ship. The Edge is slower and maybe a little more aerobatic (3d).
You couldn't go wrong with either one.

JOHNS3D 12-02-2009 11:28 PM

2 different airplanes.... the Edge can be a 3D -  IMAC airplane, the Revolver for me is just a pattern airplane, get the edge and you will not regret. a .91 will do good power.

tande 12-03-2009 06:27 AM

From what Ive read...the Revolver is a faster flyer, sport aerobatics. ( My understanding)
Yup...The "Revolver" is a "Giles" in disguise...IMHO