Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

Electric PBF (Flying pizza box)

Old 04-07-2007, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric PBF (Flying pizza box)

Hi
I am juast a beginner but I am not going to let that deter me from wild a**ed flying....and not worry much about crashes...
Hence I want to build an electric PBF. I have searched and not found much current info on PBF's especially electric.
I guess basically I need to know what size motor would give me the power of at least a .25 gas engine and on up to a .40.
I would think with the new motor technology and lipo bats that the weight of electric motors/bats vs. gas/fuel would be close. I am basically lazy about searching all this out so I post here to get quick results.... ;-)
Just as a quick refrence to the weight/design etc here is a link to the PBF.
http://mypage.yhti.net/~dmcdnld/pizzabox.htm

Using windows OS is like putting your head in a guillotine to see what's in the basket..........................
Old 04-15-2007, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric PBF (Flying pizza box)

go with the recommended one:
OS 40FP with Grish 10x4 prop