Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

81" OV-10 Bronco ARF/Hobby Hanger

Old 04-09-2007, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 81" OV-10 Bronco ARF/Hobby Hanger

I would like to fly this airplane as an electric. I have no electric expeience at all and am totaly lost. After some research I have come up with this combo.

Great Planes

Rim fire 50-65-450 GPMG4770
16x10 Prop
Battery 6400mAh, 22.2v
ESC ss-80/GPMM1860

Hobby Hanger

Span.......................80.5"
Length...................79.5"
Weight...................16-19 lbs.
Engines................2x .46-.61 (2C)
Channels..............6
Old 05-04-2007, 03:46 PM

Default RE: 81" OV-10 Bronco ARF/Hobby Hanger

To fly this size aircraft you will need more power. You are using two motors but would run more voltage. I think you have to look at a 8-10 cell system for each motor. Figure an 8-10 cell motor system is good for 8-13 lbs. I think you could go with an 8 cell battery for each motor but would not go below that. This would give you still rasonable weight and very good climb power with a flying weight as specified. If this sounds Ok with you let me know if you want me to figure out specific motor systems.

I do need to know a couple more things. What do you think the flying speed of the aircraft should be and what do you have for prop clearance?

Old 05-05-2007, 10:48 AM

Default RE: 81" OV-10 Bronco ARF/Hobby Hanger

I am not an aggressive flyer more along the lines of the sunday flyer. I would proply only be doind a roll, inverted flight maybe and an ocassional loop. I would howerver like to have enough power to fly single engine if the need or desire ever ocurred. Speed id guess the top end about what a sixty size ugly stix would do low end typical trainer. Prop clearence dont know yet since the aircraft is still in transit to canada. Wont know for a couple of weeks yet.