Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

Sal- Can you help with this?

Old 04-23-2007, 10:00 PM
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sal- Can you help with this?

I bought a used Simprop Suchoi SU 31 at SEFF last year and found an identical new in box ARF last week that was supposed to be complete. The 4 page build instructions are there but the pictures and "sketches" referred to were not. Do you or any of your contacts have a copy of those pictures that they would be willing to fax or email to me? I didn't want to tear up the used one trying to set it up and I can't assemble the new one without the pictures since none of the parts are numbered and many look very similar. The part number for the kit is : 030 882 0. Here's a picture:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86137.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	671060  
Old 04-24-2007, 10:13 AM

Default RE: Sal- Can you help with this?

You did say it was an ARF? If that is the case all the major parts are already built. If you have another aircraft, you should be able to figure out what goes where. If you are not up to this level of modeling skill, I suggest you consider having it built for you. Perhaps you can contact one of your local club members and ask if anyone does building. IF this is not the cae, you can go online and look for builders. We also have a building service.

If you want to build it yourself, and really need the sketches, I would consider contacting simprop directly and ask them to send you a complete copy of the instructions.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:58 AM
My Feedback: (42)

I tried Simprop. The plane has been discontinued for years. There are 86 balsa and light ply parts, most of which look identical. I thought I would be able to look at the used one to see the parts placement but it would have to be destroyed or hacked up pretty badly to see anything other than the servo tray. Once the foam parts are epoxied in place, the wood parts are no longer visible. The used one has access holes cut all over it where the original owner tried to get his electronics out. I'd rather not hack it up worse. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:26 PM

Again, if it is an ARF someone with reasonable experience should be able to get that aircraft in flying condition. Consider contacting some of your local club members to see if thay can help. If this doesnot work out, give us a call we may be able to help you get it built.