Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice
 Castle Creations Berg Receiver Issue - Help! >

Castle Creations Berg Receiver Issue - Help!

Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

Castle Creations Berg Receiver Issue - Help!

Old 06-01-2007, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Castle Creations Berg Receiver Issue - Help!

Purchased a CC rcvr for a new electric 3D plane, and it is supposed to copy any FM TX. I am using a 6channel JR system. When hooked up to the plane, I was only able to control channel 3. Power was going to channel 1, the ESC, but it would not program and I had no throttle.

Removed it and tried it another plane. In this plane, channel 1 works fine for throttle, and 3 works as well. But still have no power coming from 2 or 4.

Any ideas? I was going to return it today, but that means I will have to wait for the LHS to order a crystal for a JR transmitter and I want to fly this weekend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-14-2007, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Castle Creations Berg Receiver Issue - Help!

First of all sometimes the receiver will have channels setup different from the receivers that the particular transmitter uses. In other words, 1 could be on channel 3 etc. Try all the channels by simply putting a servo in channel 1 than moving all the sticks. Find which stick function corresponds to the channel and keep going to channel 2 on the receiver, etc. mapping what stick funtions on what channels. You should be able to find all the functions but perhaps in different channel numbers compared to the original receiver. If you find that many of the channels simply do not owrk, then I would send it in to Castle directly for warranty replacement or repair.