Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

VOLTS Ignorance

Old 06-08-2007, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VOLTS Ignorance

Hello there,

I am totally new in the R/C hobbie.

I already bought (It's on my way) the new Futaba 6EX 2.4GHz Radio with its R606FS receiver.

I am planning to build a foamie and I looked the specifictions of one GP Flat foamie for my hardware:
So I Bought the Rimfire Motor 22M-1000 with its match ESC (BL-8). I bought 3 Futaba Servos S3114. I also bought a Lipo battery 3cell 11.1V 640mAh 20C and I will use a 9X3.8 prop.

In the Radio 6EX PDF Manual it says that the power requirement for the receiver is 4.8V or 6V the same for the S3114 Servos.
The specification of the motor's input voltage is 7.2 - 12V. Can I safely use the Lipo battery of 11.1V on the receiver?? Does the receiver has his own volt regulator? I have no idea how to match all the system.

Thanks in advanced,
Alfycat from Costa Rica.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VOLTS Ignorance

Hey Sal, thanks for all, I received the support I needed a week ago,

alfycat.