Community
Search
Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

Brushless set-up 2610 combat

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 12:22 AM
TwistedProp
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless set-up 2610 combat

Hey Sal, I was wondering what it would take to get a brushless set-up to reach the speeds ( 80-90 mph ) I have a half dozen or so smaller brushless set-ups, parkflyers, running 200-250 watts w/30 amp ESCs and 1000-2200 Mah 3s1ps, I know that I`m gonna need some bigger li-pos,ESCs and motors, I get alittle confused when crossing over the nitro specs ( rpm vs watts ) I pulled this off a website on a motor review, and the spit wieghs in at 3-3.5 lbs.............Hyperion .25e Spitfire spinning a 10x10e APC prop on 4S 2200 20-30c lipo pack , with a 60 amp ESC. Whole setup works fantastic. Clocked the plane at 86 mph in a level pass against the wind with gear down. Vertical climbs are mind-numbing. Motor comes down a little hot because I'm riding it WOT at 40 amps, which is pushing the edge of the motor's recommended limits. I suggest using a slightly bigger prop on 3S or slightly smaller prop with a 4S setup like mine..............anyway I sure would like to do both Open-B and 2610 combat E-POWERED...I`ve talked to a few people about it, and they`re very concerned about a Li-Po fire, due to mid-airs. Hey thanks for all and any help.......oh yea also I should mention that they will WOT all the time ( 5 mins ) Well that`s how we do it with our SLIIIIIIIMERS [8D]