Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

Morris Fly-in

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

Morris Fly-in

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 09:05 PM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Morris Fly-in

Mr Anderson,
Nice seeing your mug here this year..Sunday's flying was fairly heavy is the morning and this afternoon people started saying there Goodbyes and saying what a good time they had and lets do it again..
Where will it be next year.. Not sure but it was talked about. We had some new faces again this year and always hope for more. I did expect to see more from the Chicago area but maybe we did.
I believe the guy that flew the most today was Cal's son Teddy, he was learning from Joel about doing some aerobatics in his Gyro Bee. The best one I have ever seen fly.

See you all later,it was a fun week end.

Jim
Old 09-12-2006, 10:08 AM
goodeye

Back home now from the great trip to Morris,Ill and the autogyro fly-in. It was real nice having a tent set up and waiting for us! Thanks Bernie, Reza and Jim for another fun event. My vote is to return to Morris..... but it has to be on a "cruise night" weekend. For those of you who did not go downtown Saturday night, you missed a really "cool" thing with all the old cars lined up on Liberty street.
See you next year,

Mark
Old 09-12-2006, 07:06 PM
rcflyerfl

Mark,
We did see a few of the cars, but we did not go on Liberty St.. Maybe we should make plans to eat downtown if we go back next year.
My vote is to go back if the club will let us have the field again.
Nice to see to see you whole Air Force electric. And flying well I must say.. Made a believer out of me.

Jim
Old 09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
bean gyro

Hi!

Morris 2006 RC Gyro Get Together was a great success! Many thanks to Reza, my daughter, for all the valuable help with her computer. All the
flyers that came from far and near, both flyers and visitors, for attending.
Also,many thanks to the Grundy Aeromodelers Flying Club for the availability of their great flying field. The flyers all brought with them many varieties of gyros. Lots of flying and much visiting was high on the order of the day. Even Mother Nature cooperated for most of the time, except on the last day when things got a little wet. But even then, there were a few hardy souls braving the wet grass. Many of the visitors were amazed with the number of gyros brought to the get together, and also of the positive control that the auto gyros flew, from the small gas ones to the electrics, and to the big -giant- gas ones.

I'm hoping that everyone was able to learn a little more about the auto
gyros, and will be able to take the information learned back to their
"home" clubs and share their experiences (hopefully, enjoyable) that come from flying auto gyros. We can all spread the word that gyros aren't scary or hard to fly, but have come a long way, baby! The availability of reliable, proven kits, ready-made rotor blades and a good variety of quality plans have made the sport of flying model auto gyros much more satisfying and fulfilling.

On RC Groups, you can find the "Frequently Asked Questions" that are a
great starting place for any RC gyro-nut. beginner or experienced. Thanks to Mickey and friends for putting all that information together.

Your 2006 Auto Gyro Fly-In Host!

Bernie
Old 09-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Gyroguru

Hello Bernie

I feed so bad. I was planning to be there all summer then I got sick. Getting better. I hope to be there next year.

Wahid
Old 09-13-2006, 07:31 PM
rcflyerfl

Wahid,
There were about 9 electric Autogyro's this year and I am sure there will be more next year.. I know you had some last year so keep making them.. Hopefully we can go back to Morris next year but lets give Bernie a few days rest to see if his RC Club will let us come back.. A Nice place..

Jim
Old 09-13-2006, 07:39 PM
rcflyerfl

Hi Joel,
I see you are online but not home.

Jim