Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

AK-2

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:17 AM
ALbert.S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AK-2

After 223 flights my Kellet went to autogyro heaven RIP This is my new AK-2 Al's Kellet #2
I have scratch built this one from the plans of the old one A fellow modeler quit the hobby and gave me enough wood to do the job I salvaged the pylon and one blade and the landing gear from the old one.It still needs some equipment installed but I should be able to get it flying this week The rotor mount is from Gary Ten Pas and that also came from the old one It is very tough since it was undamaged in the straight down crash I did this one in a Japanese scheme that I thought up myself It has a OS 91 FX for power and weighs 8 1/2 lbs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33753.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	522509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76160.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	522510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms42898.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	522511  
Old 09-11-2006, 02:59 PM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AK-2

Albert,
That has to be a record for a Kellett.. We did have 2 here at Morris this past weekend. Missed you by the way. Your AK2 is looking good and hope you get many more flights from this one.

Jim