Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

Autogyro question...

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

Autogyro question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 11:38 AM
catracer343

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autogyro question...

Hi all, I recently found some plans for a .20-.25 size autogyro by D.B. Sport & Scale. I believe that this was a kit at one time, probably from England or the U.K. A former club member, now desist, had this gyro a long time ago, and I now have the plans for it. I remember seeing him fly it about 15 years ago and it seemed to fly quite well! It has a small wing with outboard rotors that have four blades each, 2" wide with flat airfoils and each blade is 10" long. They are stacked at the hub so that each blade is on an angle. It has a basic box type fuselage and a small fin at the end of each horizontal stabilizer half. I am thinking about trying my first attempt at scratch building this bird, which will also be my first autogyro. Does anyone have any information on this?

Thank you for your help! -Craig
Old 09-16-2006, 07:32 PM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Autogyro question...

Craig,
Sounds like a Tango to me.. Build light. Should fly OK. With the small wing it will help in orientation.
Good Luck.. If you look at Morris Fky-in you will see one that is close.

Jim
Old 09-17-2006, 05:50 AM
catracer343

Thank's Jim! I just looked at that post and the plans that I have resemble Marlin W.'s plane to a "T"! It appears that he may have made a verry slight modification to the tail and omitted the outboard verticle stabilizers, but that's her! So.......while I am here, can anyone else tell me a little bit about the Tango? I will probably start building this week! Thanks again Jim!

-Craig
Old 09-17-2006, 12:34 PM
floridagyro

Hi,

Here is a picture of the DB Sport. I built two of them from kits. It flies more like an airplane and it will also fly without the rotor blades. The rotor blades are not an airfoil design so they supply stability but not much lifting. However, it's fun to fly and watch but doesn't help much in learning to fly gyros.

Phil
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70333.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	525530  
Old 09-17-2006, 10:58 PM
teufelhund
My Feedback: (2)

Hi guys, This is what I have on the Tango;http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/tango/Tango.pdf-I was trying to find these plans everywhere. If this is indeed the plans you have I would love to have a copy. I will pay for them of coarse, if you could make a copy or send them my way when you're finished with them. catracer343, I LOVE THAT AVATAR!!! Is that the new Futaba DD, hmhm I mean Z? Ben
Old 09-18-2006, 06:28 PM
catracer343

Ha Ha! Ben, it's actualy the new Futaba 32-D. That damm cleaning lady always seems to have her hands on my goodies.... I just lookes at your Tango link and it does not appear to be the same bird. It is however the same plane that Phil has pictured.

Hey Phil, is this still available as a kit here in the U.S.?

I have also had my eye on a Flyingbalsa.com PT25.....Should I get what I need to scratch build the D&B Sport, or would I be better off building the PT kit?

Decisions, Decisions........ -Craig[sm=72_72.gif]
Old 09-18-2006, 07:02 PM
JoelW

Hello Catracer,

If your desire is to learn to fly an "Autogyro", purchase the PT25. It is far superior to any twin rotor winged Machine. The guys at Flying Balsa have designed and kitted an excelent primary trainer to learn the skills of flying the autogyro. you can't find a better autogyro in kit form from any supplier.

Joel
Old 09-18-2006, 08:12 PM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

Joel,

AMEN,
Jim
Old 09-19-2006, 07:14 PM
catracer343

Well, I guess the jury has spoken! I will have to buy a PT kit....Thank you guys for helping me out with this! I have an old O.S. .40FP that will look real nice on the nose, and plenty of room in my new transmitter for "just one more"! -I just hope it will be o-k with the "cleaning lady"

I will keep you all posted! -Craig
Old 09-20-2006, 02:44 AM
floridagyro

Hi,

If you are still interested, it looks like the kit from DB Sport is still available.

Here is the link:

http://www.dbsportandscale.com/

Phil