Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

My rotor hubs are done.

Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

My rotor hubs are done.

Old 03-14-2002, 05:12 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My rotor hubs are done.

I've made two delta rotor hubs, a clockwise, and a counterclockwise hub. The two to about twenty hours to complete. I've lighten them up some, with the bearings and axle, 5 1/2oz now as opposed to 7oz before the holes. I could make more holes to lighten them up a little more, but if your not careful you could make it look like you just made a lot of mistakes, they're not perfect, but OK to use. I'm using two bearing, one top, one bottom, they spin very steady and freely.

http://www.netlabs.net/hp/soarrich/rotorsdone.JPG

The to triangles in the middle are two none delta hubs, they took about 20 minutes to make. The normal hubs may be all that are need to fly, I'm just going to run test to see how much is gained by using the delta hubs in this application.
Old 03-14-2002, 02:29 PM
cowboy22

Rich - The hub looks great! Keep the pics coming. Are you going to test fly soon?
Old 03-14-2002, 07:34 PM
floridagyro

Default Autogyro Rotors

Hi Rich,

Is that 5.5 ozs per hub or is that the weight for the pair? I weighted one of mine and three blades with one hub weights 5.0 ozs. That's with a 46" diameter rotor.

They do look nice.

Phil
Old 03-14-2002, 09:07 PM
soarrich

Phil

It's 5 1/2 oz each. Where's the train forum?

The two in the middle weigh about 3/4 oz each.

My blades are going to be up to 78" each. I have not decided yet exactly how big the will be though it depends on how I build the outriggers, ect.
Old 03-14-2002, 09:18 PM
soarrich

Originally posted by cowboy22
Rich - The hub looks great! Keep the pics coming. Are you going to test fly soon?
I think I'll make my SpaceWalker a testbed, that will take a week. I still have to make blades, so we're looking at two weeks before I fly minimum.

I've got pictures from florida, but I've got to scan them. Once you have a digital camera it's tough to going back to the BDC days.