Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

"2-D" Quick-Build Profile Kit

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

"2-D" Quick-Build Profile Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Villa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "2-D" Quick-Build Profile Kit

Yesterday my subject Autogyro from Autogyro Company of Arizona was maidened by our resident gyro pilot. Ground handling was a little difficult and I later found that the main gear was shifting left/right, plus I forgot to set the main wheels to have some toe-in. I need to more firmly attach the wire gear. I will silver solder some wire angles to the wire gear that will fit into holes in the plywood supports to firmly position the wire gear. It crashed three times trying to take off, but no damage. We had three flights. It flew OK. I have not taken it up myself. I may add some windows according the the plans, but I'm not much for decoration. I chose colors to help me see the Gyro in the air better.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10695.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	1182466   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok28751.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	1182467   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97377.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	1182468  
Old 05-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Villa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE:

Since the gyrocopter has a tendency to roll over to the retreating blade side during takeoff, left side on mine and on most, is it advisable to put in a few clicks of right aileron trim prior to takeoff? Once airborne the aileron trim can be brought back to neutral. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Old 10-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE:

Thats a cool model. Was it difficult to build? It looks like the rotor tilts from side to side. Do you spin the rotor prior to take-off?