Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
 Futaba GY401 question >

Futaba GY401 question

Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

Futaba GY401 question

Old 07-24-2009, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba GY401 question

I have a GY401 on a Trex with JR 8103 and a 700 receiver. Been flying the thing for years but never used stunt 1 or 2 modes. I was having a 3d pilot check everything out on the machine and he noticed several things right away that I needed to change or fix. I fixed them all but one. The 401 starts flashing when switching to stunt 1 or 2. It stops when switched back to normal. The manual's excellent instructions say that if the led flashes, it means the rudder trim has shifted in that flight condition??? and to readjust the rudder trim. Can someone shed some detailed light on this one? I have no idea what it means to readjust the rudder trim with the engine off and would be too afraid to put it in stunt mode while in the air right now. Please someone post something fast so I can crash again soon. Email [email protected]. Thanks in advance...
Old 07-24-2009, 06:28 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 361 Likes on 290 Posts
Default RE: Futaba GY401 question

Some transmitters allow you to set the flight surface trim per flight mode.

Zero out your rudder trim in all flight modes. You can do it on the bench, the helicopter doesn't even have to be turned on.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What exactly is zero out the trim mean? That is what the manual says. Sorry for being stupid, but I simply do not understand what action to take specifically to achive this.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:59 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 361 Likes on 290 Posts

You have a rudder trim. Its probably digital. Press it one way or the other and it beeps and adds a click of trim to the rudder. It should beep differently at center.

Some radios (not 100 percent sure about that one) store a trim position for each flight mode, so if you take off in normal and give two clicks of trim, and then switch to Idle up 1, then the trim will again be off by two clicks.

So center the trim in each flight mode and the problem will go away.