Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

gyro servos torque

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

gyro servos torque

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 12:09 PM
baronrouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gyro servos torque

Hello,
What torque is necessary for a gyro like A of A Kellet (or similar size), equiped with DC Head?
I read that this head don't need powefull servos (see E.Pinilla with his Cierva), or in others forum that is necessary to use high torque servos.
Who believe? What is you experience in this size of gyro?
Thanks,
Jérôme
Old 11-12-2009, 12:50 AM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gyro servos torque

I'm by no means and autogyro expert, but I do have the '37 Kellett kit from Autogyro Co of AZ. I haven't started it yet, but I've decided that I won't use less than high-torque (approx 150oz), metal-geared digitals on the head...something like the Hitec HS-5645s. That may be a little overkill on torque, but I'd rather be safe than sorry with this model. In fact, I might even use HS-7985s.

Torque requirements aside, I've been told that metal-gear servos are highly recommended on the head. Even on my PT-25 trainer, FlyingBalsa recommends metal-gear servos on the head...specifically HS-225s.