Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

Ciervia help

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

Ciervia help

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 12:02 AM
kylenlord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ciervia help

What is the recomended method of takeoff on this Arizona kit? A hand launch or a runway takeoff? How exactly does the rotor come up to speed? Also, I assume that the preferred direction of rotation is counter-clockwise when viewed from above. This is my first autogyro so any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 04-07-2002, 04:38 PM
kwmtp

Default C.4 Help

Hand launching is the prefered method for the C.4 for a couple of reasons;
1) It gives confirmation of full autorotation to the pilot by getting light in your hand.
2)The C.4 very narrow main gear, and a skid on the tail. The combination of those things along with the other standard ground handling characteristics of autogyro's make a R.O.G. (Roll of Ground) takeoff difficult at best to complete without re-kitting your rotor blades.
Stop being such a Big Girl , it's not hard to hand launch, and when you get used to doing so, it's second nature. Besides all the guys at your club will think it's cool.
"How exactly does the rotor come up to speed?" I'll assume that you're not asking for the aerodynamic explanation of that, and focus on how you the pilot would bring the rotors into autorotation. First of all I would read the manual that came with your C.4, and if you don't have it, you can aquire one easily. Then I would reccomend that you get the video or DVD on flying the C.4. The support provided by Autogyro Co. of Arizona is spectacular, in fact the Man himself will probably address your question here in the forum. You can also contact them directly via E-mail, here's a link to their website http://www.autogyro-rc.com/

Have fun,
-Mike
Old 04-10-2002, 10:47 PM
Steve T.

Default Ciervia help

Welcome to the Autogyro Forum here on R/C Universe, "kylenlord."

Helpful response, Mike. (So good in fact, I have nothing to add.)