Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Hyperion G3 3.7V Lipoly charger?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Hyperion G3 3.7V Lipoly charger?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:16 PM
rrengineer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hyperion G3 3.7V Lipoly charger?

After many years flying with glo power I am playing with Stevens Aeromodel aircraft and have a question about the Hyperion G3 battery for the Quick Oats 100 that they sell. They recommend and sell the Hyperion G3 130mAh 3.7V 25/45C Lipo battery for this airplane. It uses the Parkzone Ember receiver. I just bought this battery and was wondering what would be a good charger for this? The ad copy says they can be safely charged at the 5C rate in 10 to 12 minutes. Heck, I don't even know what that means. I have a Tahmazo T15Plus charger and a FMA Cellpro Multi 4 and even an old Apache 2030 Smart Charger. I suspect one or more of these can charge this battery, but are not perfectly suited for the 5C rate. I think. Please educate a newbie to electrics and maybe a recommendation for a charger.
Mike
Old 09-10-2011, 06:13 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Hyperion G3 3.7V Lipoly charger?

If you're on a budget it's easy to pick up one of the parkzone or eflight single cell chargers that is made for those cells. They take 4 alkaline batteries and have a light that turns off when the charging is done.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:10 PM
rrengineer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hyperion G3 3.7V Lipoly charger?

That's an easy solution and I appreciate the suggestion, but these Hyperion Generation 3 batteries can be safely charged up to 5 times (5C) their charge rate in 10 minutes according to the ad for them. I was just looking for a charger that could charge a single cell battery this way.